Chapter 5

Just business
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'You guys ok?' Jiyong's lawyer, Mr.Park, a bright and cheerful man in his early fifities greeted greeted as he sat down.

Luckily, Jiyong didn't spend a lot of time all by himself with Seungri again because Youngbae was already waiting when he got in the conference room. He had brief 5 minutes to avoid the youngest man's eyes before Park arrived.

He knew his lawyer for ages and they were close friends, family. They've been together trough all the scandals and Ji often found himself seeking advice from the man. Park had a daughter at Daesung's age which helped him a lot in befriending the other boys from the band.

'How are you doing, Ri? Haven't seen you in awhile,' the man asked casually and Jiyong quickly stepped on his foot

Seungri raised his brows and made a bitter face before letting out a quiet 'I'm fine.' Park understood his friendly questions weren't welcome so they spent the next couple of minutes waiting for Youngbae's lawyer (who was late as usual) in complete silense. Once they were all present Seungri's lawyer took out three neat sheets of paper and set them on the round table.

'My client and I decided that the present contract doesn't suit us. So we made a new one.' he added as his colleagues scanned the paper. Youngbae and his lawyer shared a look before Dong shrugged. He never cared about the company, he was only trying to help out his best friend.

'He doesn't want 20% but 35%,' Park whispered in Jiyong's ear and he gasped loudly

'What!?,' Kwon yelled, 'I can't have 35% of my own company. I'm not sharing it with him. This ain't GDSeungri entertainment. That 'GD' part speaks for itself.'

'I'm getting only only 10% by the new contract,' Youngbae explained quickly, as if he didn't care, as if they were discussing the weather 'Which means you're getting 55%, Jiyong. Don't worry.'

Jiyong gulped loudly. He didn't have anything against the deal but it felt like he was letting his best friend down. Although Youngbae was taking a completely neutral side Ji was supposed to defend him. He had to scream, yell, tear the contract into tiny pieces yet he couldn't bring himself to do it. He looked at Youngbae who nodded quickly once their eyes met as if telling him to go for it.

'G-good...' Kwon took out his pen and signed all three contracts followed by the other men

They wrapped up everything quickly and started leaving. Jiyong, of course, was careful not to meet Seungri's eyes so he took his time to collect his papers and fix his extravagant tie. When he got out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter