Party no more

Is this our goodbye?

Kyungsoo sighed, they’d arrived at the party, and it was time to get out of the car.

“Do I really have to?” Kyungsoo asked, knowing the answer but trying to prolong his fate. Sehun put a hand on Kyungsoo shoulder and squeezed lightly.
“Yes, you have to go into that crowd of drunk, , teens and have some fun.” Sehun chuckled. Kyungsoo sighed, getting out of the car, and slowly walking to the house, Sehun running up behind him and slinging an arm over his shoulder.
“You can do this Kyungie” Sehun giggled, running ahead of Kyungsoo quickly, before getting tackle hugged by Luhan. Kyungsoo giggled, watching as HunHan tried their best not to fall over, arms draped around each other, as they shared loving stares and little kisses, Kyungsoo wasn’t one for romance’s but he always loved seeing his friends this happy, especially in these times.

“Ready Kyungsoo?” Tao called, breaking Kyungsoo out of his thoughts. Kyungsoo nodded, looking to his side, seeing Tao and Kris, fingers intertwined, Kris giving Tao worried glances. Kyungsoo could tell why, Tao wasn’t someone with a lot of body heat, well he had enough, but he got cold, and tonight he was only wearing a button up shirt, which was probably why Kris had a jacket on.

“The ever caring YiFan” Kyungsoo giggled. Tao looked confused well Kris sighed, but smiled lightly when Tao kissed his cheek, realising what was going on. Kyungsoo just smiled, deciding to run ahead and followed HunHan into the rather large house.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo sighed, he wasn’t drunk enough yet, since he’d only had three drinks. Luhan and Sehun were grinding on each other in the middle on the dance floor, Kris and Tao had slipped off to a room, for privacy, and Kyungsoo was wandering around alone.

“Kyungsoo?” Someone in front of Kyungsoo asked. Kyungsoo looked up, it was Kai. Of course Kai was here, it was a party, he was expected to show up, and be grinded on, and then make people ually frustrated before leaving, or being saved by Kyungsoo.

“H-hey” Kyungsoo managed, thanking the loud beat for making it hard for Kai to pick up on his stutter. Kai shuffled closer, nearly touching Kyungsoo, but leaving a small space. Kyungsoo didn’t know why, but he wanted to hug Kai, but he didn’t.

“What are you doing here?” Kai asked, leaning close to Kyungsoo’s ear. Kyungsoo sighed, for two reasons, one because the way Kai said it made it sound like Kyungsoo wasn’t allowed to party, and two because it was loud and hot, and Kyungsoo just sighed, grabbing Kai’s wrist and dragging him through the party.

 

Kyungsoo continued dragging Kai until they were outside. Taking a deep breath Kyungsoo leaned his head against Kai’s chest, not realising what he was doing.

“You okay?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo went wide eyed, realising what he was doing, but when he tried to get away, Kai just wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist.

“Kai, let me go” Kyungsoo growled. Kai did as told and Kyungsoo left, running back thru the party, not bothering to look back at Kai. How could he let himself do that? Why didn’t he just leave Kai in the middle of the party? Why did Kai take hold of his hand? Kyungsoo’s head was spinning and all he wanted to do was go home, so he grabbed his phone and called the only person who would pick him up without asking questions, Sohyun.

 

It wasn’t often Kyungsoo called his sister to pick him up from a party, let alone call her to pick him up, and ask her to go get Kai. Yes Kyungsoo had requested his sister go into the party, grab Kai, and bring him out so they could take him home. Somehow Kai had gotten more drunk since Kyungsoo had left him in the party.

“Kyunggie~ Ar-ae you mads ath meh?” Kai slurred, speaking skill failing. Kyungsoo sighed, pushing Kai into the car, giving his sister an apologetic smile as he climbed in after.

“Kai, put your head out the window” Kyungsoo sighed, opening Kai’s window. Kai smiled like a puppy and looked out the window, but his hand managed to find Kyungsoo’s as he laced their fingers together. Kyungsoo sighed, Kai was drunk he may as well just give in.
 

The drive to Kai’s place wasn’t long and as usual Kai’s parents weren’t home, so Kyungsoo told his sister to go home and he opted to stay with Kai, sending Sehun, LuHan, Kris, and Tao threatening texts before carrying Kai inside.
“Kyungsoo lets cook something like when we were little” Kai giggled. Kyungsoo sighed, pulling Kai away from the kitchen.

“No Jongin, it’s time for you to sleep” Kyungsoo replied, dragging Kai upstairs. Kai pouted and began stomping his way up the stairs.

“Kim Jongin stop that stomping right now!” Kyungsoo nearly yelled, acting like a parent. Kai pouted, but stopped his stomping. Kyungsoo just sighed, thankfully they’d made it to Kai’s room.

 

Kyungsoo managed to get Kai into bed, and somewhat okay, he’d gotten aspirin and water, set it up on Kai’s bedside table along with a note that seemed somewhat caring.

“Kyungsoo, I love you” Kai called out in his sleep. Kyungsoo felt stunned, but brushed it off, going to walk away from Kai’s bed, but instead he was pulled back and into Kai’s bed.
“Don’t leave me” Kai nearly cried. Kyungsoo felt a pain in his chest, but tried to ignore it, pretending everything was okay. This is what Kyungsoo wanted to hear, but not right now, not when he’d been doing so well to not fall for his best friend, this could be anyone, someone could so easily replace Kyungsoo, couldn’t they?

“Please...just stay” Kai whispered. Kyungsoo bit his lip, and shook his head.

“No, I can’t...I’m sorry Jongin” Kyungsoo replied, trying to push away. Kai made a whining noise and pulled Kyungsoo into a kiss. Kyungsoo instantly pushed away, this time managing to get out of the bed.

“Yah~ Kyungie” Kai whined. Kyungsoo quickly tucked Kai into the bed tightly before rushing out of the room, he found himself in a bathroom, wiping tears away from his eyes, before washing his face.
“He’s drunk...he didn’t mean to…” Kyungsoo told himself, more tears falling.

 

Kyungsoo picked up all his stuff, but stopped when he reached the door, he couldn’t leave Kai alone like that, could he? Kyungsoo sighed, turning around and going upstairs, taking another look at Kai. Kyungsoo usually would’ve been ecstatic to be the person he was right now, the person Kai relied on, the person who took care of Kai, and saw him at his worst and best, but all he felt right now was a sense that he could be replaced, a pain he didn’t want, and the bitter idea that this would be his life. Always taking care of Kai, watching as Kai entered a relationship, listening to all of Kai’s stories about this new person in his life and acting like none of it hurt, acting like his heart wasn’t breaking, and then being there when that relationship ended and suddenly Kyungsoo was the main light again, but Kyungsoo always felt guilty for smiling or wanting to cheer when he heard Kai’s relationships had ended or didn’t work out, and now Kyungsoo could see it all, and he hated it.

 

Suddenly there was a hand on his shoulder, breaking him out of thought, it was Kai’s brother Junmyeon, or Suho, Kyungsoo had only bumped into him a few times, but when they were younger Suho would be the one taking care of them, which usually meant making sure Kai didn’t kill them both or break himself. Even though Kyungsoo hadn’t seen Suho often, suho always felt like a brother or parent. It was odd, Suho was so quiet but so comforting.

“Ah, hyung, I was just making sure Kai was okay, I brought him home since he drank too much, as usual” Kyungsoo replied, trying to plaster on something convincing. Suho closed Kai’s door, and pulled Kyungsoo into a hug.

“I knew this would happen” Suho sighed. Kyungsoo felt his tears begin to fall again as he clung on to Suho.

“Hyung it hurts” Kyungsoo cried. Suho nodded, rocking them side to side and rubbing Kyungsoo’s back.
“I know...it’ll get better, he’s an idiot” Suho whispered. Kyungsoo nodded.

“But I love him, I can’t have him, but I love him” Kyungsoo sobbed. Suho sighed, holding Kyungsoo tighter.

 

 

--Fin --

 

A/N: HI this is a short chapter since I don't have a hell of a lot of time and am technically meant to be offline >< But I wanted to give you this, and I just realised I say fin at the end of every chapter when I should just say to be continued or something >< So sorry about that as well, but even though this is short I hoped you enjoyed it and I will be updating next week or the end of this week depending on when I'm free since this is the last week of school for me! Anyway thank you for reading and doing whatever, I'll see you later <3

-N