Boo

The Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boo

2K

Monsters Inc AU, Fluff, Kid!Kyungsoo

Six year old Do Kyungsoo is afraid of a lot of things as all small children are, but he is especially scared of a particular monster that creeps out of his closet at night to scare him.

A/N: This story takes place before & after the first movie: Monsters Inc.

-

Kyungsoo’s sleeping soundly in his one blue pajama shirt softly nuzzling his face in his pillow. He lets out a light snore when the door of his closet creaks open. The door opens slightly at the foot of his bed a few steps away. A figure looks at him with its glowing red eyes peeks as its face through the dark abyss inside the closet. The creature smirks bearing his sharp fangs. He taps his sharp fingernails on the wooden door. He steps in with his bare foot gracefully inviting itself inside the small room.

Kyungsoo shifts a bit in bed and the creature halts. He watches the small boy moving little by little in his bed.

The creature looks around the small boy’s room. The little boy’s simple crayon drawings litter the walls, but one picture sparks his interest. It’s a simple drawing of three stick figures, one small one in the middle of two taller figures holding hands. The creature shakes his head and his nails drag along the inside of the closet door.

The loud scraping sound rouses Kyungsoo from his nap. He rubs his eyes before making a soft sniffling sound, “Mommy?”

He sits up a bit pulling his covers down to his waist. He looks around his empty room, it’s late at night. The only light source is the hallway light his mother always kept on with his room door slightly ajar to let the light in. Kyungsoo looks around spotting nothing out of the ordinary except the darkness and shadows that the hallway light doesn’t reach.

Kyungsoo shifts a bit pulling the covers closer to him. He’s always been afraid of the dark because it’s scary not being able to see anything. A noise at the foot of his bed makes him jump before he tosses the covers over his head. He shivers under the covers feeling very frightened. The sound of breathing and gentle footsteps makes the small boy hold his breath and he closes his eyes.

The creature gauges the small child’s actions before a plan hatches in his head.

It’s quiet for a while and Kyungsoo thinks it’s safe. He gradually pulls the covers off him sighing in relief, but that all changes when he spots something off the side of his bed. Kyungsoo freezes when a pair of blood shot eyes looks right back at him.

The creature crouches low when the small boy emerges from the blankets. His eyebrows rise when Kyungsoo’s eyes land on him. He’s got the boy in his trap now.

Scared, Kyungsoo moves back towards the other end of the bed away the eyes. The crimson eyes vanish in the darkness when Kyungsoo’s back meets the wall. The tiny boy relaxes thinking it was just his mind playing tricks on him. The scrapping of nails on the wall behind him stops Kyungsoo short though. He suddenly remembers his bedsides are nowhere near the walls. He timidly brings his head up as he breathing begins to get more and more rapid. When Kyungsoo’s eyes meet the creature’s glaring its fiery eyes at him he’s petrified in terror. All it takes is the creature to give a smirk bearing its large fangs for the child to scream out loud.

The creature evaporates in a plume of smoke before it reappears at his closet door. He smirks seeing the tiny one freighted, that’s a job well done. Kyungsoo watches it walk inside and he cries out loud for his mom. The click of the closet door closing shut and his mother running in consoling Kyungsoo about his bad dreams doesn’t help.

“What’s wrong honey?” his mother asks as she cradles the small child. Kyungsoo’s eyes are wet and snot is running down from his nose.

“It’s the monster, he scared me! He’s inside the closet!”

His mother shakes her head and stands up walking over to his closet. Kyungsoo gasps out, “Mommy, don’t open it, he’s in there!”

“Kyungsoo, honey, there’s nothing in there. See.”

Kyungsoo tugs the covers over his head when his mother pulls the door open. He peeks out seeing his closet empty there’s only clothes and boxes. His mother walks back over to Kyungsoo. She grabs the boy’s favorite stuffed toy off the shelf. She hands him a small blue penguin with a yellow helmet with goggles, his favorite toy, Pororo.

“Now, go to sleep, it’s late.”

Kyungsoo’s mom kisses his forehead brushing back his dark hair. She smiles at him before tucking him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter