Chapter Five

Started as Strangers

The next day at JYP building the guys are meeting up for recording for their Japanese album. In between takes, Jun K keep looking at his phone, there’s no text or missed call for the girl. He tried calling her a few times but she didn’t pick up. He just wanted to know why? Why she just disappear like that. Jun K sigh and walk out of the recording studio and found himself in one of the empty rooms that has piano on it. He sat on the piano press some random notes and suddenly he just played a lot of chords and a song just start to pour in his mind.

When it was time for Jun K’s take the guys notice he’s not in the studio “Where is Minjun hyung?” Wooyoung ask when Khun exit the booth finishing his part “I thought he was sitting there” He says “Did he leave again? Seriously, he still can’t move on from being stood up” Taecyeon said annoyed “I’ll go look for him” Chansung offered “No, you need to record your part first. I’ve done my part I’m going to look for him” Khun said then he exit the room.

Khun search trough the practice rooms then he headed to the cafeteria then he bumped into someone who is running “Whoa, careful” He says gripping her arm preventing her from falling when the girl loses balance. He look at the girl’s figure and she seems familiar. “Oh! I’m sorry I’m sorry” She bowed then the girl look up and she’s face to face with Nichkhun

“Oh! Sunbaenim I’m sorry!” She said bowing “It’s okay. Are you okay?” The girl nods then she bent down taking the water bottle she dropped “Why are you running?” Khun ask “Oh, I’m actually late for practice” she answer “Ah, I see.. what’s your name again?” Khun ask when he remember seeing the others spy on her while she practice “Song Na Mi” She says bowing her head, Khun nods “If it’s okay, I need to get going sunbaenim” Nami says “Oh yeah! Goodluck with the debut!” Khun says smiling “Thank you sunbaenim” Nami bowed and quickly walk to the practice room.

Nami didn’t run but she power walk trough the hallways then she listen to the sound of piano coming from one of the room. The melody sound good to her ears, the she decided to stop and take a peek from where the song was coming. She walk slowly towards the room then take a peek at the door.

Nami was frozen when she saw that familiar face. It was him, her heart sank just looking at Jun K who is closing his eyes and playing the tunes that draw her to him. Of all the people in the company why is it have to him? She sigh leaning at the one of the walls. Then Nami continue walking to the practice room leaving him behind.

She bumped into Wooyoung on the way, “Oh! Have you seen Jun K anywhere?” Nami was shocked that Wooyoung suddenly ask her that? Did he know? “Oh! You must be suprised” Wooyoung said when the girl standing infront of him just stare at him. Nami snap back to reality “I haven’t seen him sunbaenim” Wooyoung nods “Really? Where is he?” Wooyoung mumble to himself “Why? if I may ask?”

“He suppose to record his part for our album but he just took off” Wooyoung say “Oh I see” Nami nods “Tell me if you seen him okay? I’ll be going then” Wooyoung say before they parted. Nami felt guilty for lying so she did the only thing she could do.

Jun K didn’t notice his phone had been ringing as he put it on vibrate. When he feel like he finish the song and he had enough he finally look at his phone and there’s a lot of missed call for the members but one thing shocked him the most. It was a text from Blue.

The tunes sounds really nice. I think you should go back to the studio and record that one

He read the text over and over again still unable to digest. Was she just here? Did they know eachother. “Hyung!” Taecyeon’s voice brought him back to reality “Why are you here! You need to back and record your part now” He says. But Jun K is still stunned holding his phone

“Hyung?” Taecyeon slowly walk to Jun K who seems to be frozen in place “Hyung? Are you okay?” Taecyeon ask. Then Jun K stand so abruptly Taecyeon was stunned when Jun K suddenly run outside “Whoa, what is wrong with that hyung?” Taecyeon say to himself before running of to chase Jun K.

Jun K look everywhere, he look around the room but he didn’t see anyone. She could be anywhere. She could still be in the bulding, his heart is racing with the possibility to come. “Hyung! Stop! What happened!” Taec finally catch up to him.

“She knows me.. She’s just here” Jun K says “Who? Blue?” Jun K nods giving taec his phone. “Whoa, she knows you?” Taecyeon says stunned to read the text. “I’m seriously going nuts with this one” Jun K says finally sitting down in one of the sofa, frustrated. “Than this only means one thing hyung” Taecyeon says “What?”

“She is closer than you expected hyung”

Jun K and Taecyeon stare at eachother at the same time then they both broke out laughing “Why did I say that?” Taecyeon said laughing at himself. “Come on, we need to record your part first Hyung” Taecyeon say walking back to the studio.

“Hyung!” Chansung stood when Jun K walk back to the studio “We’ve been trying to call you” Junho says lifting his phone. “Love problem just strike again” Taecyeon says walking after Jun K “What happened?” Wooyoung ask after finishing his part. Jun K was about to explain but Taecyeon push him to the recording booth. “The girl from the mask ball just contact him” Taecyeon said when Jun K begin recording “What? Really?” Junho says sitting next to Taecyeon the others listen closer while Taecyeon explain about the text.

“Whoa, so she’s here? At the JYP building?” Junho said “She must’ve access to the building if she can reach our floor” Chansung said. “But to think about it why did she just stood him up at the first place if she knew him?” Wooyoung ask “If she’s an employee here she must’ve a contract or something” Khun said “But that just mean isn’t it? leaving him like that?” Junho said “Yah! Stop analyzing my love life if you’re not going to help me find her!” Jun K says from inside the booth looking at the 5 guys, talking in a small circle.

