Honey Dew: Part 1

The Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honey Dew: Part 1

4 K

Fluff, Elf Prince!Kyungsoo, Bear Hybrid!Jongin

Kyungsoo’s an elf prince and when he wanders a bit too far from home he finds a woodland hybrid he’s never seen before.

-

His dainty pale fingers gently flutter in the air; they flex and move about as the little insect crawls on them. He giggles a bit when the ladybug’s small nimble legs skitter across his open palm. Kyungsoo smiles his eyes twinkling, watching the tiny bug move around his fingers.

“Kyungsoo are you paying attention?”

Kyungsoo’s long pointed ears perk when he turns his head over to the small pond of water when a figure emerges from it. The boy sighs plucking the small bug off his hand and laying it on the grass he sits on. He adjusts himself to sit upright and his lavender cape curls around his lithe form. Kyungsoo fine-tunes his sterling silver wreath of laurels around his raven black hair. Kyungsoo looks up at the water sprite as it crosses its arms looking pointed at him, “Sorry, Joonmyun. It’s just the little bug that just wanted to play.”

Joonmyun huffs, “Playtime is reserved when you’re not learning water enchantment spells your majesty. Now pay attention, I don’t wanna have to tell your father you’re not paying attention again.”

Kyungsoo pouts, but Joonmyun’s right, he doesn’t want to have another talk with the Elf King. So he straightens out his furrowed thick eyebrows and readjusts his protruding bottom plush lip smiling at his teacher. Joonmyun eyes him skeptically as the water pools around his abdomen and tendrils of water drip down his already wet hair, “You ready to learn Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo nods.

“Good, now I was just talking about making rivulets of small waves to purify tainted water. Look here…”

Kyungsoo sighs. It’s not easy being the crowned prince of the elven world. There are too many duties and many things for a sixteen year old to learn, but Kyungsoo’s managed to make it work somehow. The world of the elves lives deep within the forests where the trees reach high in the sky. Many of the elven houses and structures are made out of these trees. Even the elven king’s castle is actually a grand tree house suspended in the tree tops. At a very young age Kyungsoo’s always thought he was lucky because he was an elf prince, but now he’s not too sure.

It’s usually meeting with the magical sprites for teachings every day; today its water charms with Joonmyun the water sprite. Tomorrow its light conjuring with Baekhyun and the day after its wind casting with Sehun; it’s a never ending circle of lessons and Kyungsoo’s getting bored of them very quickly.

The young elf prince watches a Joonmyun directs him to learn to push and pull the ripples of water. To anyone else it seemed cool, but to the prince who’s had this lesson dozens of times he’s ready to stop. Kyungsoo lets his toes curl on the fresh grass as his hands pluck a few strains and letting the small blades of grass fall to the ground. Kyungsoo sighs again when Joonmyun points towards a ripple in the small pond and makes it vibrate in the water making more ripples. Joonmyun flecks at a butterfly that touches his shoulders as the water sprite concentrates his charms. Kyungsoo watches the small insect flutter about Joonmyun making Kyungsoo giggle a bit. Joonmyun’s a bit too concentrated on his spells when he turns his whole body around, his back facing Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo hates this, it’s like Joonmyun forgets he’s teaching the elven prince and not himself. Kyungsoo trains his eye on the butterfly that flutters next to him. He chuckles a bit, but quiets himself down making sure Joonmyun doesn’t hear him. He looks over at his teacher while Kyungsoo cups his hands in the air. The small yellow-orange butterfly lands in the palm of the boy’s hand. Kyungsoo’s eyes glow wand watching imploringly as the small insect’s wings move a bit. Kyungsoo moves a finger a bit to touch the soft wings but when he does the small butterfly flies off his fingers.

Pouting Kyungsoo crosses his arms while the butterfly flutters around him. The prince looks at Joonmyun who’s still concentrated on his spells. Kyungsoo watches the butterfly fly over to a tree pass some large bushes. Kyungsoo looks at Joonmyun one last time before the small prince quietly gets up. His brushes off his silk trousers and quietly creeps over to the bushes. Joonmyun’s too busy to care about him now right, and his break time is almost here so why not?

Kyungsoo pushes back the brush and notices he’s on a high ledge on a downhill slope. The small elf turns around spotting Joonmyun talking to himself now as the sprite splashes water about. Kyungsoo giggles before climb inside the bush and carefully sets himself on the ledge. With his bottom planted on the rough soil Kyungsoo pushes himself off the ledge sliding on his bottom down the hill. He laughs as he dodges trees and other bushes that fly past him. Kyungsoo loses his balance before he’s tumbling down the hill instead. Dust and debris gather around the small boy when he nears the bottom.

Instead of crying, Kyungsoo laughs as he dusts his hair off. His wreath on his head stays firmly positioned when the prince pushes himself up off the ground. Kyungsoo dusts off his trousers and cape before looking up at the hill. It looks like a long way up, but Kyungsoo doesn’t mind. Kyungsoo looks around; he’s never been on this part of the forest before.

The treetops cover the sky because the trees reach so high here. The sunlight barely slits through a few branches and leaves leaving a glow in the forest. The grass is a green hue that Kyungsoo’s never seen and even when he takes another step the grass glows a bit. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen as when he jumps up to another spot watching the ground beneath him glow. The pale prince chuckles as he starts to run watching as a trail of glowing grass treads behind him. Kyungsoo looks ahead before seeing a gravel pathway. The prince stops while his cape flutters around his petit body. The elf prince looks both ways, each don’t seem to lead anywhere near the palace. Shrugging, Kyungsoo walks on the trail deciding that he might benefit from exploring a little, what Joonmyun and his father won’t know won’t hurt them… right?

Kyungsoo kicks a few pebbles while he trots along a gravel pathway. Both his hands hold up his lavender cape, Minseok’s warned him about getting it dirty. He sighs taking in the pretty greenery all around him. He spots the butterfly from earlier fluttering around the pathway as Kyungsoo watches it. He smiles a heart-shaped smile watching the tiny insect with wings fly in and around all tree trunks.

Kyungsoo chases it when it gets too far ahead, his shoes picking up flecks of dust as he runs along. He ducks from a low hanging branch and jumps into some brush that the insect flies into. He reaches out for the butterfly expecting to catch it while his cape flaps behind him. Kyungsoo giggles a bit as his long pointed ears turn a crimson shade of red when the butterfly stops and lands on small leaf. Kyungsoo stops and quietly tip-toes towards it ready to grab it between his fingers.

A shrieking noise in the makes him jump though and the butterfly flies away. Kyungsoo pouts when the small insect flies up to a high branch. He jumps again though when the shrieking comes a second time. Kyungsoo looks around; his finely tuned elf ears listen for when the noise is coming from. He looks around and hears it third time, it sounds near.

Kyungsoo peeks around the tree stump he’s standing in front of. He’s eyes grow owlish when he spots a brown fur sticking out of a tree. Kyungsoo carefully wanders over watching his footing when he steps over a large stick. Upon closer inspecting the elf prince notices two legs and brown feet dangle out from the tree. Kyungsoo also sees a small round tail that flickers. He hears some buzzing and slurping noises coming from the tree or is it the creature? The brown ball of fur with legs yelps again as its tail and legs wriggles around.

Curious, Kyungsoo picks up the stick he stepped over and takes it in his hands. He pokes the ball of fur with the end of the stick and the legs and tail stop moving all together. Kyungsoo jumps when a voice that sounds strangely human talks in a muffled fashion. The creature props its legs up planting its bare feet onto the tree trunk and tries feebly to push itself out. Worried the elf prince drops the stick and rushes to the creature’s aid. He yanks on the creatures torso trying to pull on it too, what if the creature’s stuck?

Kyungsoo pulls harder before more shrieking and yelping come from the creature. Its small tail flails around like the creature is in pain. The prince gives one more pull before he’s toppling over as the creature slips out from the tree.

Kyungsoo shakes his head and rubs a sore spot while the creature’s sitting on him. He doesn’t get to say a word before the creature is shouting at the top of his lungs, “Run!”

The creature jumps up running past Kyungsoo into some tall brushes. Kyungsoo notices some golden drops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter