Sandara Park

Without You

Chapter 2

Dara's POV

Its been 2 days 6hours 30minutes and 16seconds since I last saw him. I am talking about my best friend Tabi. Hello there, my name is Sandara Park, others call me Dara but only one person calls me Dee. That person or rather that man is Choi Seunghyun my Tabi. I clearly told him last time we met that he must call me and see each other the next day, but he never show up his handsome face. I tried calling him, but his line can't be reached. Did something bad happen to him? He never replies to any of my messages. Arrggh, that guy.

"Babe, are you alright?" oh ! I almost forgot. I am having a family dinner with soohyun's parents in their house. I am spacing out.

"Oh, yeah." definitely a lie. How can I be alright when I havent heard anything from my Tabi. I let out a fraustrating sigh before eating my food again.

"Dara, my dear. I know that this maybe too early,but you know..We are not getting younger. We want to see our only son getting married while we are still alive. We want to see the two of you get married asap."

"ack!" I get choke by his mom sudden request.

"Mom!" I hear him protest then give me a table napkin for me to wipe the dripping soup from my mouth. I gladly accepts it and say thank you.

"Why? Arent you thinking about it honey?" she's now asking her son.

"Its not that I am not thinking about it..Its too early for that..besides, Dara and I want to enjoy our relationship first. Right babe?" now he is asking and looking at me. I agree with him.

"Yeobo, dont push them to do it. Things will fall in God's time." I hear Mr. Kim commented. Thank God!. I havent thinking about that at all. The dinner is done, his parents separate ways from us since soohyun drives me home. Upon arriving to my appartment, he stood at my door frame bidding goodbye, but before he can totally walk away I get the courage to ask him about Seunghyun. I dont know if it is right or wrong because I am concern about him. Heck, its Seunghyun's fault for not showing up and I am missing him so much.

"Oppa, do you know where Seunghyun is?" I look at him but he avoids my stare.

"I dont know. He never call me." disappointed with his answer, I hang my head down.

"Ok, thanks! Good night" I said and walk inside my apartment.

Days have pass by so quickly a total of 3 weeks and just like the other past days, still no sign of Seunghyun. I decided to go and visit his house and skip a day of work. I arrive at his house only to meet his head maid.

"Good morning mrs. Ha, is Tabi inside?" she lives with him since he start living here in seoul because his parents are abroad working their family business. He decided to study here during his highschool and thats when I met him. He is such a shy boy back then. No friends at all. Very silent, but smart. He is a total package, because he has the look, brain, and money which everyone admires him. I feel happy when the two of us become friends because of my stubborn self. He is easy to be like because of his sweet and caring attitude. My friends also become his friends, we always stick together that is why I had a lot of haters. They envy my position, especially when he did a total make over. Actually I was the one to suggest him that as a challenge and he accepted it. He becomes our school hottie boy and get famous. Girls talked about him 24/7 even the boys. But one thing I have noticed about him is he's very attentive about me. He never dated anyone. He just stick with me. I remember when a senior in our school aproached me to court. Seunghyun shoo him away and I get mad. I really want to have a boyfriend during that time because I want to stop myself from thinking about me liking Seunghyun. If we become in a relationship and soon broke up I will loose everything just like what happened to my past. I dont want to happe it again and not with Seunghyun. Then one time he already confess to me, I was willing to accept him but I get scared so I decline him and just remain friends with him. At first I thought I made a bad decision because I might probably loose him, but he proves me wrong. We still become friends and the two of us become best buddy. I was actually ok with our set up and not planning to have a boyfriend but then he introduced me to his one and only bestfriend who comes back from US after we both started working. I dont know what he have gotten on his mind when he did that, but somehow I felt hurt. It seems like he is pushing me away. Am I becoming a pain in his because of my troublesome attitude?. Or is he tired of me? Those where the things I kept thinking since he keeps setting me up on a date with his best friend soohyun. Well, honestly Soohyun is a great man. He has similar attitude like Seunghyun. After few months I dont know if I did fall in love with him, it just happened that when he asked me to be his girl, I said yes without thinking. Then I called Seunghyun to deliver ther news. But hearing him congratulates us, pain strikes into my heart. I ask myself why I feel that way when in the first place its better for me because my feelings for Seunghyun will stop growing. During our little celebration we talked like there is no tomorrow. He make us laugh with his joke. I dont why, but everytime he crack up a joke I never fail to laugh even most of them corny. Then when its his time to leave, it feels like he is not showing up again. I quickly scolded him. He made a promise to me that night, but where is he now?

