Thank God You're Alive

Seventeen One Shots~ UPDATE! REQUEST OPENED!!!

Featuring Lee Chan/Dino & OC Choi HanMi.

Chan P.O.V

Like every day, I sat beside her and prayed for her to wake up soon. I can remember it as if it happened yesterday. When she blocked me from danger during our accident. I was supposed to be protecting her but it turned out the other way around… We were both involved in an accident 2 months ago and she saved me from the impact. However she had the most injuries and probably amnesia. I’ve been with her ever since I woke up and soon 2 months passed. Her condition was getting better but the doctor said there was only 30% chance of survival. I took the chance and waited for her to wake up so I can apologize.

I would always hold her hands and silently sob since I didn’t want to lose her. She lost her family at a young age and I didn’t want her to leave me just yet. We promised to stay with each other forever.

I sighed and stood up getting the cloth to wipe her limbs and body. When the doctor told me she would have amnesia if she wakes up, I was having a huge mental breakdown. Losing her was my last decision and her having amnesia is not helping at all. I wiped her limbs and helped her get changed into new clothes. I repeated like this for 2 whole months and always stayed by her side. My friends would come over and all but I just wish she would just wake up.

I finished wiping her and went to clean the dirty clothes. I left it with the janitor and walked back to HanMi’s ward. When I opened the door, I saw her sitting up and her confused face was on. I widen my eyes and rubbed it again to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. She looked at me and tilted her head. I ran over to her and took her in my embrace.

Me: Oh My God!! Thank the God you are ok!! I thought I would lose you… *sniff*

HanMi: Who are you…?

Oh no, my nightmare has come…

Me: It’s me, Lee Chan… Can’t you remember me…?

HanMi: *shakes head* Why am I here…? Who are you…? What happened…? Who am I…? *sobs*

I hugged her tighter and called for a doctor. They came rushing in and checked on her body. I waited outside and hoped that there was a chance to get her memories back. I sighed and soon my friends came to my side.

JeongHan: Yah!! Is it true she woke up?!

Me: *nods*

JiHoon: Her memories…?

Me: *shakes head* *sniff*

JiSoo: Hey, its alright… She’ll get her memories back…~ You can help her right…?

Me: I don’t know hyung… *sighs* I just… *groans*

JiSoo: Hey, easy… Just calm down first…

SeungCheol: Chan-ah, you still have us…~ We can help you *smiles*

JunHui: Yea~ Don’t worry~ *smiles*

HanSol: Chan, you can do it *smiles* *pats Chan’s back*

I lightly smiled and the doctor came out. We all stood up in sync and he walked towards me.

Doctor: It was surprising she suddenly waked up. Nothing is wrong with her but only her memories… There is a chance that it will come back but… *sighs* I don’t know when that will happen… *pats my shoulders* But I know you can make that happen *smiles*

I smiled back and went into her ward. She looked outside the window and I closed the door. She faced me and her eyes were puffy from crying. I immediately embraced her again and she cried onto my shirt. I her hair and patted her back.  She sobbed hard and I held back my tears. I had to bring her memories back…

HanMi: Who are you…? Who am I…? I can’t remember anything… *cries*

Me: Don’t worry… I’ll help you…

HanMi: Can you…? The doctor said it’s going to be hard… *sniff*

Me: Hey, listen, I can make that happen alright…? *lightly smiles*

I brought her in a wheel chair and went outside to get some fresh air. We both sat down and I handed her a glass of orange juice. She sipped it and I chuckled. She cocked her head and I eyed her the juice.

Me: You used to hate that drink *chuckles*

HanMi: I did…? *chuckles* *sighs* Can you tell me who I am…?

Me: Well, you’re Choi HanMi… 15 years old and you are a cheerful and happy girl *chuckles*

HanMi: Oh… What about my family…?

I couldn’t just tell her that her family died so I had to lie to her. I didn’t want her to have a mental breakdown right after she wake up so I had to tell her something else.

Me: I’m your brother Choi HanByul *smiles* our parents are in the States.

HanMi; Ooh~ *sighs* I can’t even remember my own brother… *chuckles*

Me: It’s alright… *lightly sighs*

HanMi: How long was I out…?

Me: 2 months *chuckles*

HanMi: No Way!!! *gasp*

Me: yes way~

We continued talking and suddenly my phone rang. I answered the call and it was SoonYoung hyung.

SoonYoung: Yah Chan-ah! How’s HanMi…?

Me: Oh my sister…? Yea she’s fine *smiles*

HanMi: *smiles*

SoonYoung: Dude, since when was HanMi your sister…?

Me: What do you mean…? Since she was born dummy~

SoonYoung: Are you having amnesia too…?!

Me: Geez hyung, enough with the jokes *chuckles* I gotta go~ It’s HanMi’s medicine time~

I hung up quickly and smiled at HanMi. I have to explain everything to them soon or they’ll come to the hospital and check on me. While getting the medicine, I texted SoonYoung everything and sent it to him. I gave the medicine to HanMi and planned to bring her to the places that we had dates on before everything happened. Hopefully she’ll regain her memories back.

The next day, the doctor said she could discharge and I brought her back to her house. I saw a luggage in the living room and knew it was the hyungs. I mentally thanked them and HanMi cocked her head.

Me: Oh~ The luggage was because my friends all bought me new shirts and I don’t know where to put them so I stuffed them in the luggage *smiles*

End of Chan P.O.V

HanMi P.O.V

I nodded at my brother and he brought me to my room. My room was filled with pink stuff and even a whole lot of pictures with my brother. I cocked my head at him and he looked as if he panicked. I chuckled and went to take a look at the pictures. We went to a lot of places and I signalled him to come to me.

