Dara

Without You

Dara's POV

It's almost midnight but I cant fall asleep. My mind is pre-occupied by Seunghyun. I cant wait to see him. Soohyun told me that the day after tomorrow is our flight. I prepare everything already, but I dont know what to say when I see him. Honestly, after the day I got hospitalized Soohyun talked to me about us. He told me that he will let me go, a break up most probably. I was shock by it because if we broke up his parents will be sad especially his mom. But he said that he will explain everything to his parents so they will understand our situation. I asked him why and he answer me by saying that I need to listen to what my heart truly wants. Because he said that heart never lies. At first I dont get what he said, but when he stop showing up since that day I totally realized what he meant. Its really not him that I want, my heart will always be for Seunghyun no matter how hard I try to avoid it, the feeling keeps come back to me. I need to be honest to myself for once. I am willing to put our friendship aside and try again what I did before. I am still afraid as to what this feelings can lead me or us. If this will be a success then good but if it fails Im totally broken. My thoughts cut off when I hear my phone vibrate on the bedside table. I reach out and look at the screen to see who's calling me at this late hour. His name flash on the screen. I cant help but smile knowing that the person I want to hear and see is now finally calling me.

"Yah! Choi Seunghyun-sshi! How dare you not to call me for the past days?" I quickly said after answering his call. I was actually mad at him for avoiding me, now its payback time. But then I hear him laugh. Oh, god how I miss his deep masculine laugh. I wish I could see his face.

"YAH HOW DARE YOU LAUGH AT ME? DONT YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS WHEN YOU DIDNT EVEN CALL OR SHOW UP? DONT YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I MISS YOU RIGHT NOW?" i scold him with my tears starts to roll down my cheeks. What the heck I am crying for?

"I'm sorry..please dont cry.." how did he know that I am crying when I didnt even sobs. I stay silent for awhile trying my best to not show him that he is right about me crying. I clear my voice before I speak.

"Who told you I'm crying? Why would I?"

"I know you Dee, more than you know yourself. You cant lie to me." I was surprised by his statement, i remain quite waiting for him to talk again. That is how much he love me. Im sorry Tabi, for ignoring your feelings for the sake of our friendship. I feel stupid for trying my best to stop my feelings for him.

"Dee, sorry I couldnt call you for the past few days. I got so busy doing our family business here. You know, saving our company..because I am superman." he said. But I knew it was a lie. Probably if I didnt know the truth now, maybe I would believe him. He is hidding his true situation from he, but I choose to not let him know.

"How come you are superman when you dont have a power to protect others?" i just ride with his silly talk.

"Hey, hey missy..I have powers..you just dont actknowledge it.."

"Abd what is that Mr.?"

"My PERFECT PERSONALITY! I have the look that can captivate people. The smile that can kill and the voice that can send a person to death." he boastfully enumerate his so called power. This silly guy knows how to make me laugh at his antics.

"You know that you're crazy right?" i commented.

"Yeah, only for you...I am happy to hear you laugh."

"I miss you Dee!" his added and it made me stop from laughing.

"If you really missed me, why dont you come here and visit me?" I dare him, but I already know the answer.

"I cant. I still have so many things to do here." he just confirm my thought. I sigh.

"Hey, how are you and Soohyun? are you two going strong?" he just know how to divert the topic on time. Should I tell him now? But it will just worry him.

"Is something alright Dee?. Did my bestfriend hurt you?" I didnt know that I stayed quite for a long time.

"Oh, hmm..well we're good. Such a worry freak!" Is all I could say. I cant tell him now, maybe when I get to see him in person.

"Ohhh, so why dont you tell me about the two of you?"

"Tabi, can we not talked about it now. I want to have a good chat with my best friend for now since he just call me now." I try to change the conversation.

"Ehhy..did my fierce Dee is shy now? You are hidding your relationship from me now huh.." what the hell, is he teasing me now?

"Haist!.. You know what? If you dont want to talk to me then just hang up!" I pissedly said.

"Hahaha..ok fine! Such a hot tempered.." he commented. I stay quite.

"Dee, sorry..please dont be mad. Please say something..Ok, just tell me how's your day?" I cant help but smile at his begging. I am about to answer him when I hear him cough few times then a loud thud followed next.

"Tabi?..Tabi, what happened?..Yah, Choi Seunghyun!" But I hear nothing. I look at my phone to see if the line got off but it didnt so I place it back to my ear.

"SEUNGHYUN-AH!" I hear a female voice on the other line. Panic crept on my whole system. What is going on there? What happened to Tabi?

"Hello? Hello?.. Tabi?" i keep talking over the phone hoping that someone will answer it to give me an update on what is going on, but all I hear are foot steps and collision. Then the line cuts off. What the? I try calling his number again but it only rings. No one is answering his damn phone.

The day of our flight...

Soohyun and I are quite inside the cabin. When I decide to talk.

"Soohyun-ah"

"Dara" the both of us said in unison. He look at me with a worried look.

"Go ahead, you first." he said.

"Seunghyun called me." i speak then look down on my fiddling thumbs.

"I know, he told me. Can I ask you?" he began. I look up at him and nod.

"Is it true that you only told him about us having good time? And nothing else?" I am confused. I never did that.

"Eh? I never told him that."

"But he said it...wait, what time did he called you?"

"Around midnight, why?" i replied as I remember oyr converstion.

"That man. He lied to me. He said that he called you first before calling me and when I asked him what you two talked he said that its about you and I." he explain.

"But, soohyun-sshi..ammm..did you received a call from his mom after that day or yesterday?"

"Not at all, why?"

"Because when we are talking i think something bad happened to him."

"Huh?.." he is just confused just like me.

"I dont know. Im not sure what happened. I thought maybe his parents called you."

"No they didnt. Dont worry, I know auntie will call if its really an emergency. So dont worry too much. Besides we will see him in awhile now. Just remember to tell him everything. Especially your true feelings for him. I am sure he will be so happy to hear that." he comforted me and just like that my heart feel at ease. Just wait a little bit, Tabi. I am coming for you.