The guys then move apart from each other, back to their usual spot “Why do you think she didn’t just go see him?” Taecyeon ask Nichkhun “Like I say, if she works here she must have a lot to consider meeting him. Remembering that Jun K already like her” Taecyeon nods, the guys finish recording then they’re back to their own schedule.

Taecyeon is heading home after a quick photo shoot, he just exit the room after saying his goodbye to the team then he saw Jiyeon at the lobby “Jiyeon!” He says heading to the girl in simple V neck tee shirt, black leather jacket and boots. She is sitting at one of the chairs reading her portfolio. Her head snap to Taecyeon’s direction then she wave at him “Oppa!”

“What are you doing here?” Taecyeon ask “I’m actually looking for a job opening” Jiyeon says truthfully “Any luck?” she laugh then shake her head “Nope, still nothing so far” She says “Well, you have to be patience I bet you’ll find it” Jiyeon nods at Taecyeon who is looking handsome with his hair styled up after a photo shoot and his body is more fit and built comparing to the last time Jiyeon saw him. “Where are you heading oppa?” Jiyeon ask

“To the drama set actually, I have a few scenes left to shoot” Jiyeon nods “How about you?” Jiyeon shake her head “I have nothing to do actually”  Taecyeon look at her eyes, she looks a little bit down. It must be from having a hard time getting a job He think to himself “Want to come with me and help out? Maybe a bit?” Taecyeon ask, he can see the light back to her eyes “Really?” Jiyeon is always interested in movies or drama especially the set “But you have to behave” Taecyeon tease “I always behave oppa” She says calmly “Really?” she nods “I can give you my word” She put her hand on her chest and fake oath, Taecyeon laugh then motion her to follow her to his manager’s car.

Taecyeon introduce her to his acting manager an they headed to the location immediately. Jiyeon notice the green cat pillow and many similar items with the same cat “What is this cat Oppa?” She says lifting he pillow “That’s actually OK cat, my cat” Taecyeon says “Your cat?” He nods “I like to draw cats, like this” Then he take one of this pen and paper and draw one “Oh! It’s the same cat!” He nods “Then I made it into everything, like pillow, keychains and stuff” Jiyeon nods hugging the soft pillow “It’s really cute” She says “Really?” She nods.

They arrive at their destination and both of them stepped out of the car and Taecyeon is quickly rushed to the make up room. Then Jiyeon is left wondering around on set. She look around carefully scared she’ll interrupt something. She look at the big lights, the seats and camera. Everything look so pretty to her. The set it self is beautiful, they’re at a garden it’s a little dark but pretty at the same time they’re a lot of lights connecting the lamp post. She look at the make up trailer where she expect Taecyeon oppa will be in. Then she check the snack and coffee station. Then the seats for the artist, Jiyeon is in awe with everything.

“Liking everything so far?” She notice that familiar voice, then Jiyeon look at Taecyeon who is standing next to her with bottled water and script in his hand he has changed into a simple navy blue sweater. The crew starts setting up then Taecyeon read his script while Jiyeon observe.

“Jiyeon,” Jiyeon look at Taecyeon who is reading the script “Do you want to help me review the lines before shooting?” He says, Jiyeon was taken aback for a second but then she nods. Taecyeon smile then he motion her to follow him and head to one of the chairs where artist usually sits before take.

They practice some scenes but Taecyeon tried his best to avoid love scenes at first. But practicing with Jiyeon is so comfortable he take a chance and practice one instead “Okay, turn to page 46” Taecyeon said to Jiyeon who is now standing infront of him holding the script. “This one” Taecyeon pointed at the female lead’s part. It’s a scene when the girl ask about his feelings for her. Jiyeon read the line briefly and she couldn’t help freaking out inside but she remember she suppose to act like a professional. “Okay” She said looking at Taecyeon who is unsure about the situation “Okay?” He ask. Jiyeon nods and begin her line

“What should I believe? One second you told me that you’re sick of me, that you’re unable to even look at me and now you want to be with me?” She look into his eyes getting into character “Is this some twisted universe because I don’t get it, I don’t get you!”

Tecyeon sigh messing up his hair, frustrated “How many time should I tell you? I like you! Why can’t you just accept that and believe me!” Jiyeon sigh “How am I suppose to believe that? The fact that you hate me and that you’ll always have Seo Jin on your mind, that’s why you went to her last night, Right?” Taecyeon take a step closer to Jiyeon “What makes you think that I hate you? I don’t!” His voice low looking into her eyes. They stay looking at each other’s eyes for a while.

“You didn’t deny it” She says “What?” Taecyeon retort “That you still think about her, about Seo Jin” Taecyeon turn his back to her then he take a deep breath, frustrated “Seriously! I’m going crazy here!” He cover his face

“Well? You don’t have anything else to say right?” Jiyeon turn her back to him walking away “Wait!” Taecyeon he caught her arm and turn her to face him. They look at eachother’s eye then his arm went to her cheeks and he lean in closer to her. Jiyeon close her eyes she can hear her heart beating she can hear Taecyeon’s breath as he lean in closer.