Me: Oppa, did we go there…?

Chan: yea we did~ *chuckles* Wanna go there again…?

Me: YES~!

He ruffled my hair and nodded. I was excited and hugged him. When I hugged him, there was a familiar feeling. I couldn’t remember what it was but it just felt so right. When he hugged back, the feeling was stronger. I broke the hug due to the sudden feeling and he just stared at me. I shook my head and lightly smiled. He went out and left me alone in my room. I sat on my bed and looked at my room. I decided to take a shower and take a small nap. I showered and changed into some sweatpants and shirt and went to sleep.

In Dream

I was sitting in a car beside my brother and he was singing to some songs and we were currently on our way to somewhere. The taxi driver was talking on the phone loudly and my brother was having a nice time singing to me. I chuckled and hit his chest. Suddenly the car was out of control and HanByul held tight on me. The taxi driver was not even driving anymore. I looked up front and saw that we were going to hit another car and I broke free from HanByul to protect him. We crashed and…

I woke up and was sweating cold sweat. Was that the accident that happened…? I looked at the time and it was already 7:30pm. I went out to the living room shivering from the dream I had. I saw HanByul with 2 other guys sitting on the couch talking. One of them saw me and smiled. The other 2 faced me and HanByul saw my concerned face. He stood up and came to me hugging me. The feeling was there again. I lightly pushed him off and he had a worried face on him.

Chan: Yah, what’s wrong…? You’re so pale…!

Me: I had a nightmare… I think it was our accident…

Chan: *gulps* Really…? How are you feeling now…?

Me: Better, but still shocked… *sighs* And who are these…?

Chan: Oh… This is SeokMin hyung and that is JiSoo hyung… They are my friends…

They 2 boys smiled at me and I smiled back. We sat down together and had dinner. I learnt that they knew each other in school and currently study in the same school. I nodded and ahhed. They left and my brother told me to go sleep some more. I walked to my room and sat on my bed again. I went to take a look at the Polaroid pictures and suddenly my head ached.

Figures of HanByul and I outside were played in my head and it hurt so much. I held onto my head and felt really dizzy. The figures were getting stronger and stronger and I lost my balance resulting knocking down some framed pictures. I looked at them and my head hurt more. HanByul barged into my room and when I saw his shadow, I just out.

End of HanMi P.O.V

Chan P.O.V

I saw HanMi pass out on the floor and immediately ran to her. I helped her onto her bed and called for JeongHan hyung and SeungCheol hyung to come over quick. They came over and saw HanMi in her sleep. I was holding onto her hand praying for her to be alright and JeongHan hyung called for a doctor. He came and checked on HanMi.

Doctor: She’s alright, just that her memories were making her head ache. It’s quite a surprise she’s recovering soon *smiles* I’ll get going now… She’ll wake up tomorrow and when she does, give her the medicines *smiles*

He walked out and the 2 hyungs patted my back. I lightly smiled and they went back home. I stayed with HanMi and slept holding her hands.

The next day, I woke up and saw HanMi groaning while rubbing her head. She saw me and I held her shoulders.

Me: Yah, Kwenchana…? You passed out yesterday…

HanMi: I’m fine… HanByul Oppa, can you bring me to that place…? *points at picture*

Me: You mean HanGang…? Sure I will… But for today, you rest…

HanMi: No! I can’t… I need to go there as soon as possible… please… it’s the only way I can regain my memories…

Me: Ok… Wear something warm then… *sighs*

She changed into a shirt and cardigan and some tights. We walked to HanGang together and she was looking around. I sighed and patted her back. She smiled and nodded. We reached the place and I took her to the spot when we had our first date. We both sat down and looked at the view. Just as beautiful as we first came here together. HanMi looked around and when she saw the ice-cream stall, she squinted her eyes and suddenly groaned holding her head. I panicked and helped her by hugging her. She looked at me and grunted. A tear left my eye and she started to nosebleed. I wiped it off and she smiled. I could hear her whisper something. I bent down and she breathed the words into my ears.

HanMi: Lee… Chan…

She passed out and I kissed her lips. I called for help but no one answered. I called for SeungCheol hyung panicking and he came to the spot with JiSoo hyung and SeokMin hyung. We brought HanMi to the hospital again and the doctors gave her a thorough checking for any internal injuries due to the pressure. I waited outside and started to cry. If anything were to happen to her I don’t know what to do. SeokMin hyung patted my back and JiSoo comforted me. SeungCheol hyung was talking on the phone with SoonYoung hyung about her condition and the doctor came out. I stood up and went to him immediately.

Me: How is she…?

Doctor: The pressure was too much so she passed out. Luckily there was no internal damage to the brain or nerves. She’ll probably wake up soon so don’t worry *smiles*

The doctor walked away and I quickly ran into her ward. She was laying on the bed sleeping and I went to her side. The 3 hyungs watched from behind and I held onto her hands crying. I kissed her hands and cried again in relief. Her fingers moved and I was shocked to see her weakly opening her eyes.

HanMi: *weakly* Chan… Is that you…?

Me: *gasp* HanMi-ah!!! OMG God bless you’re ok!! I was so worried *sniff*

HanMi: *breathes* You know… I’ll never lea-leave you… *cough* right… I Love You…

Me: You’re memories are back…?!

HanMi: *weakly nods* *cough*

The doctor came in and checked on her again. They said it was a miracle that she regained her memories in a short period of time. I thanked god and was relieved that she was ok. 

The End~