boyfriend - unfinished

winter to summer

boyfriend


720w, idol!AU

note: this was written last year when Bomi's web drama was airing. It's unfinished, but since I don't have anything new I thought I could share it.

Also, it's in the same universe as 'distance does matter'

 

 

 

Bomi’s phone rings when she’s in the middle of memorizing her script at her dorm, and the screen show a number she doesn’t save, making her contemplating for a moment whether to take the call or not. But since she starts shooting for her web-drama, different staffs had been calling her for various matters, so Bomi decides to pick it up.

 

“Hello?” she says, careful and so ready to hang up if it’s another ert sasaeng who likes to ask weird questions. She loathes those calls.

 

“Yoon Bomi!” the caller shouts to the receiver and it’s definitely not a sasaeng since Bomi recognizes the voice, deeper and more soothing on the phone. “Am I your boyfriend or not?”

 

“What? Oppa?” Bomi checks the phone’s screen once again, making sure that it’s not ‘ㅊ’ on display. “What—Whose number is this?”

 

“Mine.” He coughs, he did tell her that he has a mild inflammation, the result of flying back and forth between South Korea, China, and Japan for his concerts. Bomi furrows her eyebrows in worry, sitting up straight now. “Bought a new local number. The fans kept on calling and I’m tired.” He coughs again. “So I change the card.”

 

“Are you alright? Where are you? Still shooting?” she asks, trying to picture his attires, his attitudes, his surrounding, his smile…

 

His everything.

 

“Just entered the hotel room ten minutes ago.” Bomi can hear the rustling sheets followed by a long sigh. “I’m tired…”

 

Bomi’s tone is softer when she asks, “What about shower? And have you taken your medicine?”

 

She wishes; she wishes she doesn’t have to take this phone call, she wishes she doesn’t have to ask. She wishes she could be there, or he’s here, so she could take care of him, so she could hold him and never let go. 

 

Distance, Bomi realizes, makes her stupidly sappy.

 

“Already washed up,” his voice goes throaty again and he clears his throat. “And yes to the medicine too. I can’t get sick now. And you too… It’s getting cold isn’t it? Wear warm clothes, stop using shorts on the airport.”

 

She draws random pattern on the couch she’s sitting at. The dorm is empty since the members are out for individual schedule or practicing at the company.

 

“… So you searched up my photos,” she says, not accusing, more like amused. It’s not that she doesn’t look up for his photos herself, but it’s not something that she would willingly admit.

 

He coughs harder and Bomi furrows her eyebrows deeper. “So—So what!” he sputters through the line and Bomi chuckles after she realizes that he coughed because he’s taken aback, not because of his inflammation. “Am I not your boyfriend, of course I look up for your photos… You look cute with the apple hair, I like it.”

 

Her boyfriend is always, so open, so eager, so straightforward with his feelings, sometimes it makes Bomi doesn’t know what to say. She’s Yoon Bomi, she’s not APink’s Bomi who’s loud and shameless. She doesn’t smile and makes a fool out of herself all the time.

 

“Anyway,” his voice drags her back to the present, “Back to the topic. I’m your boyfriend, but how could you didn’t tell me?” He sounds like he’s holding himself back from whining.

 

“Huh? Tell you what, Oppa?” Bomi tries to remember all the things happened since their last phone call. Sure they didn’t contact each other that often with their packed schedules – when he’s free she’s shooting her drama, when she’s free he’s out somewhere for yet another interview, photoshoot, or rounds of practice – but Bomi makes sure to inform him of every important matters. 

 

Commitment is hard.

 

Commitment between two idols is harder.

 

“That you have a kiss scene with Minwoo Hyung!” he doesn’t bother pretending now, completely whining. “He texted me and he said he apologized for kissing you!”

 

Bomi blinks. She remembered the shoot they took yesterday, between her and her co-star Park Minwoo, at the car. “But… he didn’t?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I mean, yes, there’s a kiss scene. I thought he’s going to kiss me, but he didn’t. It’s just the angle, he didn’t actually kiss me.”

 

“Ah… Is that so?” he says, sounding so relieved that it actually makes Bomi chuckles.

 

She really, really likes this guy.

 

It’s stupid.

 


 

 

hello. i miss you