Feeling better? (Part 2)

Is this our goodbye?

Kyungsoo smiled mind seeming to be cleared as he hugged Kai, but as soon as the other let go…everything came back, and Kyungsoo’s smile fell for a second.
“You okay?” Kai asked, as Kyungsoo moved to let him in.
“Mhm” Kyungsoo managed to reply, a fake smile plastering onto his face. Kai placed a hand over Kyungsoo’s forehead, Kyungsoo looked shocked and stared at Kai. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but blush when Kai moved closer, lips pursed as he thought.
“Do you have a fever or is it me?” Kai asked, stepping back with a smirk. Kyungsoo frowned automatically, he always hid his laughter in moments like these. ‘You, it’s always been you and always will’ Kyungsoo thought, instead settling for a simple glare as he waved away Kai’s hand which earned a laugh from Kai.
“I’m sick, you idiot” Kyungsoo replied. Kai just laughed and hugged Kyungsoo once again.
“Then you need to get better, school is boring without you” Kai sighed, Kyungsoo smiled to himself leaning into the hug, but not actually hugging back. Kai went to say something as the hug broke but another voice interrupted them.
“Kyung, we’re out of shampoo, okay I used the last of it, could you go get more? I have some work to finish” Sohyun spoke, only appearing at the end of the sentence. She was dressed in a baggy hoodie that covered her shorts, her make up gone, and had her fringe tied up cutely on her head.
“Oh you have a friend, I’ll go get dressed” Sohyun said quickly, slightly embarrassed, and not registering who the person was.
“Sohyun ah, it’s meeeee you can stay comfy” Kai chuckled. Sohyun turned quickly, nearly falling over and then stared at the two boys, smiling happily.
“Thank god, it took forever to get this hoodie from Suho” Sohyun chuckled, and then went towards the door.
“You two can stay here I’ll go get shampoo and stuff, be back soon, have fun boys” Sohyun smiled. Kyungsoo and Kai just nodded, smiling at her and waving as she left, then they went to Kyungsoo’s room. Kai instantly went to Kyungsoo’s desk chair, spinning around before looking over the desk. Kyungsoo on the other hand, flopped onto the bed and curled up in his blanket.
“Hey Kyunggie, I’m sorry for what happened at the party…Suho kinda broke and told me what happened when you brought me home, and Kris told me what happened at the party:” Kai sighed, seat faced away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo made a grumbling noise as he moved around in the blanket.
“It’s okay, you were drunk” Kyungsoo replied, truly giving up on caring. Kai let out a sigh before looking over Kyungsoo’s desk finding an old photo of the two of them, they were younger, Kyungsoo had some seen emo thing going on with his hair, but Kai loved it, it was fluffy, and Kai had his hair in a top knot, and he was smiling brightly, well Kyungsoo just stared at him, seeming lost and amazed. Kai grabbed the photo, turning so he was facing Kyungsoo.
“Do you remember this?” Kai asked, showing the photo to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sat up in bed, staring at Kai and then at the photo, a blush taking over as he covered his face.
“My hair…you could make a blanket out of he amount of fringe I had” Kyungsoo whined. Kai just laughed, patting Kyungsoo’s hair.
“It was fluffy, and I mean look at it now” Kai said, seeming amazed by the red. Kyungsoo smiled at that and nodded. “I like it this way” Kyungsoo spoke, seeming to forget why he got this new style. Kai removed his hand and put the picture back.
“Move over~” Kai seemed to comand, as he lifted the blanket away from Kyungsoo, climbing into the bed. Kyungsoo just sighed, moving aside and letting the blanket go.

Once Kai was done getting comfortable they both turned and faced each other, staring silently, both seeming to think over the years, looking at the other’s features, new lines, old ones, scars they remember the story behind, even the difference in their eyes, light that was there before gone, some change, it seemed like they’d had an entire conversation without a single word being uttered.  
“I missed you” Kai mutterd.
“It hasn’t been that long since I last saw you” Kyungsoo replied. “I still missed you” Kai spoke, louder this time. Kyungsoo just nodded, pressing his forehead to Kai’s like he’d done when they were little.
“I’ll be back soon, and anyway you have Chanyeol” Kyungsoo spoke, as much as it pained him to bring the other into the conversation, it was true.
“It’s not the same, he’s not you, he’s not the same” Kai sighed. Kyungsoo frowned, leaning back and looking at Kai.
“I’ll be back soon” Kyungsoo repeated. Kai just sighed, placing a hand on Kyungsoo’s cheek.
“You better be, now tell me what’s really wrong?” Kai sighed, something seeming to change in his eyes. Kyungsoo looked away.
“Everything’s fine, I’m sick that’s all” Kyungsoo spoke. Kai sighed.
“Kyungsoo” Kai seemed to growl. Kyungsoo just frowned, looking Kai in the eyes. Kyungsoo could see everything in Kai’s eyes, and knew he wouldn’t be able to run. “I don’t like Chanyeol, I feel like I’m losing you, but I should be happy because you and him are getting along and it’s cruel of me to be upset, and I don’t want to go to school because watching you two interact is painful, I’d rather be hit by a train and dragged all around Korea than watch it” Kyungsoo spoke quickly before sighing. Kai was silent for a bit before shuffling closer to Kyungsoo and smiling widely.
“Yah! Why didn’t you just say so” Kai chuckled wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist. “Oh yeah, whine to you about the guy I brought in to be friends with, and suddenly I don’t like him anymore, yup not possessive or needy at all” Kyungsoo sighed. Kai just smiled.
“Well then, what don’t you like about him?” Kai asked. This moment made Kyungsoo think, what didn’t he like about Chanyeol…
“He’s too clingy, he gets jealous easy, he doesn’t like Sehun, he’s taking you away from me, he’s too huggy and emotionally draining, he at reading the signs of an uncomfortable person, when I talk to him about not being affectionate or when he feels I’m not smiley enough he seemed to think it’s a problem I have and that he can ‘fix’ me, lots of reasons Jongin” Kyungsoo just sighed. “Can we talk about something else? I’ve discussed this a thousand times in my head, and yes I’ve talked to chanyeol about it, and no it didn’t help, so can we talk about something else? Anything will do” Kyungsoo groaned. Kai just smiled and they were silent again. Kyungsoo was going to say something, but before he could Kai kissed him, a small peck, that shocked Kyungsoo.
“You’re more important” Kai chuckled. Kyungsoo found himself smiling. Kai then leaned in again, kissing Kai once again, this time it wasn’t a small peck, it started off as a soft kiss, Kai lips subtly moving, but as soon as Kyungsoo kissed back, the kiss grew deeper, Kyungsoo found himself nibbling on Kai’s bottom lip, Kai opening his mouth, their tongues didn’t fight for dominance, instead they seemed to dance together, both exploring.

When they broke apart Kyungsoo’s mind flooded with everything at once, it seemed to be yelling at him for forgetting that not too long ago he said he’d give up on Kai, he said he was done with this, but now he went too far. “Umm…” Kai started. Kyungsoo sat up, running a hand threw his hair.
“Do you remember when we were six, and you tried to jump off the tree house?” Kyungsoo asked, changing the subject.
“Uh…yeah, I jumped, you grabbed me, I broke my left arm and you broke your right, then we ended up being each other’s other hand” Kai answered. Kyungsoo nodded.
“When that happened, I wasn’t mad at you, but you kept apologising, and then it got to the point where instead of saying hello you’d say sorry” Kyungsoo said, giving an empty chuckle.
“It went on for a month, and then you got your cast coloured, I got jealous, and ended up making you draw on my cast.” Kai spoke, sitting up with Kyungsoo.
“Yeah…then because of you, I sprained my wrist, put my back out, broke an ankle, and continued getting hurt to help you, but never got mad, then a few years later I had o more broken bones, but then you started asking lots of questions, and by the time we were 15 you said you could tell how I felt by expression, and I said yo-“ Kyungsoo was cut off when Kai finished the sentence.
“It’d be impossible, and then after awhile you said that it was true, but in reality, you were the one who figured out how to read me…look Kyungsoo we need to talk about the kiss” Kai sighed the last part. Kyungsoo just turned to Kai and smiled, eyes turning into crescents, a tears rolling down his cheek. “You don’t” Kyungsoo muttered, going to get off the bed, until Kai pulled him back.
“I don’t what?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo let out a sigh, shaking Kai’s arm off.
“You don’t know what’s going on in my head, you don’t know what’s happening,” Kyungsoo spoke, he’d started it yelling but as more tears started to roll down his cheeks his voice became broken as he continued.
“Y-you…you can’t tell when I’m lying anymore, and you have no clue what I’ve felt the past few months…and most of all, you don’t love me” Kyungsoo finished, pushing himself off the bed. Kai was shocked, he didn’t noticed Kyungsoo was off the bed until he heard the TV turn on. Kai rushed down the hall, Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch, legs hugged tightly to the pillow between them and his chest, tears running down his cheeks, a movie they used to always watch as kids when the other was upset, or they’d had a fight, Pirates of the Caribbean, in reality it was one of Kai’s favorites, they’d seen it when Kai sprained his ankle after a dance practice, the hospital were playing it when the nurse attending to Kai said Kyungsoo could stay the night, so in turn it became a big movie to them.

Kai sat on the couch, leaving space between him and Kyungsoo.
“How long?” Kai asked. Kyungsoo knew what he was talking about, and wipped his eyes.
“A few months…awhile…I seemed to have mastered it” Kyungsoo fake chuckled. Kai’s face was blank, but his eyes were serious, hints on sorrow and anger easily evident to Kyungsoo.
“Why? What’s so bad you couldn’t tell me? What’s so bad you had to lie to me?” Kai asked, tone showing his judgement and anger, although he tried to look calm. Kyungsoo felt a new wave of anger, self hate, and fear.
“Don’t take that tone…it’s not like you noticed…” Kyungsoo bit back. Kai bit his lip so he wouldn’t yell.
“Just tell me what it was” Kai sighed. “I don’t like Chanyeol” Kyungsoo stated, using the simple reason. Kai scoffed, he scoffed and suddenly Kyungsoo was angry, even though his mind told him he would regret it he snapped.
“Really Kai, you’re gonna scoff and get pissy, well if you want a better ing reason then here; I don’t like Chanyeol, I don’t like being your lap dog, always picking you up from parties, saving you from bad situations, taking all the people throw at me for being Jongin’s friend, I don’t like watching you break away from me, I get jealous, I don’t like how huggy you are with him, the fact thaat I can break as many times as possible and you don’t notice a thing, I hate the fact that I love you, I hate the amount of times I’ve cried at night because I love you, I hate being me, I hate being….I hate being…” Kyungsoo stopped, he couldn’t yell anymore, he was tired again, drained, he dropped his pillow and stood up, walking to the door and holding it open. “Get out…” He muttered. Kai didn’t budge, just turned to face Kyungsoo, shock on his face, mixed with anger and a few tears slowly going down his cheeks.
“We need to talk” Kai tried.
“No…you need to get out of my house…I don’t wanna talk to you, I don’t want to see you, just get out of my house” Kyungsoo spoke, keeping a monotone voice. Kai didn’t want to fight back, he grabbed his stuff from the hall and left, just like that he was gone, Kyungsoo closed the door, turning off the TV, all the lights and went back up stairs, as soon as his door closed he collapsed against the wall beside it, back slowly sliding down as he came to hug his legs.
“Good job Kyungsoo, he admits he loves you, tries to convince you it’s true, and rather then falling, you push him away…doing great” Kyungsoo sighed, his head falling so his forehead hit his knees.

 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

I'm back to updating...life..homework....GAH...anyway 2 more chapters... :3 Thanks to anyone still here X3 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and it's been awhile since I've done one of these XD So hopefully see you in the next one

-N