Firework

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Firework 

Friday morning. Some days has been passed since that night. Now the relationship between Jiyong and Yoni is improving a lot. He's now all around her, and she's happy to see that for the first time, her daddy is paying attention to her and shows his affection.

'Can't you just leave those folders on my desk? I will revise them when I come to the office.' Jiyong passes his hand off his hair, losing his patience. He won't come to the office today because he has some things to do..

'No, I can't come today. Youngbae and Seungri won't come neither...Don't ask so many questions. You better just focus on doing what I told you.' he now hangs up the phone. 'Useless.' This makes him once more time to want to hire his secretary. He was about to dial another number and assigns things to do for today since nobody knows that to do when he feel something... or someone, being attached of his leg.

'Good morning daddy.' Yoni sweetly says, lifting up her head to see him.

Jiyong puts the phone back in his jacket and lows down, taking her in his arms.

'Good morning baby.' he walks with her at the table and helps her to sit on the chair. 'Have your breakfast, you'll need it for today.'

She's already wearing her suit, composed by a T-shirt and shorts and her shoes. Today is the running competition.

'Will you come with me?' she asks him, while starts eating.

'Of course. And your uncles and aunties will come too.' Now he takes a sit beside her. Even though he wouldn't eat, he sits with her whenever he's around.

'Uncle Seungri started to shout and jump the last time.'

She remembers the last time when she won the competition, Seungri was jumping in his sit like crazy, telling everyone around him that he's her uncle. He even wears a T-shirt with her name on it and bought confetti.

'It's typical from him.. He did the same on his first day of job.'

Yoni agrees and focuses on her food.. Although, there's some thing which she needs to know. Now the girl found out more things about her mother thanks to the stories that her father is telling her but this doesn't removes her wish, she wants her mother to be here with them. It's totally unavoidable.

'Daddy, you've said that mommy liked running too, right?'

Jiyong nods slowly his head, worrying again her questions. She's making too many questions about Chaerin and he's afraid that the answers might hurt her. Those details and stories feed her wish to meet her someday.. And, right now, her wish may be never fulfilled.. It's hurt him but he can't promise her anything about it..

'Then, do you think that mommy would be proud of me if I win again?'

'Yes, she would be proud of you anyways.'

Last night, he felt the urge to ask his mom's about Yoni's performances. Mrs.Kwon told him that she begins to run at school,as a game, then she participated to the competition because she really wanted to win. She also participated to poetry competitions, when the children has to recite their favourite poems, and this time she won the second prize.. Her teacher told that she's very creative and smart,for example, she already knows a part of english alphabet, while her classmates don't. Jiyong was amazed! Not even him could do these things when he was four.

'Don't you eat, daddy?' her voice made him come back to the reality.

'Only if you feed me.' He smirks at her and then opens his mouth waiting for her to feed him. Yoni takes a piece but when she was about to feed him, he went faster and takes the piece from her with his mouth.

'Daddy cheated!'

'Huh? Daddy doesn't cheat!'

'You did.'

'Fine, try to feed daddy again.'

He opens his mouth again but this time nothing happened.

'No, you've already eaten.' Yoni finishes her food and stands up from the chair. Jiyong smiles, shaking his head and goes for her rucksack since it's time to go. This time, the road is not silent anymore. Jiyong begins to open to her more and more.

For this reason, his parents are finally pleasant. Last night when his mother texted him, he just sent her a photo of him kissing his daughter's cheek.
Finally, they reach the stadium. There are Seungri, Youngbae, Dara, Minzy, Bom, Daesung and even Top. Seungri is wearing his shirt with Yoni's name of it and her number, which is XIII, like always.

'Ready for the competition?' Dara asks the little girl, hugging her.

'Let's win again, Yoni-yah!' Seungri says putting up his confetti. They all shakes their head, Seungri was the main 'attention distracting' the last time.

'I want you all to come to our house tonight. There's been a time since we last celebrated something together.' Youngbae announces , and they all agree at him.

'We're celebrating Jiyong's return to the reality.' Seungri says again and Jiyong hits his head.

'Shut up you brat!'

'We better sit down, I don't want to lose anything.' Daesung takes his popcorn and juice in his hand, while he's leading the way.

Meanwhile, Yoni walks to Daniel which is getting ready for the competition too. As soon as he sees her, he runs to give her a hug then puts out a little chocolate cookie from his shorts.

'Take it, it may help you to feel better, so you can win again.' 

'Thank you oppa.' She smiles again, removing the plastic from the cookie. Daniel is always like this, he brings sweet things but he never wants to eat them.

