Let's Sing Together

Seventeen One Shots~ UPDATE! REQUEST OPENED!!!

Featuring Lee SeokMin/DoKyum/DK & OC Kim Raena

Raena P.O.V

I was in class alone as usual and I was listening to some music on my phone since there was still time before class started. I listened to my favorite song called ‘Oasis’ by B2ST and hummed to it. I smiled listening to the song since it was a very soothing song for me. I wish someone would sing that song for me one day. I played with my phone for a while and soon students began to fill into the class.

I studied in a music school called Pledis High. My only wish was to become a trainee and be a singer like B2ST. I sighed knowing the fact that it won’t happen anyways. Up front I saw the bully of the class. She goes by the name of Bae SuBin and she is literally the meanest person I’ve ever met in my whole life. She would always brag about herself and always bully those innocent ones. Her current target was me unfortunately and she will always laugh at me because I seldom participate in any singing performances.

I admit I don’t really participate but it is because I feel that I’m not ready yet. I sighed and she smirked at me walking to her seat beside her best friend. I plugged out my earphones and the teacher came in with a new student. The boy smiled brightly and girls in our class were whispering. He had a beautiful smile and to be honest I was mesmerized as well. The teacher told us to keep quiet and asked him to introduce himself.

SeokMin: Annyeong~ I’m Lee SeokMin~ I hope we can be friends *smiles*

SuBin: You can be my boyfriend if you want~ *smirks*

SeokMin: * head*

Teacher: Enough with that SuBin! Now… SeokMin, you can sit wherever you want and we’ll get on with class *smiles*

SeokMin: Neh~

End of Raena P.O.V

SeokMin P.O.V

I walked to a seat beside a girl and she was quite. I tilted my head and she looked at me. I saw her nametag and it said Kim Raena. I smiled at her and she chuckled back. I extended my hand to shake hers and she gladly shook back.

Teacher: Alright~! I need you guys to work on the songs I told you guys last week! If you already finished please let me have a listen!

Students: NEH!!

Teacher: Oh! And, Raena-yah~ please fill SeokMin with what we’re doing now alright…?

Raena: Neh…

Raena took her laptop out and started working on something. I was confused with everything and she smiled at me.

Raena: *chuckles* If you’re wondering, we’re now in the midst of making our own songs for an audition to perform on the day before our break. *smiles* Some are in groups and some are solo~

Me: Aahh… Can you teach me…? I don’t know anything yet… *scratches head*

Raena: Sure~ *smiles* SeokMin right…?

Me: Yeap~

She taught me everything I needed to know and suddenly a girl came up to us and stood in front of my table.

SuBin: Hey there little fella, wanna join me…?

Me: I’m sorry… I’m confused…

SuBin: I don’t think you would want to join this girl… *scoffs* Come join me and you’ll won’t regret anything *smirk*

Me: Um… well if you don’t mind, I would like to stay here… I’m fine with Raena…

SuBin: *scoff* Oh please… this girl doesn’t even know how to sing a decent note… *rolls eyes* I wouldn’t be surprise if she can’t sing at all *scoffs*

Me: Hey, now that’s a bit rude…

Raena: Its ok… *sighs*

Me: *pats her back* Well, I’m still staying here~ You can go off now *smiles*

She scoffed and walked away flipping her golden hair. I looked over to Raena and smiled reassuring her to ignore that girl just now. She lightly smiled back and sulked afterwards. I pulled her arm and we both went towards the teacher.

Me: Ssaem! Can we use the recording room in the school…? I need her to help me with something~

Teacher: Sure~ Just don’t fool around ok…?!

Me: NEH~

We went to the recording studio and I the lights. Raena sat down sulking again and I chuckled and gave her a mic. She looked confused but I handed it to her anyways. I sat down with another mic and she cocked her head. I smiled and went through my phone to look for some songs.

Raena: What is it…?

Me: I want you to sing for me~

Raena: But… You heard her… I can’t sing… not yet… *sighs*

Me: C’mon~ What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger~ *winks*

I ‘Stand by Me’ By SHINee and she widen her eyes when she heard it. I smiled and sang first trying to make her comfortable. She smiled listening to me sing and she looked impressed. I cued her to sing and she sang that part. Her voice was sweet and angelic, totally opposite of what that bully said. We sang the whole song and I clapped for her. She blushed and lightly bowed.

Me: Wow~ You’re a good singer!!~~

Raena: *blush* Thanks… Although I feel I’m not at the point yet… *sighs*

Me: Hey~ Don’t worry, you’re doing fine *smiles* Wanna group with me for the audition…?

Raena: *blush* I don’t know if I’m capable… *sulks*

Me: Trust me, we can do it~ Team…?

Raena: *smiles* Team…~!

Me: Just remember, you can do it~!

I high fived her and went back to class to work on the song for the audition. We were having so much fun and we didn’t notice that it was already break time. She brought me to the canteen and we ate together. I was really enjoying her company and I guess she was too. We finished out meal early and she took me to the school garden. We both sat down and I had an idea on my mind.

I snapped my fingers a few times and started singing to ‘Baby U’ by Teen Top and she smiled listening to me. She sang along with me and we both harmonized well. Some students gathered to listen and they seem impressed. We finished the song and some clapped. Raena blushed and I gave her 2 thumbs up. Suddenly someone intruded.

SuBin: Huh… So I guess she can sing some notes too… *scoffs*

Me: yes she can *smiles*

SuBin: Hey nerd, I never knew you could sing *rolls eyes* I thought you used auto-tune for your songs *laughs*

People started to whisper and I just told Raena to ignore. I stood up and held my hand out to her. She held it and I lead her back to class. She smiled a small smile and I patted her back.

Me: Remember what I told you ok…? They haven’t seen the real you yet *smiles*

Raena: *nods*

We went on with dance class and then some vocalisation class. Soon it was afterschool and the both of us decided to stay back in the school studio to talk about the audition. She took her laptop out and we made some tunes to sing to. Once we were satisfied, we started rearranging the lyrics. The song was called ‘Because Of You’ by AfterSchool and it was a short one since it was just an audition. We practiced our parts and made it perfect. We had a fun time making the song and soon it was getting dark. I walked her home and surprisingly she was in the same neighbourhood as I was in. I waved to her and she went into her house.

Few weeks has passed and we finally finished the song. We practiced a lot of times and were determined that we can make through the auditions. We practiced again today and were ready for the auditions tomorrow. I told Raena to get lots of rest and relax since she was very nervous for tomorrow. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. You can say that I’ve developed feelings for her. I walked her home again and mouthed her a ‘fighting’ before leaving. I went home and sat on my chair thinking about the song. If we fail, then I let Raena down. I sighed and just went to take a hot shower.

The next day, I woke up early and went to wash up. I was having a hard time finding my school pants and I went into HanSol’s room to fine it.

Me: HanSol, Where’s my pants…?

HanSol: (In English) I threw it away *laughs*

Me: *confused* Ah Ok…

I went out to search for my missing pants again. Luckily Junhui hyung came and gave it to me. I changed into the pants and headed out for school. I listen to the record version of our song and sang it a few times while walking. I reached school and saw Raena sitting on the bench practicing. I chuckled and went over to her.

I covered her eyes and laughed. She held onto my hands and chuckled.

Raena; yah, stop it *chuckles*

Me: How did you know it was me…? *smiles*

Raena: I recognize your laugh you idiot~ *giggles*

Me: Ouch, you called me an idiot *fakes sobs*

Raena; *chuckles* Arraseo, mian~~ *pouts*

Me: Aigoo *pinch her cheeks* Let’s go now or we’ll be late *smiles*

We walked into class and a lot of students were practicing. We sat at our spot and I decided to practice with her. We sang the parts and harmonized as well. Soon the teacher came in and called us all to go into the hall for audition. We lined up and both of us were the 7th contestant.

People were singing and dancing and they were very talented. Soon it was the 5th and it was SuBin and her gang. It was good but SuBin’s voice kept on cracking. Maybe it was because the notes were too high.

Soon it was out turn and I gave Raena a pat on the shoulders. She breathed and we went up on stage. The music came on and we sang to it. My part came on first and when I sang, the judges had their mouths in an o shaped. After my part, Raena came in. When she sang, the judges were oddly surprised. We did our last harmonization and the judges were nodding their heads. One even wiped a tear from his eye.

We finished the song and went off stage. Raena was still shaking and I held her shoulders to calm her down. She smiled and I nodded at her giving her 2 thumbs up. Soon everyone was done and the judges picked the 4 groups who will be performing out of 12 groups just now. We were anticipating and the judges began to announce the contestants.

Judge: Alright, these are the 4 groups that will be performing! First, Jung Leo! Second, Jung DaeHyun and Yoo YoungJae! Third! Lee Michelle! Fourth, Lee Hi!! Last but not least~ Lee SeokMin and Kim Raena!! Congratulations to you guys *claps*

Everyone clapped and the both of us were excited. I hugged Raena and she hugged back. I kissed her head and she giggled. We broke the hug and she was blushing. I smiled and hugged her again.

Me: We did it…~!

Raena: *sighs in relief* Yea…! I can’t believe it…!

Me: I told you~ *smiles*

Raena: Gomawoyo… *giggles*

Me: You’re welcome *smiles*

We both had a good time performing on the last day of school and it was exciting. The audience were wild and I even confessed my feelings for her. Fortunately, she accepted it since I was the first guy to ever help her so much. I hugged her and promised her to never hurt her.

The End~