Chapter Ten

Started as Strangers

“I loved you”

Mina tried her best to look strong after hearing Taecyeon’s confession. Deep down inside she knew, she always knew that he loved her. And when he said it, it just makes it all real again, how he felt for her and how she felt for him.

She look at the guy standing infront of her all messed up, panting, pouring everything to her in one sentence. They both look at eachother’s eyes. Searching for something, something to say.

“Can’t you just say to me the reason.. why?” He finally says brushing his hair with his hands, his habit when he’s frustrated. Mina felt that pain again, just like the day when he told her that he’s leaving. She hates that feeling it felt like it’s suffocating her.

She promise herself not to break down on the trip, to be strong, to have fun. She’s here for Junho, and she has to deal with Taecyeon if she wanted to be with Junho fully, with no past holding her back.

 “I need to get away from everything when you left. I know, you told me to just be patient and wait, but everytime I think of you it hurts it hurts so bad and I don’t want to get hurt more. I decided to ran away, to start fresh“

“To forget me” Taecyeon finish her sentence for her

“It wasn’t because of you, it was me being selfish it was me who acted based on my feelings back then, I’m sorry.. I guess I want to spare the heartache” Mina whisper the last part

“But don’t you ever think about me? about how all of this effect me!”

“I did! Every single day until I feel numb. But do you know what the worse part is? Is that I know that you couldn’t do anything for us. What was happening between us was gone from the moment you sign that contract!” Mina says trying her best not to cry. Taecyeon huffed and looked away

“You know it’s true.. You ask me to wait for you even though you know there’s no telling until when.. and I believed you, I believed in you so much I waited until I couldn’t anymore..” Mina looked away from him tears dripping on her cheeks

“I did what I had to do to survive to help myself, to mend the parts that you took away” Taecyeon sigh his heart ache hearing her pain, there was never a closure between them and now, he hate it.

The silence stretch the air, both of them drown in their own thoughts. “I have to process all this” Taecyeon said finally walking away.

Mina couldn’t even bring herself from looking at him when she felt him walking away. she slumped at one of the bar stool and hide her face in her hand and she couldn’t help the tears spilling out of her.

From the balcony Nichkhun could see what’s going on, even tho he couldn’t hear anything but he knows something was up between the two. He doesn’t even know what Mina and Taecyeon was close before this but turns out there must’ve been a problem for them to act like a stranger and maybe that’s also the reason why Taecyeon is being angry and Mina crying in the bar.

As much as Nichkhun wanted to know, he knows it’s not his part to ask or speculate so he just let them be for now and interfere when something serious or suspicious came up.

On the way back to his room, Nichkhun saw Jiyeon sitting down at one of the balcony looking ahead, he notice her stance; her shoulders slumped her vision blank and she continue looking down at her hand. Something is definitely going on.

Nichkhun approach the girl and sit next to her. Jiyeon notice the presence beside her but doesn’t make any effort to acknowledge it. The two of them just sat there staring at the beautiful view.

“What’s on your mind?” Nichkhun finally break the silence. Jiyeon sigh looking down on her hand “I feel bad” She say truthfully. “I kind of overreact when it’s not even my place to begin with..”

Then Nichkhun remember looking at Jiyeon walking away from his room when he was about to take a shower after a swim. Maybe it’s related to that.

“I just don’t like people who lie especially when it hurts them.” Jiyeon shrugged finally looking at Nichkhun. Nichkhun offer her a smile and squeeze her hand in a comforting way.

“It’s okay, you don’t overreact. You’re just upset, I’ll be upset too if I were you” Jiyeon nods as Nichkhun release her hand.

“You know.. Taec is not an open person. He’s guarded, something big happened even before I knew him and this whole experience make him more guarded.” Nichkhun says. Jiyeon turn her head back to Nichkhun who is looking away with a knowing smile.

How did he know that she was talking about him? Jiyeon think to herself.

“I need to say sorry” Jiyeon says sighing “Go on then” Nichkhun say finally looking at her.

“Um.. oppa, I don’t know why I blurted all that..” Nichkhun laugh

“It’s okay, I won’t tell anyone” He winked at her and Jiyeon couldn’t help blushing.

“Go on then” Nichkhun encourage as Jiyeon stood up.

Jiyeon look for Taecyeon in his room, on the roof and and even downstairs and she can’t even find him. Jiyeon walk to the front door and lean on the railing and find him kicking sad on the beach. His shoulder slumped his hand on his pocket, and jiyeon feels uneasy looking at him.

Taecyeon tried to clear his mind, he keep repeating her words over and over again in his head. It still hurts even though it’s been 6 years, she was his first love afterall, well the love that really mattered to him anyway. As much as he want to stay angry at her, it made sense and he know it. Even back then he knows that when he choose his career over her everything will be over between them but he still ask her to wait for him. He was selfish and she was like him so she start being selfish in her own way.

Taecyeon hates it, he hates feeling like this. Even though he’s always looking for closure but this things just messed him up more. Taecyeon finally sat on the sand burying his head on his folded arm. Taking deep breath  to calm him.

He can’t be angry anymore. He moved on from her and she definitely moved on from him.

Then he hear a click next to him. He raise his head and see a beer bottle infront of him. “Cameron says you ask him about a bar. It’s far from here but I guess this should subdue it for now” Taecyeon look at that familiar face eyes full with concern, her eyebrows furrowed as she shove the drink in his hand.

Taecyeon took the bottle and immediately take a swing, the alcohol felt soothing right now.

“About earlier, I’m sorry. It’s not my place” Jiyeon says unable to look at his eyes.

“And here, if you’re going to stay out all night.” Jiyeon draped a blanked over him “I’m not going to ask why now. I’m sorry oppa.” With that Jiyeon turn to leave him alone.

As Jiyeon turn and walk away she sigh and suddenly she was caught off guard when two hands wrapped around her from behind. She stood frozen in her place when his warmth envelope her. She can feel her heart pounding as his head rested on hers because of the height different. She can hear him sigh and whatever happen to him must’ve been bad because he looked so sad and vulnerable right now.

“oppa-“ Jiyeon says turning her head to the side to look at him. But his embrace got tighter, holding her in place.

“Just stay here for a minute” Taecyeon whisper to her.

**

Knock Knock

Wooyoung knock Jiyeon’s room but there’s no response to it. After hesitating a few minutes He finally take a peek inside and she’s also not there. He wanted to ask her for that walk she promised. He already had the perfect plan formed in his head and that make him smile even more.

Wooyoung look for her to the balcony and the bar but he couldn’t find her. He was about to go out when he bump into Nichkhun

“Hyung, do you see Jiyeon?” Wooyoung ask him.

“Jiyeon? Why?” Wooyoung couldn’t help his sheepish girn “She promised me something” He says “Hm.. I haven’t see her.” Wooyoung nods and continue looking.

Then it clicked in Nichkhun’s head. Jiyeon must be with Taecyeon right now. And with Wooyoung acting like that he suspect that he has feelings for her.

“Oh! Wooyoung! Can you help me instead?” Wooyoung turn back to Nichkhun

“What’s wrong?” Wooyoung ask “Just come with me for a minute” Nichkhun lead Wooyoung away from Jiyeon from now. As everything start to mapped out in his head. And for now all Nichkhun know is that there are things going on between his friends, and he needs to find out and try his best to safe everyone from the heartache.

 


Hello!

It's been so long since I updated this story. I'm sorry!

What do you think of the story so far? I'm getting excited myself for this story it's getting more and more complicated haha

Tell what you think and maybe who's your favorite couple so far on the comment section below! :)

Love, Zeera