Impromptu Charms

The Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Impromptu Charms

2.7 K

Wizard!AU, Romance, Fluff

Kyungsoo’s an uptight sorcerer that another magician keeps bothering.

-

“Here, these are for you,” a man dressed in a tank top with ripped jeans says as he pulls a bouquet of roses from behind his back. He’d been trying to get the smaller man’s attention for the past minute; so in a fury of urgency, he steps in front of the sorcerer who looks like he’s struggling as he carries five books that all look equally thick and heavy.

Kyungsoo stops as a sweet aroma of flowers and a body that presses against the books he’s carrying halts him. Kyungsoo looks up past his tower of novels while he struggles to push up his round glasses. His raven hair reaching past his eyebrows obscures his vision as he sends the taller a glare resembling a small pup.

The taller beams when he’s finally got the smaller's attention. He leans into Kyungsoo’s face as he snickers, “learned a new spell.”

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes while he gives a monotonous response, “I see.”

Jongin nudges them towards Kyungsoo as he crouches to meet the smaller at eye level. Kyungsoo tries to move around Jongin. He’s stressed carry these books, and this boy isn't making the situation any better, “Jongin… move…”

The taller pouts but he moves aside as Kyungsoo walks past him holding on the books for dear life. He needs to get back to his study room fast before he drops these books. He’s learning a new spell to manipulate earth, but he needs all these books for research.

Kyungsoo trots along when he exits the corridor he was and reaches the gardens. The flowers pink, yellow, and purple dazzle in the sunlight provided by the burning ball of fire of the sun, but the raven faired boy pays no mind. Neither does Jongin, Kyungsoo guesses, as he hears footsteps following closely behind him.

“Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo wait up!”

Kyungsoo continues to ignore him while he makes it to a large wooden door. He kicks a few times, he never leaves his study room locked so it’s easy for moments like this. The door pushes back while Kyungsoo shuffles in. He hears Jongin following right behind him, “So Kyungsoo, I was thinking we could go take a stroll down the lake, you know it’s been awhile since we’ve had a date.”

Kyungsoo grumbles as he carefully takes the first step up his spiraling staircase that leads up to his study room. Jongin keeps pace behind him while he yaps about their dating plans. He shakes his head when he finally reaches his study room. It’s located at the top of his tower so that the magic spells he casts won’t seep into the ground. It’s safer this way as the boy hauls the books over to his table. He sets them down while Jongin takes a seat in one of two chairs Kyungsoo has in this room.

Jongin sways his feet back and forth watching as Kyungsoo looks around for his necessary potions and ingredients he needs. Kyungsoo stops when he grabs the jar of pickled frog legs, he turns around looking at Jongin, “Don’t you have somewhere to be?”

Jongin, who's focused on the way the pale boy’s blush lips move, startles a bit. He scratches back of his head giving Kyungsoo a sheepish smile, “Not really, all of today’s classes are over.”

Kyungsoo sighs, “Of course they are, wait where are your robes? You know it’s against the rules to not be in proper dress.”

Jongin shrugs, “I’m not really fond of cheap wizard robes when I can just dress causal and still cast magic.”

Kyungsoo snorts, “Of course, that’s why you’ll be stuck at level one spell making bouquets of flowers and pulling sad animals out of your hat.”

He turns around shaking his head. Jongin is gifted at spell casting, but it confuses the smaller why Jongin resorts to lesser spells, some that look to gimmicky and tacky. Kyungsoo being a level eight, which he worked hard for, in wizard academy where sorcerers are trained through twelve levels of magic, should be looking down on the lowly level four wizard. He grabs some purified water and pours a few ounces into his small cauldron to prepare his spell.

What he doesn’t hear though is Jongin creeping up behind him seeing what Kyungsoo’s doing. He smirks when he hears Kyungsoo muttering to himself in low volumes while he spreads open the books one by one. It always fascinates Jongin how dedicated Kyungsoo was to learning magic, something he wishes he had, but alas Jongin would rather have fun with it than providing any usefulness for it.

Kyungsoo sprinkles a little fairy powder into the cauldron while he grabs for some elven elixir. He’s ready to pour it in the cauldron when a pair of arms wraps around his waist and a head props itself on his shoulders.

“What are you doing?” Jongin asks in his deep voice looking down as Kyungsoo’s nearly spills the whole elixir in the cauldron. Kyungsoo shivers while he’s being held, “Making a potion, and please Jongin I’m working… so s-stop.”

Jongin smirks while his hold tightens around Kyungsoo’s waist, “What kind of potion, a love potion?”

Kyungsoo snorts as he flickers on his burner, “No, let me go.”

The taller pouts, “Kyungie, I don’t wanna, you’re cozy!”

Kyungsoo grabs for his stirring spoon. He flips to the next page trying to disregard Jongin holding him. Admittedly, Kyungsoo isn’t too bothered by his boyfriend’s clinginess, but he isn’t going to voice that. Plus, they usually reserve space for one another while one is working, so it’s odd to Kyungsoo why Jongin is bothering him now.

He sighs again letting the mixture in the cauldron sit while it heats up. Kyungsoo turns his head up to the taller smiles muttering, “Why are you being like this?”

Jongin nuzzles his head into Kyungsoo's neck making the smaller squirm from the affection, “I just like you Kyungie and I wanna spend time with my boyfriend.”

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows, “When aren’t you spending time with me? We always together, but right now I have stuff to do and we promised we’d give each other space for that.”

Jongin grimaces, he knows Kyungsoo’s right, but he really wants to spend time with Kyungsoo. He slowly loosens his hold on Kyungsoo, but as he does he corne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter