My Ghost Boy Kyungsoo

The Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Ghost Boy Kyungsoo

4 K

Fluff, Ghost!Kyungsoo, Mild Violence

Jongin isn’t quite sure how Kyungsoo began following him around because one day the ghost just appeared and now he’s stuck with him.

-

“Hi, uh what’s your name?” Kim Jongin nearly faints as a pair of translucent eyes smile at him. He must be dreaming right, this is a joke… right? Jongin pinches himself on the cheek hard, “ouch,” nope he’s very much awake. The boy giggles as he looks the 20 year rubbing his cheek, “you’re funny.”

That was the first time he met the ghost boy named Kyungsoo. He isn’t quite sure how Kyungsoo begin to follow him around where ever he went because one day the ghost just appeared. It’s been like that for the few years since he’s gotten to know Kyungsoo.

“Hey, Jongin…”

Jongin moans, shifting a bit in bed.

“Jongin… wake up…”

“Go away mom, five more minutes,” Jongin says as he moves again. Kyungsoo pouts but soon a plan is hatching in his transparent head. He leans down a bit till he’s next to Jongin ear.

“Wake up!”

Jongin jumps hearing Kyungsoo shouting in his ear. He tries to move away but ends up rolling off the bed instead. Kyungsoo peeks over the side of the boy’s bed, “Good you’re awake. See I told you I’d make a better alarm clock.”

Jongin groans in pain because the floor hurts while he looks up at Kyungsoo. The pain on his cheek finally subsides as Jongin looks at the boy again. Jongin’s sure the ghost can’t be older than twelve. His doll like appearance, his big expressive eyes, plump pink lips, and pale skin make Jongin think he’s almost… cute? Jongin shakes his head immediately at the thought.

Jongin sits up rubbing his eyes; it must still be early because his alarm hasn’t even come on. He looks over to his window, and yup it’s still dark but the sky outside looks a little illuminated. Jongin gazes back over to the boy, “What did I say about scaring me while I’m sleeping?”

Kyungsoo stops floating the air putting his hand under his chin in a thinking manner, “Hmmm…. Don’t remember.”

The boy rolls his eyes, figures.

Jongin yawns and stretches a bit before he’s sitting on the side of his bed; school’s starting soon anyways so he might as well get ready. So, Jongin stands up as he walks over to his dresser. He runs a hand through his brown hair, running it through his tangles.

“Uh, what are you doing?” Kyungsoo questions when Jongin slides off his t-shirt. Jongin looks over his shoulder at the boy, is he blushing? It isn’t as pronounced as Jongin’s checks until he notices a light pink color dusted on Kyungsoo’s face.

“I have to get ready for school, so uh… can you give me some privacy?”

Kyungsoo nods his head quickly, “Oh right, um… yeah okay uh!”

The ghost flies around while Jongin shimmies out of his boxers. Jongin hears the boy shriek before he flies into a wall vanishing into it. Jongin chuckles while he pulls out some fresh clothes to get ready for the day.

Jongin walks into the kitchen to prepare a bowl of cereal, his mother looks up at him, “Good morning Jongin, you’re up early.”

He shakes himself trying to wake up as he grabs a box of cereal and some milk. He sits down pouring the milk into the bowl, but when he does Kyungsoo pokes his head out from the table. Jongin jumps while the milk pours on to the table and the floor.

“Jongin, what’s wrong?” Jongin’s mother asks as she too jumps while she grabs her plate and walks over the sink to wash.

“Uh,” Jongin mumbles while Kyungsoo giggles at him, “I scared you again.”

“Mom, uh tell me… Do you see a boy in here with his head sticking out of the table,” Jongin questions as he points to the center of the table. His mother looks perplexed as she sees nothing, “No honey, why? Are you feeling okay?”

Jongin’s mother reaches over to feel her son’s forehead, he doesn’t feel hot. Jongin shrugs her arm off, “No, mom I’m serious. Do you see him or not?”

“Jongin, there’s no one there like I always says. Look, if you want to take the day off I can let you, but faking you’re seeing a boy is nonsense!”

It continues to baffle the boy how he’s the only one that can see Kyungsoo. The ghost turns around looking at Jongin, his eyes crinkling as he smiles, “Jongin looks like she can’t see me today either.”

“No ,” Jongin answers.

“Jongin, watch your tongue. I won’t tolerate cussing in this house!”

“Sorry.”

