Chapter 7

Just business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since the day I met Seungri’s boyfriend and the dark circles under my eyes kept getting darker and darker. I tried my best to avoid him at all costs, in a desparete attempt to save even a tiny part of my heart. I was feeling down, I looked tired and I could hear everyone whispering behind my back, out of pure concern, of course. Somehow I succeed to stay away from Seungri but I had to attend the monthly castings along with him.

‘Jiyong oppa!, ’ I heard a familiar voice as I was heading towards the conference room

I turned around quickly and saw a familiar face. More than just a familiar face. His eyes, his nose, his lips, but a bit more feminine.

'Hanna? Wow, you grew up.’

The girl had hair a bit shorter than her shoulders in the same color as her brother’s. Hanna always had a thing for trying her best to look like her older brother. When she was younger she cut her hair short so people would know they’re siblings. Seungri never really had an opinion about her obsession with looking just like him while I was completely against it.

'Yeah,’ she nodded, 'I’m here for the casting.’

I noticed Hana was wearing expensive sneakers, an oversized jersey and too short shorts.

'Oppa said you have to pick me.’ I was taken aback by her boldness, 'He’ll be so pissed if I don’t get in the company.’

'I’m sorry?,’ I blinked confusedly, 'Who do you think you are?’

Hana was never so confident and arrogant. What happened to her? Yes, she had quite a lot of confidence, she became popular thanks to her brother and she could afford anything she wanted but she never had the guts to speak up to me like this.

'Be respectful, missy,’

Her bittersweet laugh rang trough the hallway

'Respectful to you?,’ there was a dark spark in her eyes, 'You deserve no respect, Jiyong. After all you did… you think my family still has any respect left for you? You ruined my brother. But, you know, he’s just a guy. Nothing and no one to the mighty GD.’

She was right. Completely right. I had nothing to add so I just continued walking.
Seungri and I sat next to each other behind the long wooden table, looking trough the portfolios of the girls which were performing for us. 

'Hana-’ he started

'Yeah, I saw her and she told me everything…’, I cut him off in a small voice

'Oh… great. She really deserves this,’ here he is, the old Seungri, fighting for the rights of others, 'She won’t disappoint us.’

I nodded, placed her folder aside and handed him another one. 

'How about her? She seems nice. She can sing, her rap is sick…. she’s not a good dancer but you can polish her, right?’

'Yeah, she seems nice. I can work with her…’, he said and moved the folder to his pile

I tried to get out of the room as fast as I could before Angela told the contestants about our choice. Girls can be so noisy, pushy and hyper. I hate teenagers. I was just about to get in my car when I noticed someone special. Seungri’s mom was looking at me, giving me a shy forceful smile. Suddenly I felt so tired, sick and sad. Seungri’s family once loved me and today his dad didn’t want to look at me. I really hurt those people although I love them so much.

'How are you?’ the lady asked faintly, 'What happened? Did Hanna get accepted?’

Seungri’s mom was such a nice lady. Soft spoken, shy, loving, caring- the perfect mother.

'Yes, she did. Congratulations.’ I said and her parents finally smiled genuinely

'How’s your mom, Jiyong?’ She asked and placed her small hand on my shoulder,  making me feel all warm inside

Our parents used to be best friends and, strangely, they were happy when they find out Seungri and I were dating. Our mothers went shopping together, cooked, watched dramas, went to yoga classes while our fathers were crazy about golf, football and spicy chicken. Yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter