End?

Is this our goodbye?

Kyungsoo didn’t know how or when it happened but he was now listening to people knock at his bedroom door, complaining that they hadn’t seen him in days. Kyungsoo sighed, opening the door, then he was meet with 4 guys, 3 hugging him and another one already moving back down stairs, getting food, and turning the shower on, on his way.
“Sehun get him into the shower, and then bring him down for food, he looks like he hasn’t eaten or cleaned in a few days” Kris called, flicking into “father” mode. They all listened, Sehun sent Tao and Luhan to get clothes, saying he could take care of Kyungsoo.

When they got to the bathroom Sehun stripped Kyungsoo down to his boxers and sat him in the shower, grabbing the handle and spraying his face.
“Ya” Kyungsoo spoke, trying to sound mad but it sounded strained instead.
“He speaks, now what happened? All I know is you haven’t shown up at school or replied to anything in 3 days and Kai is walking around the school in a depressing grump, Chanyeol seems unaffected, I think he has a boyfriend now, and you missed Kai yelling at Chanyeol” Sehun spoke, explaining a few things. Kyungsoo piped up at the news, but then realised Kai must be torn up and he’s been all self worrying for 3 days.
“I messed up, and I don’t think he’d forgive me this time” Kyungsoo cried. Sehun began washing his hair, massaging the product in, knowing it’d calm Kyungsoo a bit.
“Shh…breathe, this is Kai we’re talking about, the guy who once got suspended for a week because he punched a guy for calling you scary, he’ll forgive you” Sehun replied. Kyungsoo shook his head, hugging his knees.
“He told me he loved me, he kissed me…and…and I told him to get out” Kyungsoo cried. Sehun sighed, washing the product out then hugging Kyungsoo, turning the water off.
“It’s gonna be okay, he’ll forgive you…just find a way to make it up to him, he loves you, and you love him…stop putting yourself through hell because you’re jealous or worried about losing him, it’s Kai, remember, the guy who knows all your ups and downs, even when you think he doesn’t” Sehun spoke, as if he knew something Kyungsoo didn’t. Kyungsoo stayed silent for a moment and Sehun took that as an opportunity to get him out of the bath. Sehun sat against the bench, letting Kyungsoo get dressed, and borrowing one of Kyungsoo’s hoodies because he was now wet. “Food’s ready!” Kris yelled through the house. Sehun smiled, ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair with a towel.
“It’s gonna be okay, now lets go eat” Sehun whispered reassuringly. Kyungsoo nodded, offering a small smile and then followed Sehun to the kitchen.

It wasn’t until a large plate of food was placed in front of him did Kyungsoo realised he was starving and missed food, and when his plate was cleared quickly, the others smiled happily.
“Now Kyungsoo, tonight, we’re going to a party, but first you’re going to call Kai, and fix this” Luhan spoke.
“It’s awful, he’s all moppy, but angry, no one wants to be near him, but if you look at him he’s dying inside, he hugged me the other day, ME” Kris spoke, seeming to whine. Kyungsoo smiled a little at the fact he had this much control, but then pouted thinking that was cruel. “Thank you” Kyungsoo spoke. The others just smiled and continued to eat.
After an hour of catching up, telling Kyungsoo about homework that he’d already done or could do easily the guys left and Kyungsoo was left staring at his phone.
“You can do this, you have to do this…just ring the number” Kyungsoo muttered to himself, trying to encourage himself. It took awhile longer till Kyungsoo had his thumb hovering over the  call button.
“Just hit it” Kyungsoo muttered. Taking a deep breath Kyungsoo went to press the button but instead his phone started ringing. Kyungsoo was near tears at the photo, it was Kai calling and the photo was from a year or so ago, Kai had an arm drapped around Kyungsoo, and was kissing his cheek, they were so happy then, they’d been playing at the beach, and later that day Kyungsoo broke his arm and Kai cried more then Kyungsoo did. Smiling slightly Kyungsoo nearly forgot to hit answer, but he quickly slid it across and put the phone to his ear, now wondering what to say.
“I love you” Kyungsoo blurted out, ‘whoo great start, ’ Kyungsoo thought. “Can I come over?” Kai asked after a small silence. Kyungsoo nodded, a blush evident on his face, then he remembered Kai couldn’t see him.
“Yes” Kyungsoo spoke. Kai let out a deep sigh, and Kyungsoo could tell he was smiling. “Good, I’ll be over in a second, I’m bringing chocolate, get Nemo ready” Kai spoke. Kyungsoo smiled, and nodded. “Okay, see you soon then.” Kyungsoo spoke.
“See you soon, also I love you too, but we still need to talk” Kai replied. Kyungsoo hummed in agreement and after a small silence they hung up. Kyungsoo let out a deep breath . “Everythings gonna be okay…it’s Kai, he forgives you…so you better not let him regret it” Kyungsoo told himself, a smile dancing on his lips as he prepared the movie.

Kyungsoo sat on the couch, sprawled out, scrolling through random social media, occasionally playing a game as he waited for Kai. When the doorbell rang Kyungsoo nearly fell of the couch, he threw his phone, fixed his hair and clothes, and suddenly felt a new pool of worry build in his stomach, god he was happy Sohyun had a meeting.
“You gonna let me in Kyungie?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo opened his eyes wide, quickly opening the door. “Sorry, I spaced out” Kyungsoo spoke, looking at Kai. To Kyungsoo Kai looked perfect, he wasn’t in anything special, just a baggy hoodie and sweats, but he still looked amazing. Letting himself in Kai closed the door, putting the bags down and then pulled Kyungsoo into a hug. “I’m so sorry about last time…I just…it felt like the time to say it and I feel like an now…forgive me?” Kai asked, snuggling into Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just smiled, hugging Kai back, enjoying his warmth and familiar touch.
“If you forgive me for being jealous of you and Chanyeol, for acting oddly, for getting mad, for kicking you out, and everything” Kyungsoo replied, letting go of Kai. They both chuckled, seeming to feel awkward and comfortable all at once.
“Shall we get to the lazing?” Kai asked, picking up the bag and heading towards the lounge. Kyungsoo nodded, following and watching Kai collapse onto the couch. Kyungsoo laughed when Kai pouted because Kyungsoo sat at the end of the couch and moved his legs.
“You were meant to snuggle me” Kai whined. Kyungsoo smiled, loving how they could go from their last meeting to this in moments.
“What if I don’t?” Kyungsoo replied, poking his tongue out. Kai frowned, and then smiled, spinning himself around and placing his head on Kyungsoo’s lap. “Then I’ll have to lay here” Kai spoke, looking up at Kyungsoo with a big smile.
“You dork” Kyungsoo chuckled, a hand running through Kai’s hair, a sudden wave of relax sensation running over them both.
“Did you mean it?” Kai asked, looking up at Kyungsoo like a curious puppy.
“Mean what?” Kyungsoo asked, fingers twisting in Kai’s hair.
“All of what you said last time…about hating stuff and…yeah” Kai spoke, looking scared. Kyungsoo let out a deep sigh, remembering every word.
“I did, but I was angry…I didn’t want to believe you, and it was foolish” Kyungsoo replied. Kai just nodded a bit then looked at Kyungsoo with full sincere, care and love.
“I’m sorry I didn’t see it…I should’ve seen it all, I should’ve talked to you and asked about it…I’m so sorry” Kai spoke, eyes getting watery.
“Shh…It’s okay” Kyungsoo comforted, a hand cupping Kai’s cheek and wiping a way a tear that escaped. “It’s all okay, everything I said, sure I was jealous but I didn’t exactly help myself…and I don’t hate any of that because I love you, and it helps you, plus you do so much for me anyway” Kyungsoo continued. Kai sat up, pressing a small kiss to Kyungsoo’s lips.
“I love you too” Kai replied. Kyungsoo smiled, pecking Kai’s lips again.
“Wait, get up” Kyungsoo spoke, pushing Kai to stand. Kai did as told, although he looked confused. Kyungsoo then got up and made Kai lie down on his side, and then Kyungsoo lay beside him, hands holding Kai’s sides as he snuggled into his chest. “Better…you can start the movie” Kyungsoo muttered. Kai laughed, making Kyunsoo shake at the vibrations.
“I like this” Kai replied, arms wrapping around Kyungsoo as he started the movie. Kyungsoo easily drifted off to sleep, listening to a mix of Nemo and Kai’s heartbeat.

———


Kyungsoo got woken up from Kai’s laughter mixed with other familiar voices.
“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo asked in a groggy voice.
“Oh, sorry Kyungie, the guys are here, they said we’re going to a party later” Kai explained, smiling at Kyungsoo.
“Okay…” Kyungsoo answered, to tired to care, and snuggling more into Kai, until it clicked and he looked up at Kai with a blush.
“The guys…” Kyungsoo muttered. Kai nodded. “Hey Kyungsoo” Sehun and Luhan said in unison, a cheeky sense of joy in their voice.
“Hi Kyungsoo, Kris is here but he’s asleep” Tao chuckled. Kyungsoo just sighed, burying his face into Kai’s chest.
“How much do they know?” Kyungsoo asked in a quiet voice, Nemo drowning him out. “That we’re okay and that you’re snuggling me, that’s it” Kai whispered in reply. Kyungsoo nodded, letting out a deep breath.
“You guys should get dressed, we have to leave in like 10 minutes” Sehun announced.
“You didn’t wanna say that sooner?” Kyungsoo groaned, detaching himself from Kai, who pouted, but followed Kyungsoo.

Once the door was closed Kyungsoo pulled off his hoodie, walking towards the wardrobe, Kai following. Kyungsoo didn’t take much mind since he was used to Kai like this.
“Are my clothes still here?” Kai asked, Kyungsoo chuckled, pointing to a draw, it was filled with Kai’s clothes. They both smiled, then got dressed, Kai finishing first as Kyungsoo struggled with his buttons.
“Stupid bits of plastic” Kyungsoo muttered. Kai chuckled, getting up, pushing Kyungsoo’s hands away and buttoning them up.
“There” Kai smiled, fixing Kyungsoo’s collar, placing a tiny peck on his forehead. Kyungsoo smiled, leaning against Kai.
“Are you sure we’re okay?” Kai asked, swaying them slightly.
“I think so…I feel so dumb” Kyungsoo chuckled. Kai frowned, hugging Kyungsoo tighter.
“No, I was being a ” Kai replied. Kyungsoo shook his head, looking up at Kai, staying silent for a bit. “How about we forget it” Kyungsoo suggested. Kai nodded, kissing Kyungsoo’s lips, it was short, sweet, but also felt slow. “Shall we get going?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo nodded, smiling to himself, but something felt odd still, maybe he was just adjusting to the new situation.
“It’s gonna be okay” Kai reassured him, stepping away, but he grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and  laced their fingers together. leading Kyungsoo out of the room.

‘Things are gonna be okay…we’re best friends and maybe something more now, rough patches happen.’ Kyungsoo thought, letting Kai lead him, the party might be fun.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/N: I think this is the end…I’m sorry if you wanted something else or anything like that ^^” Things have been a bit rough lately so yeah…but I was thinking about doing a bonus chapter, maybe about the party or a future thing, thank you for reading and everything <3

-N