“Yeah, Jongin no cursing,” Kyungsoo laughs as he floats out from the table and around the kitchen. Jongin grumbles as he takes a bite of his cereal.

Jongin keeps he arms crossed muttering fowl words as he hears Kyungsoo following him. He dares a peek behind him and dammit he’s right. Kyungsoo floats along in the air, “Jongin, why are you going to school, your mom said you could have the day off remember?”

Jongin ignores him as he crosses a street, he’s almost there and it’s still a bit early. The ghost boy hovers above Jongin’s head pretending to poke it, “Hey Jongin, Hey Jongin, Hey Jongin…”

“What!?”

Jongin says as he stops and turns around so fast his backpack nearly causes him to fall over. Kyungsoo giggles again covering his mouth, “Nothing…”

Jongin groans in distaste, he can only imagine how bad today might turn out with Kyungsoo following him to school again. He usually sets rules for things like this, but today Kyungsoo doesn’t want to seem to listen to anything.

It doesn’t take long before Jongin crossing the last street to his high school, SM High. The two story building with gum covered pavement has a few students milling around outside. Jongin takes no interest in them as he moves inside hearing Kyungsoo gasp as he looks around, “This place is cool, it’s probably even bigger than my old high school.”

Jongin stops for a bit, he turns around and his eyebrows curve up, “You went to high school, really Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo stops floating for a second then he moves down till he’s at eye level with Jongin. The ghost smiles, “Yup, I was actually a senior till uh… well this happened…”

Jongin visibly tenses. It never crossed his mind to ask Kyungsoo about his death. He just assumes that Kyungsoo was never alive to begin with. He tightens his hold on his backpack straps, his knuckles turning white, “So… Uh… what happened?”

Some people pass him, but only see Jongin standing there talking to nothing. He doesn’t care if he’s standing in the middle of the hallway while Kyungsoo looks at him nervously; he’s grown used to it at this point.

“I-I kind of don’t want talk about it right now.”

“Oka-“

“Hey Jongin,” Jongin turns his head and his eyes nearly light up seeing his special someone waving at him. He smiles as he returns the wave, Kyungsoo looks over to the person spotting a boy waving at them… well Jongin at least. Kyungsoo mentally groans because it’s the last person he wants to see.

“Hi Baekhyun!”

Jongin practically speed walks over the blonde haired guy whom he’s had a crush on since middle school. Jongin lights up when Baekhyun returns the smile, “So, what are you doing here so early? You’re usually late to classes…”

Jongin scratches his head in a nervous habit, “Uh well… I woke up early and just wanted to see what happens in the mornings when I’m not here…”

Smooth and Jongin inwardly groans, but Baekhyun laughs anyways so he guesses it’s a win.

“Really Jongin? Of all things to say like really.” It’s Kyungsoo’s voice as he glides around Baekhyun inspecting him from head to toe. This boy gets on his nerves a lot because one, he’s trying to steal Jongin away. Kyungsoo sure that Baekhyun’s an alien because there’s no way someone should be wearing amount of eyeliner and still be considered normal. Jongin ignores the boy as he continues, “So uh, you wanna meet up at lunch today?”

Baekhyun looks at him smiling, “Really, I’m not really going anywhere so…”

Then Kyungsoo sees it, it’s here in the way Jongin’s hand clutches his backpack strap. The way his eyes look almost desperate while this boy talks and how one of Jongin’s feet tap on the floor. Kyungsoo smirks, someone’s got a crush. He hovers around Baekhyun and he smiles as he waves his hand around trying to get Jongin attention.

It works when Jongin’s eyes flicker to him for a brief second, and then Kyungsoo works his magic.

“Now tell him he’s pretty like a girl, oh he’ll love that!”

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, is he mad!? Then Kyungsoo makes funny faces at Baekhyun while the boy talks.

It’s getting irritating while Jongin swears he’s about to bust a nerve in his head. Why is Kyungsoo bugging him? He tries to ignore the boy again, but can’t quite focus on Baekhyun talking until he breaks.

“Go ing away!”

Jongin shouts as he stomps his foot on the floor. That should show Kyungsoo, and said boy stops looking eyes wide at him for a second. Then he’s moving down to the floor laughing.

“Huh, uh Jongin?”

Jongin manages to come out of his angry stupor when he notices Baekhyun looking at him eyes wide. In fact, a few people lingering around the hallway stop to look to him. He nervously gulps while cursing at the ghost rolling on the floor laughing.

“Oh, sorry I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter