in the morning

winter to summer

in the morning


536w, domestic!AU

 

Even though Chanyeol often wakes up in the middle of the night and works on his songs until late, somehow he still manages to wake up earlier than Bomi. Bomi wonders about the fact – but as long as Chanyeol doesn’t force her to wake up at the same time as him, everything’s cool.

 

Except Chanyeol does try, from time to time, bugging her with various ways – the worst is taking away the pillows and the blanket, while the best is peppering her with kisses, in her face, in her neck, in her tummy – until Bomi is awake and unable goes back to sleep.

 

Sometimes he does succeed, sometimes he does not, because Bomi does try, too, to make him stays longer in bed. She would pull him close, hugging his waist and pulling the blanket over their heads, and she would rest her head on his chest, making him unable to leave.

 

Because the blanket is warm but Chanyeol is warmer and better.
 

On the days when both of them don’t try, Chanyeol goes to the kitchen, puts on the white apron – the red one is Bomi’s – and he will cook the breakfast. Chanyeol loves cooking and he doesn’t mind doing it every morning, especially since his beloved lady is not a morning person. Dinner, on the other hand, is Bomi’s area, although Chanyeol does help at times.
 

Bomi will wake up and finishes shower right on time for breakfast. Then it’s Chanyeol’s turn to take a shower while Bomi washes the utensils and prepares the table, also packs the lunchboxes for them both. His box always has more portion than hers – and it also has a note on it, like, ‘Eat me well! ;)’ or ‘Take a break, eat, and message me!’, or just a simple, ‘I love you, fighting!’
 

Sometimes Bomi will sneak in into the shower.
 

And they will be late, eat in a rush or even skip it completely, bringing extra lunch instead.
 

But other times they enjoy their breakfast with morning news and coffee, chatting about work and what they didn’t get to say at night before bed, telling the other about their plan for the day.
 

Then they dress up for work, Bomi aks Chanyeol’s opinion about which blouse should she pairs up with the skirt, and Chanyeol has a favorite heels because it makes Bomi’s legs look longer. He’s more than capable to do it himself but Chanyeol lets Bomi takes care of his tie, even though she needs to tiptoe or he needs to spread his long legs so she can reach his neck comfortably.  
 

He gets a kiss after, so it’s worth it.
 

Chanyeol makes sure they already turn off the gas and all the lights, Bomi makes sure Chanyeol already bring his lunch, together they walk out from their apartment, and Chanyeol would lock the door.
 

They can’t afford a car just yet and their offices are in the opposite direction, so they have to take different lines, still Chanyeol walks Bomi to her subway if he has the time.
 

They’ll part when Bomi’s train comes, but not before sharing one last kiss for the morning – until later they’ll meet again after work; in the night.
 
 


 


 
I didn't write anything for days and I get scared I'll go back to a slump so I force myself to write this.

Why I keep on writing domestic fluff in this collection, grosss. 


Thank you for reading!