Chapter One

Started as Strangers

“Seriously is this a good idea hyung?” Chansung ask Taecyeon.

“It’s a mask ball there’s nothing to worry about! And besides all the guest here are someone and not just common people you see in the streets”

“Come on Chansung! We got comeback coming soon and when is it the last time we had fun like this” Wooyoung said

The elevator door open and they are greeted with the big ballroom in the hotel rooftop, there are big chandelier hanging above on the dance floor, a live band playing classical music, and an open bar and everyone is wearing mask so they can’t recognize each other.

“It’s classy, I like it!” Jun K commented. The guys walk in group making lots of heads turn to them, they all dressed in tuxedos just like everyone else. But they still look dashing considering they are one of the best idol group in the country.

“I think we should split up before everyone notice” NichKhun said to the group. “I’ll be by the bar” Wooyoung said. Followed by Jun K and Junho.

Chansung decided to walk around the ballroom and notice that there’s a big balcony, so he go out and explore the building. Khun is with taecyeon looking around the dance floor. “The girls are exceptionally beautiful here” Taecyeon said. Then one of the girls walk smiling at both of them “Too bad you have a girl waiting out there” Taecyeon whisper to Khun

“Well, I am perfectly happy with my girl. So I’m up for being a wing man for you tonight” NichKhun said Raising a glass of champagne for them to cheers “I’ll Drink to that mate”

Chansung found a beautiful garden just outside the ballroom. It’s pretty and full of beautiful flowers like roses and lily. “If only I brought my camera with me “ He said to himself as he walk around the garden.

“Three red wine please” Wooyoung said to the bartender “Whoa excited for the drink I see” Junho commented “Hey who says we can’t drink in style” Wooyoung pass the drink to Junho and Jun K “Cheers to having fun boys” Jun K says as the three of the cheered

Junho then spit up from Wooyoung and Jun K who is now flirting with a group of ladies. He’s not that kind of person who flirts in groups, He walk through the dance floor to find a lot of rooms in the ballroom are open. He walks to the quiet hallway sipping his drink when he suddenly hear a piano sound coming from one of the rooms. He got interested and drawn to the melody the other person is playing. The melody sound sad but beautiful in a way too. He walk through the hallway then he find himself eves dropping in one of the open rooms where the piano sound is coming from.

He take a peek inside and he can see a girl sitting by the piano wearing an emerald one shoulder gown, she’s sitting by the piano closing her eyes playing the song he never heard before. Her hair is shoulder length and in a shade of chocolate. But the girl keeps playing the same melody over and over. Then she sigh and open her eyes.

Junho quickly turn his back to the wall then he take a deep breath, why is he suddenly so nervous of getting caught. Then he look at his reflection in one of the mirror on the wall. He has his black tuxedo his hair swept back with a new shades of brown for their comeback and a simple black mask. The girl still plays the same melody but her chords seems all messed up. Junho listen again carefully then he gets where the girl got it all wrong.

“Try G, I think it’ll fit better” Junho says entering the room. The girl looked shocked for a moment but listen to his advice and start to play the melody with the chords Junho suggested and fit perfectly. “Thanks” She said, Junho take a seat on the piano next to her. She wear a butterfly like black mask and her eyes are beautiful he thinks to himself.

“So, is that an original? I never heard that song before” She nods “Yeah, it’s kinda a work thing” He nods “How about you? Seems like you had a good pair of musical ears” Junho laugh “It’s kinda a work thing too” She smile a him. She can see his handsome feature. He has this child-like carefree smile. And she notice that he dye his hair, that means he’s in the music industry just like her.

“So what else do you write?” Junho ask curious of this girl “I can only write ballad or sad songs, Upbeat music doesn’t really suit my writing I guess” She said truthfully.”What kind of music do you like?” Junho ask again

“I really like elton john that kind of thing” Junho smile then play the intro for one of Elton John’s song “You know him too?” She ask satisfy that the guys he’s talking to seems really good with his music taste. “Yeah, Your Song is one of my favorite Elton’s song” She couldn’t help the smile on her lips knowing that they have the same favorite song from elton.

“Do you compose songs?” Junho nods, happy that she notice it “Play me one of your songs” Junho hesitated for one second, scared if he plays one of 2PM’s song she’ll notice. So he plays one of his japanese single for her. He look at her expression and she frown “What? You don’t like it?” Junho stops playing. “No, I’m thinking. I think I heard that song before but I forgot” Junho couldn’t help the sense of relief when she forgot, he doesn’t want this girl sees him just for junho from 2PM.

“Oh well, I really like it anyway” She couldn’t help the connection she’s feeling with whoever is sitting next to her. He’s really handsome and he’s talented and she thinks he’s one of her weakness; musician.

The girl play more tunes and junho listen to it, she got some of the chords wrong then he correct some of it for her. They talk while they work on the song she made. Junho learn that she’s very charming while shy at the same time. Junho couldn’t help laughing when she panicked when they’re finger almost touched. She’s so innocent at the same time. Then Junho pushed his luck and sit closer to her observing while she work on her song. Then he play the similar chords in a different scale, he notice that she’s very focus on her work and she’s closing her eyes. Junho leaned in closer looking at her beautiful feature. Then out of nowhere he press the wrong key and she end up opening her eyes the turn her face to Junho, who is inched away from her.

They stare at each other for a while. The girl is frozen while Junho is staring at her eyes so deeply then he start to stare at her pink lips then he leaned closer and their lips melt. She close her eyes and kiss him back.

At the same time on the other side of the ballroom, Wooyoung and Jun K is looking at the dance floor full of people dancing in couples swaying with the classical music playing. But Jun K had his eyes in one of the girl dancing at the dance floor. She’s been switching partner like everyone else but her eyes are fixed on him like how his eyes are always fixed on her. Jun K sip his drink without even breaking eye contact with her then he make his ways to the musician on stage whispering them something.

Then he joined the group on the dance floor waiting for his turn with her. The girl move gracefully to the song, she’s in a stunning dark blue gown that shows her figure perfectly,  her mask is white with a glint of dark blue near her eyes. Her hair is bunned up and Jun K can’t stop looking at her the whole night.

Finally it’s his turn to dance with her, they bowed to eachother and they dance to the music “So after staring at me the whole night, you’re not going to say anything to me?” She says then he spin her around “Well, I’m more of an action kind of guy” He says cueing the musician to change the music to jazz.

Jun K take her arm and lead her to jazzy music playing, while the other couple are shocked with the sudden change of music, Jun K knowing the song lead her perfectly through the song. The people around them start to make a space for them on the dance floor. The Girl move perfectly through the song, it felt like as if they’ve rehearse all of these before. Jun K turn her around and lift her up and she laugh but never missing a step with him. The song finishes and he is blown away by her talent. They earn a round of applause from the room. The girl laugh and they both bowed then they disappeared to the crowd.

Jun K grab 2 champagne from one of the waiter and lead her to one of the open balcony in the room. He hand her one of the drink and she take it gracefully still smiling from the aftermath of their dance. “You’re a great dancer” She says opening the conversation “Like I say, I’m more of an action kind of person”

She look at the guy standing infront of her, He has light brown hair styled up. His blue tux look nice on him. She notice he has great style looking at his watch and shoes. “Liking the view?” Jun K joked and the girl rolled her eyes but still flushing red. They lean into the balcony sipping their drink.

“How do you learn to dance like that?” She ask “It’s kind of one of my job” She nods “How about you?” Jun K ask still in awe with the way she moves “Me too” He was shocked that she’s also a performer like him , what are the odds?

They look at the beautiful Seoul from the balcony busy streets and lights “Seoul is quite a city, right?”  She says looking at the scenery “Yeah, coming from outside the town make me feel glad as well” Jun K replay “You just moved to Seoul too?” She ask “No, It’s been a while actually. But I just moved into my new home here with my dogs” she smile “You like dogs too? I Have two back home” Jun K couldn’t help the smile forming “Yeah I have twins actually” He look at the grin forming on her lips “Oh That’s so cute! Now I wish I could see them”

They talk about a lot of stuff while looking at the scenery of Seoul, Jun K couldn’t help falling for the girl next to him. They are very similar. And they have a same line of work “Hey come on, I need to know you in real life” Jun K said

“But it is real life” She says innocently eventho she gets what he mean “Open your mask, come on I’ll open mine too” She hesitated but at the same time she’s too drawn to the guy and she doesn’t want to messed it up.

While everyone start to disappear one by one Chansung stays on the bar while the six of them decided to split up. Then suddenly some girl stand next to him rushing to the bar sighing “One please!” She yelled but the bartender didn’t listen. “Gosh!” she sigh sitting next to Chansung. She wear a stunning Red shoulder dress and her hair is down she’s holding a similar color clutch and holding her phone on the other hand. “Rough night?” He ask “Tell me about it” She says while trying to get the attention of the bartender.

Chansung grab 2 empty glass from the bar and one champagne from the bar and pour it on the glass and give the girl one. “What are you doing?” She says “He’s too busy I figured I help myself” The girl shake her head but except the drink anways. Then her phone start to ring again then she sigh and take the call again.

A minute later the phone call ended  then she finish her glass in one shot. “So tell me, what is it so important that it’s ruining your night?” Chansung ask “Work, It’s never ending” He  says pouring more champagne to her glass “I work in the fashion industry, and I think I’m going crazy each day” She says sipping her drink. “How about you? Why aren’t you out there?” She says pointing at the dance floor “I like my odds of sitting here and waiting for excitement to come yelling for a drink” He joked and the girl rolled her eyes

“I also happen to have a busy day tomorrow, so I think I just need a drink not all.” Chansung says taking a sip again. “You work in an industry too?” He shake his head “More like THE Industry” She nods understanding.

“Tell you what, let’s both turn off our phone so work couldn’t get to us and just enjoy the night” Chansung says “And I assume I will be enjoying the night with you?” Chansung stand from his seat “It all depends on you” He winked and disappear to the crowd.

Much to his surprise the girl from the bar followed him to he garden he found previously. “Whoa” he look back and couldn’t help to stand in awe looking at the beautiful girl infront of him. “Pretty right?” He says “Yeah” Chansung walk to her and they stand so close infront of the other.

“What now?” She says looking at the breath taking guy infront of her. His hair is black and styled up and she know he has a beautiful figure behind that white tux. He’s tall like the models he used to work with everyday, and he’s so inviting for her she couldn’t resist.

Chansung listen to the jazz music playing on the background and he smile to himself. What  a perfect moment. “Now we dance” He says taking her hand and spin her around. They sway to the music and Chansung turn her around, and she couldn’t help the smile forming on her lips. Then at the end of the song Chansung lean in and kiss her. He hold her close to him holding her cheeks then she kiss him back. Then the kiss get deeper and more passionate then she break the kiss.

“Wait, I don’t have time for this” She says still breathless “Neither do I” He says kissing her red lips again backing her to one of the trees “But then why?” She says when they parted for air “Like I say, just tonight” He held her gaze holding her mask asking for permission so he see her face. And she look right into his eyes and she nods. Then he open her mark and see her beautiful doe eyes looking at him. Then he open his mask too tossing it with her’s to the side. Then she kiss him again passionately Her hands went to his hair and they just flushed together. Then all the suddenly a phone ring.

Chansung broke the kiss annoyed with the sound, the knows it wasn’t his phone. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry” She said letting him go. Chansung sigh and move aside so she can go to look for the phone. He was annoyed when she didn’t decline the call but take the call. Then he open his phone to see there’s 3 missed call from Taecyeon hyung. He look at the girl that’s still busy with her call so Chansung call taecyeon back

“Hyung! Sorry I was busy” Chansung say

“We have to go now. Khun’s girlfriend just got into an accident he’s freaking out. Come to the bar where we split up okay?”

Chansung closed the phone to see the girl is standing infront of him “Sorry about that, is everything okay?” She ask “Actually I have to go.” The girl nods “Great, because I have to go too” She says picking up her clutch. “Thank you, It was fun” She says “Don’t forget these.” Chansung says tossing her mask back to her “It was fun, we should do that again if we meet again.” She says putting on her mask. “Later stranger” She says planting him a long passionate kiss that leave Chansung for more. Then she disappear to the crowd.

Chansung take a deep breath and putting his mask back on while walking to the bar to meet the other member

“Where are the others?” Chansung say when there’s only Wooyoung and Taecyeon at the bar “Khun already on his way to the hospital, and I can’t reach junho” Taec says. “I’ll go look for him” Wooyoung says running trough the crowd “I’ll call Minjun hyung then”

After thinking about it The girl open the mask for Jun K and she look more beautiful then he expected. “Tada!” She joked then she look down shy to see his expression “You look stunning” He says cupping her cheeks then she smile at him.

He almost take off his mask then his phone rang, he dreaded to pick up but then he look at her and she nods, letting him take the call. He look at the caller ID and it read Chansung “This better be good” He says answering the call.

While Jun K answer the call the girl was very nervous around him, she think she liked him too much and she promise herself before that she’ll stay hidden tonight but meeting this guy made her broke that promise.

“I’m sorry, but I have to go” Jun K says upon hearing about the accident, He can see the disappointment in her eyes even though she’s tying to cover it up “ Ah I see.. You better go then” She says not looking at him “I promise you it’s an important matter, I rather stay here if it’s not that important.” He says “Yeah, sure” He can sense she doesn’t believe him.

“Look,” He says holding both of her hands “I really want to get to know you more. But the timing isn’t right okay?” She nods averting her eyes from his “Hey, Hey” He says holding her chin so she look into his eyes “I really really enjoy talking to you” He says looking into her eyes “Here, put your number in here. And as soon as the problem is done I’ll contact you” Jun K give her his phone. Even tough it’s a big risk he’s willing to take it for her.

She take in hesitantly and put her number inside. “I’ll talk to you later okay?” he says when she hand him the phone “yeah, sure” afraid that he’ll lose her Jun K take a leap and kiss her cheeks before he go running back to the guys.

Wooyoung run to one of the empty hallway in the building then he look around and there are many open rooms so he look into each and one of them. Then he find junho in one of them sitting by the piano with some girl.

“Come on, just tell me your name” Junho said for the third time to the girl “But it’s suppose to be a mask ball” She says closing her notebook after she finish writing all the part for the song. Junho notice the star sign in each and everything she owned but he didn’t point it out, he’s just curious about her name “And besides, you said it yourself we work in a similar line of work, we’ll cross path again I’m sure.” Junho sigh in defeat “And I wouldn’t miss that hair color anywhere when I met a fellow songwriter” She says playing with his hair.

Junho then lean in and kiss the girl again, he can’t even understand it how can he fall for someone so quickly. Then he heard a cough coming from the door. He can see Wooyoung standing on the door frame “It’s an emergency, we have to go. Everyone is already at the bar where we first split. We better hurry” After that he disappear.

“You have to go..” She says “Yeah, he says is an emergency.” She nods “I need to see you again” Junho says playing with her hair. “You will” She says smiling. He plant her another kiss on he lips “Go on then” She says breaking the kiss from getting too far. Junho then stood up hesitantly scared that he won’t see her again because of his busy schedule. “Bye” She wave smiling at him, despite she feels uneasy letting him go.

Junho made his way to the bar where everyone already gather. “Come on we have to go, Khun’s a mess right now” Taecyeon said pressing the elevator button. “What actually happened?” Junho ask “She got hit by a car while passing the street I think, Call manager hyung so we can get back access to the hospital. We don’t want paparazzi to get into this okay?” Junho nod and quickly dial the number.

The 5 of them quickly split into 2 cars Taecyeon’s and Junho’s car and headed to the hospital. Their manager told them where to park and where to get inside the hospital then they found NichKhun already inside the waiting room.

“Hey guys” He says when he saw the guys they all patted him at the back “How is she?” Jun K ask “Several broken bones and she has head trauma from the crash” Khun sigh his hair is a mess and Khun look like he’s been crying.

Se na is Khun’s girlfriend for almost a year now, she’s a surgeon that Khun one day met in a coffee shop, she love her job and being a doctor Khun is constantly inspired by her. “She’s suppose to come with us to the ball but she had this long operation and I think she’s too tired that she didn’t see the car coming towards her” Khun explain to the guys.

The guys wanted to stay with Khun until Se na wakes up. But their manager told them that they have schedule tomorrow and while Khun is permitted by the company to stay the other has to continue with their schedule tomorrow.

On the way home on Junho’s car while it was quite Wooyoung suddenly remember the girl with Junho earlier “So, Who’s the girl at the piano?” Wooyoung ask. Junho was shocked “You evesdrop didn’t you?” He says while hitting Wooyoung at the shoulder. “She’s pretty” Wooyoung commented “She’s a composer I think, a very talented one”

“So? You didn’t get her number?” Junho shake his head “No, she didn’t even want to tell me her name.” Wooyoung frown “Just tell her yours then, I bet she wouldn’t even think twice”

“That just it, I don’t want her to know me as Junho from 2PM, I want her to know me as me.” He says “Wah, you’re really inspiring you know that?” Wooyoung laugh “Yeah, whatever. I just gotta find her then”