Chapter 9

Just business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry for the super late update but I was really busy. Anyway... I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you all for the comments and upvotes.

 

Angela's pov:

Suddenly coldness took over my body, waking me up from my pointless dream. Half of the bed was empty as usual, only light hints of expensive perfume giving out I wasn’t lonely trough the whole night. I was already getting used to it- falling asleep next to Youngbae and never waking up to his touch. I was starting to think that maybe the nights we spent together were nothing more but a dream because at the end I was breathless and alone in my bed. It wasn’t always like that. He was sweet, gentle, loving, the perfect man to be with. Bae appreciated me and I could tell this by all the roses and shoes he bought him. For awhile I was convinced I’m not just ‘a white horse’ like the natives like saying, not just an accessory he brought to parties. Youngbae doesn’t give off a 'player’ vibe and you wouldn’t even think he’d treat his…. his…. I’m not really his girlfriend, nor his friend with benefits. It’s more than just friends with benefits. But I would gladly date him if he asks. Or would I? You see, recently he changed a lot- Bae is always on his phone or at parties, never making time for anything but spending the night with me. No kisses, no hugs, no compliments. All of a sudden Jiyong is the only topic we can discuss for more than twenty seconds before running out of things to say. And it makes me tired…. 
I rolled out of the bed lazily and went on with my usual routine- brushing my teeth, taking a shower and drying off my hair. Right before getting dressed I decided to check for any news online revolving around Jiyong, like I always did. Keeping his manager and him informed about every little rumour was a part of my job. They could decide what’s important and what isn’t on their own. Every day there was something new- photoshopped pictures of him and Top “on a date”, cocky rookies dissing him or European models praising him on their twitter accounts. It was all part of my job.
“Lee Seungri’s first interview after joining GD Ent."  was the title which grabbed my attention. There was a bad feeling building up in my tummy but it made me hurry up even more with opening the article.

Q: How did you take the decision to join the board of the company?
A: Honestly, I wanted to help my friends. During all these years we kept our good relationship and strong bond. So when GD asked me to join the board I immediately said yes. My friends can always count on me no matter what.

Liar.

Q: In what ways will you contribute to GD Ent.?
A: I’m way more skilled when it comes to business. GD and Sol know a lot about music but not numbers. I have proven I know what I’m doing a long time ago. My academy is still on top of its game and this shows I can easily help them pick the right people. The restaurants are doing fine- proof I know a thing or two about money.
Q: What’s the best thing about the company?
A: The kids. They’re amazing. So talented, lively, cheerful, determinated. And the most important thing is that they love music. They’re not doing it just so they can become famous.
A: And the worse thing?
Q: There are lots of unprofessional people in the company. People with too much attitude who forget they’re just assistants and not a CEO. But I’m gonna work on changing this.

This idiot was talking about me. A loud scream escaped my lips as I threw my phone against the wall before even finishing the article. I stood up and started walking around in circles. It felt as if my head was about to explode. How dares he? My hands were all over the nightstands, cupboards, trying to find something to tidy up. This was the only thing which relaxed me- clening up. You could tell how bad my mental state was recently judging by the squeaky clean surface of everything in the whole appartment. I grabbed my things and rushed off to the garage. I had to tidy up something. Soon I was knocking as hard as I can on Jiyong’s door. A long minute passed before my sleepy boss appeared on the door frame, shirtless and tired. 

'Did you read that damn article!?’ I screamed and pushed him aside so I can walk in. The good thing about Jiyong’s place is that, most of the time, it was a mess. I threw my coat on the floor and started gathering his dirty socks, ignoring Jolie’s barking coming from the next room.

‘What are y-’

'Tell me it worked, Jiyong. Tell me you made out with that jerk’s boyfriend and you have it all on tape.’ I made my way to the leaving room and took the plates he didn’t bother cleaning last night

I was already in the kitchen, washing the “evidence” of his date, but I didn’t get an answer. He stood behind me in complete silence for a couple of minutes. When I was done I wiped my hands in the towel and turned around to face him. 

'So?’

There was guilt written all over Jiyong’s face and I could see him gulping.

'N-nothing happened…,’ he looked down at his pink socks, 'It didn’t work.’

I groaned and continued with tidying up the place. Meanwhile GD struggled to unplug the camera and put it back in its box.

'You didn’t tell me what’s wrong.’ he called out from the living room

'Didn’t you see the article?’ I headed towards his bedroom and started his laptop, 'This idiot Seungri is talking about me.’

I could hear him sigh while the computer was loading. I didn’t like the way he always wanted to defend that annoying, cocky jerk. Jiyong had to move on and kick him out of his life. At first, I had nothing against Seungri joining the company because Bae said it was a good idea. He even thought this would make Jiyong feel better. Obviously, thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter