Chapter 3

New is Nice

(Prepapre for the Chomi interaction later~~ ^^ )

--

Since today is the third and last day of the tryouts, the people who came to the tryout will be separated into different teams and they will play against each other in three sets. While they are playing, the coaches and ofcourse our very own CAPTAIN, Park Chorong will be watching and will judge on who will be accepted to join the varsity of UDH.

 

"Everyone please listen to what i'm about to say because this is what you will do today in the last day of tryouts" He explained everything to them (including Yoon Bomi ofcourse). Since all in all they are 24, which will be divided to 4 teams of six people in it. The mechanics is that A will be against B and C will be against D and whoever wins will have a match again to know whose team is the number one. Each set is up to 15 only but if one team already won two sets they already win and there's no need to have set 3.

 

"We will judge you on your individual skills, not just because your team won. Whoever played good will be in the team even if she was in the losing team" With that he told them which team they will fit in because every player had a different position. Bomi is in team B, which is actually a average team, not the best but also not the least skilled people.

 

"The first match will be team A against team B! get ready into your positions" Everyone was getting ready in their own places while Bomi is still not moving because she is still looking at Park Chorong, still not getting over the fact that she just confessed her admiration for "Chorong" to the frisbee girl a.k.a Chorong herself.

 

"Wait. Why is there only 5 people in Team B. Where is Yoon Bomi?" The coaching team actually knows who Yoon Bomi is because she was the captain of a very good team in the other side of South Korea. They were looking forward to watching her play since she was awarded as the best player last year.

 

The coaches and the other players were looking for Yoon Bomi and they found her looking straight at Chorong with her mouth slightly agape. When Chorong turned, she saw Bomi looking at her after noticing that, she smiled at Bomi. Still not noticing that her crush was looking at her, she was shocked to see the girl she was looking at, smiled at her. She immediately turned her face trying to not look at Chorong again to avoid more embarrasment she could. She doesn't even know that she was embarrasing herself right now until someone yelled her name.

 

"YAH YOON BOMI! Get in the court now you pabo! Just stare at Chorong unnie later after your game is done hahaha!" Bomi turned her face to see that Eunji was the one who shouted at her and noted in her mind to kill her later. Still embarrased for the teasing she got from Eunji, she walked to the court fast that resulted to almost stumbling but she just ignored it. She went to her position and soon the referee in their court started the game. Yoon Bomi started her first game ever in UDH (even if she's only in the tryout) with one question in her mind.

 

'Why do I feel like I have to play good to impress Park Chorong?'

--

Chorong Pov

This kid is seriously interesting. One, we bumped not just once but twice, I mean are we really that clumsy? hahaha. Two, This cutie always stares at me cutely and did I forget she looks cute? hahaha. Three, she was talking about me not knowing that I'm the one she was talking about, which is kinda fun because I would know what people think of me. Four, I can't forget the look in her face a while ago when I introduced myself as Park Chorong HAHAHA.

 

Right now the game is starting. It was against team A and team B, which is Bomi's team right now. I don't know why but i'm kinda expecting her to show great skills and hopefully pass the tryout. She is the most interesting person I have met so far this year and knowing that she's gonna be my roommate even made me more excited in this school year.

 

"Chorong, you should watch this Yoon Bomi kid she is actually gonna be accepted easily in this team. She was the captain of the volleyball team in another province here in South Korea and they really win a lot" I felt this unknown happiness inside me, which I don't where it came from. I just gave coach a nod and started to focus at watching the game (and ofcourse Yoon Bomi hihi).

 

Team A is leading already by 10 to 3 but when they spiked the ball outside their momentum of points was stopped surely because this Bomi kid is now in the front row. Team B served the ball and team A received the ball, set it and spiked it but not really that hard so the team B received it properly and the setter set it to Bomi. Bomi spiked it with a full swing and it resulted to a really hard spike, even though the receiver was in the right place to get it, she still can't receive the ball properly because it was too strong. Everyone including me was really surprised to see Bomi to do that since Bomi was shy and really clumsy a while ago and now, she's really different when she plays volleyball. Now I saw another personality from this kid which is an another interesting trait, good at volleyball.

--

No one's Pov

After that spike of Yoon Bomi she didn't even let the other team score and the final score was 15-10. In the next set, they also won so no need for set 3. When it was their time to go against team C, who won over team D. The game was actually a good one, the first set was won by team C but the following set was won by team B because of the powerful hits of Yoon Bomi. Soon enough the game was finished and it was time to say who passed the tryouts and who were the people who got chose by the coaches and Park Chorong. 

 

"First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming to the tryouts. Unfortunately, only 5 out of 24 people passed our expectations and those people are: Choi Sulli, Lee Hyeri, Jung Soojung, Park Jiyeon and ofcourse the best player of today, Yoon Bomi. Sorry for all those who didn't pass, you can try again in next year's tryouts. Okay? Dismissed. But for the people who passed, stay so you can meet your teammates and get to know them. The coaches including me will go ahead. Chorong, take charge" With that, the tryouts were done. Everyone already left except the members of the varsity team.

--

Bomi's Pov

Wow! I knew I can do it! Hahaha i'm really too full of myself. I just need to thank Eunji for introducing me to this fudging great sport when we were just kids. Oh wait! I forgot! I still need to kill that Jung Eunji for teasing me a while ago infront of everyone and ofcourse my crush. Okay I admit it, I have a crush on her. I mean who wouldn't have her as a crush, she's pretty and she's also the captain of the volleyball team, which I bet she's so good at. I really don't know what to do since she's my fudging roommate. I mean I should feel lucky right? Because every people that would know that would probably tell me that i'm lucky but the truth is that im really nervous. Should I just--

 

"Yo Bomi unnie! Good job back at the tryouts" I saw Hayoung walking towards me with Namjoo, Naeun and that Eunji. I saw that the people were already going out of the gym. Is it time to go now? Stupid me for not listening to the coach while she was talking.

 

"Bomi unnie you still have your groove in playing volleyball" Namjoo said to me.

 

"I didn't know you were that good Bomi unnie you were so good" Naeun complimented me too.

 

"Thank you guys! That tiring tryout actually paid off hahaha" I told them my thank you and smiled at them. I was trying to find som--

 

"Bomi-ah! You can now continue looking at Chorong unnie hahaha!" I saw Eunji and the others laughing at me again and I can also feel my cheeks heat up when I remembered her face when she smiled at me again. Then I remembered what Eunji said earlier that made me feel more embarrassed. 

 

"Yah Jung Eun--" I was about to do a headlock to that pabo when I heard a voice that really sound so cute. That's when I realized that Chorong was starting to speak. I looked at Eunji and she did a merong at me and I just gave her a you're-dead-later look. We huddled up to Chorong and sat at the floor while she is standing up.

 

"Okay guys! Congratulations on making it in the team you definitely did great a while ago Sulli, Hyeri, Krystal, Jiyeon and especially you ms. Yoon Bomi. You guys impressed me a while ago with all the skills you showed" I felt a nudge in my side and when I looked at who did that, I saw Eunji and she smiled at me teasingly. I just glared at her.

 

"Now its introduction time for everyone" She said and everyone in the team last year stood up and started introducing themselves to us, the new members. When they were done it was time for us to introduce ourselves. Sulli to Krystal to Hyeri to Jiyeon and now its my turn.

 

"Hi guys i'm Yoon Bomi, a freshman and a new student in this school. I hope you would take care of me" I introduced myself and after that I bowed 90 degrees. I was the last one to introduce so Chorong spoke again.

 

"Now its my time to introduce myself again" She looked at me when she said that and smiled. I could get used to see her smile everyday. Oh my fridging cupcakes, why do I sound like a cheesy person -__- but I thought of it that if its Chorong it's an exception. I felt my cheeks blushed (a lot) when I saw her look at me and smiled but even if I want to avoid her look at me, I just can't it seems like there's a magnet in her face that keeps attracting me. Thank god she stopped when she looked at everyone again because I think my heart can't take it, it might burst from beating to fast.

 

"I am Park Chorong and I am the captain of this team but i'm just a sophomore but since I have irregular schedule, I might have some of my classes with you guys. Last year there were no juniors in this team only seniors but all of them already graduated and made me the captain this year. I hope all of you will follow me as your leader and for me as a leader will do my best for this team. Okay?"

 

"Yes Captain!" Everyone answered loudly which made her smiled. Should I always talk to her loud so that I can always see her smile? hahaha.

 

"Great then. We have practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and sometimes it depends whether we have a game or not but for now we can just stick to this schedule since its just the start of the school year. You should always attend practice but if you really can't contact me okay? Because if you don't there's a punishment and that is treating the team to a team dinner. So I hope someone will not attend okay? hahaha but just kidding ofcourse" 

 

She smiled at us again with her oh so amazingly awesome smile. She started saying all of the rules and I didn't even get to listen to her but I blame her pretty face for that. It really distracts me when she smiles or just talk. I really don't know why this is happening to me because this is the first time this happened to me. 

 

"Before I forget, everyone can call me Chorong unnie since I know that all of you are all younger than me by a year or more okay? Remember always respect everyone and before I dismiss you guys, I need to inform you about the team building or bonding outing we're going to have this coming friday until sunday " I heard everyone cheered at the news of it.

 

"You should be excited Bomi, volleyball team bonding is always the best part" Eunji told me and then I just gave her nod because I really have no idea on what we will do because in my old school team we only do the team building in the school.

 

"It's gonna be in a resort my parents own so you better bring your swimwear and its gonna fun. What I mean fun is REALLY fun since I already planned everything and no coaches will be there so its a girls night out" She gave us this creepy smile but i didn't care at all as long as its her smile its fine.

 

"Unnie what are we gonna do there? and stop the creepy smile" Naeun whined at Chorong unnie wanting to know what we will do there.

 

"Don't worry Naeunnie~ Unnie planned everything for all of us already and its a secret for now and a surprise for friday onwards"  I heard a lot of whines coming from the members and the only thing me and the other new members is just smile at how the others are acting really childish at what Chorong unnie said.

 

"That's all for today or should I say tonight? Hahaha you guys are now dismissed. You guys should rest because tomorrow we will have our very first proper training. Okay?" Everyone was about to standup to fix their things when she told us something again.

 

"Wait I forgot lets play a game first so the loser can be the one who will put all the balls in the basket" When she said that everyone groaned even me, who would want to pick like 20 something balls and put it in the basket after a super tiring day. We played the game for 5 minutes.

 

Did I really just eat something that made me unlucky. How can I lose to that Jung Eunji? I really should not forget to kill that busan girl. She even embarrassed me infront of Chorong unnie. I was about to pull the basket with me to the balls when I felt a hand in my shoulders.

 

"AHHH CHORONG!" I screamed and when I looked at my back and saw Chorong unnie looking at me while laughing, even though I should feel bad at being made fun of, I felt happy hearing her laugh. Oh shoot! Did I just say Chorong? I'm so doomed TT

 

"I-im so sorry Chorong unnie" I apologized to her.

 

"No no its okay its okay its just that I didn't know you were thinking of me while picking up the balls HAHAHA oh wait sorry for laughing hahaha"

 

"I-i i-ts-" Ship! I can't even say something to her. What am I supposed to tell her? That I was really thinking about her when I screamed her name a few moments ago?

 

"Its okay Bbom-ah, wait can I call you that? I mean we should atleast have nicknames to be close since we're gonna be roommates right?" I looked at her and nodded my head so she would know that I agreed. I know that I should really stop stuttering in front of her since we are gonna have the asme room anyway. So with all of the confidence I have right now I have to talk to her without stuttering.

 

"Its fine for me unnie" Well congrats to me Yoon Bomi!

 

"Well okay hahaha in exchange you can call me something you like but don't forget unnie okay? hahaha" What should I call her? Should I call her Baby or Honey something? Goosh why do I have to be so lame? Wait! I know I know! I should call her Rongie unnie! Yes that's right.

 

"So should I start calling you Rongie unnie?" She smiled at me and put her index finger in her chin, acting like she's thinking.

 

"Rongie? Huh? Okay then! You be my Bbom-ah and I'll be your Rongie unnie! Sounds cool?" I can't help but blush to the thought that she will be mine and I will be hers. Stop it Yoon Bomi.

 

"Yeah unnie its awesome hahaha" I just realized that we were the only ones left in the gym.

 

"So MY Rongie unnie, why are you still here?" Hahaha from now on I will be more confident towards my crush hihi since its part of getting close to her. I saw her giggled cutely at what I said.

 

"Well you see MY Bbom-ah, I'm here to help you" She told me and winked at me. There it is again the blush that I really can't help. I just tried to ignore it so that she won't notice it.

 

"You don't actually need to help me MY Rongie unnie just rest~" I said with my aegyo voice hahaha I just thought that maybe I should with my aegyo since everyone said its cute except my friends hahaha.

 

"But YOUR Rongie unnie really wants to hangout with her new roommate, MY Bbom-ah~~" I heard Rongie unnie said in her oh so cute cutesy voice which I really really really love. Oh my tasty bacon, it's really cute I might not stop myself on pinching her cheeks. To my dismay, I really can't stop it and without me knowing it I already pinched her cheeks softly. Gosh her cheeks are soft. I might die from too much happiness that I might not take it too well. And when I saw her pout, I stopped pinching her.

 

"MY Rongie unnie should really stop being cute because the cute babies might lose their job on being cute because of MY cute Rongie unnie and she should just be resting" I said to her in my normal voice because my aegyo feels like a screeching tire if you compare it to hers. I saw her smile at me but was stopped when I said the last part.

 

"Waeeeeyo? I will help you MY Bbom-ah. If you want me to or not. MY Bbom-ah should obey the captain right? Or did you not listen a while ago to YOUR Rongie unnie?" She pouted at me again with her so cute face. Still not forgetting to emphasize the possessive words.

 

"Aniyooo~ because I was really busy staring at MY pretty Rongie unnie but alright! If MY Rongie unnie wants to help HER Bbom-ah, I should just let her right?" Rongie unnie just nodded her head cutely. Then we started putting the balls into the basket. After collecting all the balls and putting it into the basket, we got our bags.

 

I didn't even know how I got this comfortable with Rongie unnie but i'm really thankful that i'm not awkward with her anymore. It's just that there's something with her that will really make you feel comfortable. Rongie unnie~~ How can you make me feel this way for you? Sooner or later, I know this feelings I have for you will turn into love. Will you reciprocate it and love me too?

 

 

Author's Note:

HEEEEY GUYS! I updated so late (I think). So i'm sorry I was just trying to find what will happen to the story of chomi. I didn't even know that I would write a bit of fluff in the ending (haha for me I think its a fluff), it c=just came out of my mind when I was writing this. Is this story interesting to you? Please answer me HAHAHA I need to know. Hahaha I hope it is because it would really mean a lot to me and give me the strength to uodate lol. I wish there would be more chomi moments in the future~~~

 

AUTHOR OUT!