"Hi ms. Dara, master Seunghyun is not living here anymore." my reverie cuts off when I hear her talk.

"He's not here? But where? And when did he left?" I asked the old lady.

"Its been 3 weeks."

"3 weeks? Where did he go?"

"He said that he needs to go back to his parents because of their family business. Didnt you know that his parents went here to pick him up?" she asked me and I shook my head in response. How could he not tell me about it? How dare him leave me without knowing? Is he that determine to get away from me as soon as me and soohyun officially on? 

"Oh, by the way. Its actually good that you are here ms. Dara because the young master ask me to give something for you. Please have a sit first while I go and get it." she said and I did what she told me. She comes back with a small box wrapped in a red wrapper and and ties with a gold ribbon.

"Here it is." she pass me the gift and I accepted it.

"Young master told me to give it to you since he cant directly give it."

"Thank you mrs. Ha." i examine the gift in my hand. There is a card on it with my name written inside.

"Your always welcome. Sorry but I need to leave you here because I still have chores to do." she excuse herself and I let her be.

I sit back again to the couch and start unwrapping his gift. Inside the box is a stuffed toy designed just like him and dress formally. A bear that looks like him. Not an ordinary one because I see a circle in the toy's tummy saying touch me in which I did, the toy speaks.

"Hi my name is Tabi! Please take care of me."

Omo, its his voice. A tear escape my eyes remembering his voice. Then I noticed an mp3 recorder attached at the bear's back. I detached it and plug the earphones on my ears before pressing the play button.

Hi Dee, its me your one and only Tabi. Long time no see and no hear right? Sorry if I didnt inform you about me leaving. Its unexpected. I know what you are thinking right now. That I probably left you because I cant stand your troublesome attitude or maybe I dont want to be with you anymore. Well, honestly its true that you are a troublesome person but I will never get tired of you. I like you just the way you are. In fact I wanna be with you forever and you already know that because I keep telling you that. We may not end up as a lover, but I am happy to be your best friend. I treasure everything we had since day one of our friendship. Now that you already have Soohyun at your side, I feel comfortable leaving you with him. No matter what happen, just always remember that I will be your best friend forever. Pkease dont look for me anymore. And please dont cry. No matter where I am, you will always be my one and only angel Dee. Please take care always. I love you so much.

With that, his message ended and it made me cry hard.

"Ms. Dara are you alright?" I loom to where the voice comes from and notice that its Mrs. Ha.

"D-did..did he say where he is? His..his adress probably." i manage to ask her but she shook her head.

"The young master didnt told me about their address. Maybe Mr. Kim knows because he was here the day before young master left. I saw them talked outside. And he is also his bestfriend at the US so he k~" I didnt let her finish when I quickly bids goodbye and run towards my car together with Seunghyun's gift. I drive fast to Soohyun's office. When I arrive I quickly open the door, and shocked by what I heard.

"Seunghyun cant die auntie. Please be strong for him." 

"who..who..is dying?" i feel like there is something stuck on my mouth that i find it hard to breath and talk after hearing him. He turn around and look at me surprised with my sudden appearance.

"Da-dara?" I walk towards him still with the teddy bear in my hand.

"I said, who's dying?" i repeat myself whe. He didnt answer me.

"Dara, please calm down fi~"

"Yah! Kim soo hyun-sshi!.." I shouted at him. I dont know whats happening to me but one thing is for sure I want to hear it clear. I wish that my ears are playing prank on me.

"Seunghyun." he said with fear can clearly hear from him. My whole system feels like shutting down upon hearing it from him. This cant be. He cant be. How could he? I keep asking myslef when everything goes black.