Honey Dew: Part 2

The Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honey Dew: Part 2

3.7 K

Fluff, Elf Prince!Kyungsoo, Bear Hybrid!Jongin

Kyungsoo’s an elf prince and when he wanders a bit too far from home he finds a woodland hybrid he’s never seen before.

-

Kyungsoo wakes up to slurping noises coming from the kitchen. He rubs his eyes from sleep and sits up. The blanket pools around his waist as he looks around. The noise is loud. Kyungsoo tosses his legs over the edge and his bare feet land on the tiled flooring. The fire has died out as light from the sun shines through the windows. Kyungsoo stands up running a hand through his mangy raven hair, the metal wreath still planted there.

The prince looks around the corner before spotting Jongin sitting at the table, his back facing him. The elf prince quietly taps on Jongin’s shoulder, “Morning.”

Jongin gives a girly shriek and jumps a few feet in the air. Kyungsoo’s startled at first but he laughs at the bear hybrid’s reaction. The bear hybrid turns around looking at Kyungsoo, he pouts, “Kyungsoo… don’t scare me.”

Jongin’s voice comes out muffled when Kyungsoo realizes the bear hybrid has his fingers in his mouth. Kyungsoo also sees a jar of golden liquid dripping from the top and off Jongin’s face. Kyungsoo smiles, “You seem to have a sweet tooth Jongin.”

Kyungsoo wanders around the kitchen to sit the chair positioned to the opposite side of Jongin. The bear hybrid pouts speaking again with another honey-dipped hand he on, “Only… for honey.”

The prince watches Jongin eating globs of honey by the handful, if either one of his teachers saw the bear hybrid they’d faint. Clearly, the bear hybrid has no table manners. Kyungsoo blinks until his attention is caught elsewhere; the window outside is full of noises the prince can’t quite make sense of. He gets up peering through Jongin’s small round window. Kyungsoo squints his eyes when he sees the bushes rustling in the distance.

The bear hybrid watches as honey drips down his fingers seeing Kyungsoo looking through the window. He looks concentrated, “W-What… are you… looking at?”

Kyungsoo turns his head seeing the bear hybrid gazing at him with curious eyes. He smiles, “I thought I saw something, but it’s was nothing I guess.”

The elf takes one last quick glance at the window before sitting back on the table, “So what’s for breakfast?”

Jongin hums as his hand is engulfed in his mouth, golden drops dripping down his chin to his fur coat. He thinks for a moment, “Oh, I can make you some more berries unless there’s something else you want?”

Kyungsoo smiles; Jongin seems genuine when he says berries like that. That and honey is probably all the bear hybrid survives off of. He chuckles a bit before nodding his head. Jongin’s eyes light up and he returns the smile with his own. Kyungsoo chuckles, but softens when he notices the red marks marring the bear’s tanned face, “Do… Do those hurt?”

Jongin scoops out another glob of honey, “What hurts?”

The prince points to the marks across Jongin’s face, “Those… D-Do those bee stings hurt?”

Jongin looks at him while he slurps up another handful of honey, “Sometimes… but I’m used to it.”

“Uh, Jongin…”

“Hmmm?” Jongin looks at the prince while he any traces of honey at the corners of his mouth. Kyungsoo rubs the back of his neck, “Where-where did you get that honey?”

The bear hybrid thinks for a second, scratching his head as drops get tangled in his hair, “Uh, oh right… I have a secret stash in case of emergencies, spring’s almost over and I need to collect as much honey as I can.”

The prince nods his head. Summer is drawing nearer. Jongin dips another hand in the jar, before his face widens. His arm moves around in the jar feeling nothing. He gasps, “I’m out!?”

The elf meekly smiles at Jongin’s panicked expression. Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows, and he stands up to get a closer look. Yup, the jar is empty and the bear hybrid sighs, “Great now I have to go look for more.”

Jongin pushes the jar further away from him as he crosses his arms. He’s grumpy and still wants more honey. Kyungsoo pats his back, “It’s okay Jongin.”

The bear’s lower lip protrudes out, wobbling a bit, “No its not, I have to go and find more. I’ll probably get more stings from those meanie bees.”

Kyungsoo giggles a bit softly rubbing Jongin’s shoulder, “I thought you said you were used to the bee stings?”

The bear hybrid sighs, “Okay, okay they may hurt a little from time to time.”

Kyungsoo looks at the red stings marring Jongin’s face. The least he could do is help the bear hybrid. So he pats Jongin’s shoulder, “Here, I’ll help. Don’t move.”

Jongin glances up at Kyungsoo, “Wha-“

The prince gently crouches down at eye level with Jongin. Most of the lessons Kyungsoo learns are only for frivolous charms and spells. Jongin doesn’t seem to mind though when dainty fingers gently run across his face. The fingers glide over the bee stings making Jongin hiss in pain. Eyes trained on the red marks, Kyungsoo carefully moves his finger’s across Jongin’s face. Jongin winces each time the boy’s fingers touch the stings, “K-Kyungsoo-Ouch! What are you doing!? Ouch!”

Kyungsoo chuckles a bit when Jongin flinches again, “Keep still, I’m trying to heal them.”

“Ouch! By poking them, that-Ouch hurts!”

Jongin wants to move away but Kyungsoo’s hands grab the sides of the hybrid’s face. He gives Jongin’s face a gently squeeze mushing the bear hybrid’s cheeks together. Jongin pouts, “You’re trying to torture me aren’t you.”

Kyungsoo giggles a bit watching some honey ooze off the hybrid’s chin; he looks like a three year old. The prince smiles, “Don’t worry, Yixing taught me. He’s good with medical spells. Here watch.”

Jongin’s bottom lip sticks out waiting, but braces himself for whatever pain the elf prince might inflict on him. Kyungsoo leans in squeezing his lips into a kiss. The bear hybrid sees the prince’s lips move closer to his face and his brown cheeks turn a shade of pink while he tenses up, “W-What are you doing!?”

Jongin closes his eyes hard when a pair of plush lips pecks the red marks on his face. A few pecks on his forehead are placed chastely on the hybrid’s cheeks. Kyungsoo makes sure he gets all the marks before moving his face away. Soon, the red marks begin to fade along the bear hybrid’s face making the prince smile, “See, all better.”

The hybrid prods one eye open seeing the elf prince smiling at him. He gasps a bit seeing Kyungsoo’s smile that resembles a heart while his eye’s crinkle into crescents. Jongin’s in a daze trying to say anything, but his words come out jumbled, “Did… what do?”

Kyungsoo giggles a bit, “Yixing taught me if you kiss the area where it hurts, it will get better. It’s a very basic healing spell that works on small injuries.”

Jongin merely nods while Kyungsoo slides his hands out from the sides of the bear hybrid’s face. He smiles at Jongin as he dabs his finger in the jar that drips a few droplets at the rim. He gives it a small taste, “Yummy.”

A knocking stirs both of the boy’s attention though. It’s coming from front door, and Jongin jumps a bit. He turns his head in question, usually all the forest hybrids leave him be. Kyungsoo looks at the doorway; he feels a chill run up his arms… it can’t be them.

Jongin wipes his hands on his brown trousers before quietly walking over to the door way. He carefully pulls on the knob as the door creaks open. He pops his head out while his ear’s perk at the person or persons at his doorway.

Two strangers look eyes wide at the bear hybrid while the other behind them looks unamused. The one on the right has blond hair and looks to be the elf prince’s height while his eyes have traces of dark makeup around the corners. The taller of the three stands in the back with his arms crossed, his hair is black while a stoic expression adorns his pallid face. The other in front has a gentle expression, and he seems like the most mature one of the three, but he fidgets when he sees Jongin, “Uh hello sir, how are you today?”

Jongin isn’t really much of a people/hybrid person. Bear hybrids are usually unsocial creatures so all Jongin can do is give the three a small smile. The man straightens himself messing with the bottom hem of his white button up, “My name’s Joonmyun and we’re here l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter