Seunghyun Choi

Without You

Chapter 1

Krrrrriiinnngggg! Krriiinnngg! A loud noise from the alarm clock can be heard inside the room of a guy named Seunghyun. He lazily sit up on his bed and grab the alarm clock at the bedside table to turn it off. He yawn and mess up his already messed hair. Its 7am in the morning. He get up and walk towards his bathroom to take a shower. After a couple of minutes, he comes out from the bathroom feeling fresh and cool. Then he starts counting.

"1,2,3,4,5" his phone rings on his bed. He smiled as he walk towards his bed and pick up his phone. His smile grew more upon seeing the caller name on his screen.

"Just as I expect." he commented before answering the call.

"Good morning my Tabi!" the person on the other line sweetly greets him. He cant deny how his heart flutters even just hearing her voice.

"My morning is always good especially when you start it." his cheezy line makes the lady on the line giggle.

"Aiggoo..I miss you.." He smile hearing her said those words, but he knows her so much.

"What is it this time around Dee?" He manage to ask although he already know what is the answer.

"Soo hyun and I are officially together" she happily announce to him.

Seunghyun's POV

Hi guys, my name is Choi Seunghyun. A typical korean boy for what I know. But people around me said that I am not just an ordinary because I have the extreme good looks, y and cool charisma that can make the girls fall in love. But I doubt about what they said because the only girl that I am attracted to is not falling for me no matter what I do. Yeah you heard me right, for her I just a best friend who will always be there anytime she's happy or down. I already told her about my feelings for her, but for her it seems like I am joking about it. She didnt take it seriously. Then I found myself distancing from her because I am hurt, but she keeps on coming to me and ask what is wrong and why I am avoiding her. She told me that she cant loose me as her friend. That last word of her made it clear for me that I nothing than just her friend. I got friend zone by her. That's the most painful part for me, but since I really love her I manage to stay by her side through ups and downs. My friends call me martyr for doing it. Then one time I made a hard decision. I cant continue to be like this so I try my best to find her a partner. I became a match maker for her. The person that I pair up with her is my best friend Kim Soo Hyun. He is a good guy and I am sure that Dara will like him and I am pretty sure that she will be in good hands. She asked me why I am pairing her up with my friend. I am tempted to answer her honestly, but I decide not to say it for her not to feel sad and for me not to get hurt again and again. I just told her that she needs to have a boyfriend that will stay with her forever. She then replied to me.

"Cant you do that for me?"

"Dee, just like what you said I am your best friend. There are limitations between us but if you have a boyfriend I am sure he will always be with you forever." I feel like stupid for saying those things to her.

"If thats what you think, then I will do what you like me to do." hearing her accept my offer, i feel like crying but I cant because this will be the best for us. After a months of dating, she now announce me that they are officially on. I feel happy and sad at the same time. I am happy because I can leave her with a happy heart, but sad because I will never see her again  forever.

"Thats good to hear. Finally Dee. I am so happy for you. This calls for a celebration." I try my best to act normal so she will feel comfortable.

"Yeah, I will go to your house and bring something to eat and drink." i hear her said feeling all excited.

"No, not here in my house. Maybe at your house. i'll just drop by there. Make sure to invite soohyun, ok?" I said. I want to see her for the last time and make sure that soohyun will take care of her.

"Ok. Bye!" with that she ended the call. From day 1 to now I am with her, but I need to let her go. Forgive me Dee for leaving you.

-----@@-------

At Dara's house.

I am cooking her favorite pasta dish. I didnt know that I am being watched.

"Hhmmm..the smell makes me more hungry." she commented. I smile and glance to where the sound comes from. She's sitting on a stool at the dinning table. Her chin resting on her palm and elbow on the table. She's showing me her sweet smile.

"He's not here yet?" I ask and look back to what I am doing awhile ago.

"Not yet." I hear her response. Probably he got stuck with traffic. after an hour, I am done cooking and she set up the table. Then her apartment doorbell rings.

"That must be him." I said and she nods before walking away. Time flies fast, after we had dinner,  she volunteered to wash the dishes while me and soohyun talked at the living room.

"Bro, did you tell her already?" he asked me with worried expression. Actually, he is the first one to find out about my condition. Last week, he accidentally saw me at the Seoul hospital. I was there to have a check up. The sympthoms are showing almost everyday. I find it hard to show up with Dara during the past few weeks because of my condition. But its also good thing because she had to spend time together with soohyun. I just never fail to give her a call abd remind her about eating, sleeping and taking care of her health. Its a routing that I always do for her before asking hows her day.

"I havent told her. And I dont have plan to tell her. Its for our own good." I answer while my eyes are fixed on the television as it flashes an images of cartoons.

"She has the right to know bro." he insist. I sigh and look ay him seriously.

"Bro, I know you are a good guy. I am very confident that you will not make her cry or even get hurt because if you do, I will hunt you down." i pause. He has this worried and sad face on, that is why I pat his shoulder.

"No matter what happen to me, just take care of her. Dont forget to call her everyday, morning, lunch and dinner to remind her about eating on time and drinking her vitamins. Then ask her about her day. She has this attitude of falling asleep during your conversation at night then will call early in the morning saying that she's sorry for falli ng asleep." i cant help but smile as I keep remembering her.

"Bro, actually I envy you for knowing alot of things about her and I feel sad whenver she tells me a story about you and her together. I think she is just confused with her feelings for you. I remember when I asked her about not accepting your love, she directly said that she's afraid to loose you as a friend when you two become lovers. She's not ready to be in a relationship that time, but I am sure that right now she will accept you if you will confess again." He said with a hopeful tone.

"Even if I can, I will not do it. I dont want to be selfish. I want to see her happy. And I know, i will not be the one to do that for her. My time is ticking and I dont want to leave her sad that is why I am handing her to you. After this, I will go back abroad. My family is waiting for me at the airport." I actually love to her what he said about Dara might like me now, but I am afraid too because I need to leave her. I'm sorry Dara. I stand up then grab my coat that hangs on the couch. and leave my best friend behind. I am about to reach the front door when she comes out from the kitchen.

"Oh, you leaving already Tabi?" she asked upon seeing me. I smile and nod at her.

"I need to go back home because I have a lot of things to do. Besides, use this time also to be with your boyfriend." I said and walk towards her then hug. I feel that she got surprised by my action but still she hugs me back.

"Dee, always take care of yourself huh?.. " I feel her nod on my chest.

"Dont skip meals and always drink your vitamins. Have an 8 hours of sleep. Dont stress yourself. Have a monthly check up to avoid getting sick. And do~" she pull out from our hug and shout at me.

"Yah!..why are you saying that like you will leave me forever?..besides cant you see I am doing everything you said to me?..Look, I am a one heck of a healthy lady..and it all thanks for you consistent bothering..hmp!" she pout and cross her arms on her chest like a kid. I chuckle and ruffle her hair.

"Hahaha..yeah..I see..I am only saying this because you know..you already have a boyfriend..I need to distance myself from you t avoid jealousy. I dont want to be the cause of your fight..You know." I manage to answer her not showing how my heart is aching right now, knowing that this might be the last time for us.

"Yah, I dont want you to do that!..I dont want you to distant yourself from me. Because.."

"Because what Dee?" Will she say it this time? My heart is pounding hard while anticipating of her answer as our eyes met.

"Because your my best friend and I need you." she strongly said. Yeah, that's right. I felt relieve hearing her say those words.

"Silly!..I am just your best friend and my responsibility is different from your boyfriend. Plus you needing me can be replaced by him. He can take care of you more than a best friend can do. So be a good girl,ok?" I tried to explain it hoping she will accept it.

"But.." she still protesting so I pull her again for a hug.

"I love you,Dee.." I wishper to her. I dont know if she hears it of not. She hugs me too and I hear her sobbing. I pull out from the hug and look at her. I hold her face with both hands as I wipe her tears.

"Hey, dont cry. Sooner or later you will understand me. I want you to be happy so please smile." I plaster a smile for her to follow. Then she did.

"There, you look pretty when you smile. Dont you ever cry because you look ugly duckling." I and kiss her forehead and hold her hand.

"I better go now. Its late already. Bye my angel Sandy." I said and slowly letting go of her hand. I turn my back on her and ready to walk when she caught my slipping hand from hers.

"I'll wait for your call tomorrow, Ok?" I dont know what to say to her. This is goodbye. I just stared at her trying to memorized her look one last time. I just give her my smile.

"Ok, bye Tabi." with that she let got of my hand. With a heavy heart I walk out from her apartment.  Thank you for everything Dee, you are my first and last girl that I love forever and always. Till we meet again.