'I thought that you like strawberry more, but I only find this one, so...' He tries to explain but she cuts his phrase.

'This one is good too, oppa.' she smiles at him, so does he.  

'Yoni-yah, did your parents come today?' Kyung approaches them with his arrogant smile on his face. This kid, like he has nothing better to do...

'Yes! Now, get out!' Yoni says, but Kyung only walks closer to her.

'Yeah, right.. It's a lie again. I bet they are busy. Don't expect too much.'

'Stop being mean to her! You don't know anything, anyways she will win.'

'They won't see her win, because she won't win today.' Kyung raises his leg a little bit, wanting to put it in between hers, and makes her fall on the ground but Daniel pushes him before he can do anything.. Kyung stands up angry and pushes Daniel harder, who falls on his arm.. and hurts it.

'Don't hurt him!' Yoni helps Daniel to get out but of course, his arm hurts right now.

'Are you okay, oppa?' she caresses his arm softly, while Kyung just stares, being angrier than before. Why can't Yoni treat him this way as well? Since the last year, he tries to play with her, to get her attention and when he finally did, they played fotball together.. When she won, she just run to this Daniel boy... And he felt bad so he started to mess up with her so she will feel bad too.

'Whatever, he's not this good at running anyways.' Kyung scoffs and walks away from them.

'I'm okay, Yoni-yah.. don't worry about me.' 

'But it should be me..Now oppa can't run.' 

'At least, you can. Now you should go, the competition will start soon.' 

Yoni nods slowly, feeling bad for her friend, she knows that it should be her which should get hurt.. 

'Promise me that you'll win!' Daniel says before going back to his sit.

'I promise oppa.' after giving him a last hug, she went to the start line. Kyung only watches her and rolls his eyes. He knows, she's good at it even though she's a girl. His father always complain about this girl winning over his son...

START! The competition started and after about 15 minutes, Yoni could see how Kyung is trying hard to leave her behind so she starts to run even faster than before. She only thinks that the boy hates her but then she remembers what he did to Daniel before and convinces herself that she mustn't let her win over her.

Some minutes later the competition is about to end..

'Hyung, she's going to reach the line!!' Seungri says to Jiyong which is recording everything with his phone.

Top removes his 3D glasses and looks at the stadium.

'She did it!'

Yoni reaches the line first, and Kyung the second. Like the last time.. After she got her trophy the girl runs to her 'special supporters'.

'You're a crack, girl!' Daesung says to her when she was getting closer to them.

'I'm a happy uncle!'

'I'm so proud!' Jiyong says, taking her in his arms. She smiles at him, forgetting about all the nerves she had before, knowing that her daddy is here for the first time supporting her. The other times, when she won, she was always hoping that he will come at least some seconds.

'Thank you daddy.'

As soon as she could, she went to Daniel too which was sitting on one sit. Now his arm was bandaged.

'I know you can do it, Yoni-yah!' he happily says to her when she shows him the trophy.

'How do you feel, oppa? Does it hurts?' she wanted to touch his arm again but was afraid to not hurt him, so she didn't.

'My mom said that it will be fine in some days. My brother had it worse many and he's alive, so there's nothing to worry.'

'I will bring you chocolate, so you'll feel much better.'

'I already feel better. I like your hugs.' 

Daniel smiles at her once more time and Yoni blushes.. Her friend knows how to make her feel better. They love to share things with each other and play together. 

'It's good that your daddy finally came. Then, that Kyung can finally shut up.' 

'I'm happy too.. my daddy said that he's proud of me. And mommy is proud as well.' 

They keep talking for a lot of times .Yoni told him what happened and how her daddy is around her now. Daniel is happy for her knowing that she was sad and cries many times before. He was trying to help her, but his mother explained him that he can't do anything to bring her parents back as he wishes to do. On Christmas, on the mall was a box mail when children could give their letters for Santa Claus. Daniel's big brother helped them to write their letters. Yoni wanted her parents and Daniel put away his wish for a new play station, he wrote the same thing as his friend.

'How you could lose again over that girl, son?' Mr.Park scolds his son as they are walking fastly towards the two children. He really wants to meet that girl.

'I've told you dad.. I tried, but she's faster than me.' Kyung explains again.

'This can't be! You are more prepared than her! I hired the best coaches for you!'

Kyung lets go his father's hand and walks closer to his classmates.

'You girl won again! My father is angry now.' Kyung says, feeling bad.

'How many hours have you trained?' Mr. Park asks Yoni, observing her attentively . It bothers him to know that this girl is better than his own son. 'You always take the first prize away from my son.'

'Agree!' 

'Beside, you're a girl.. You shouldn't give your performances too far..' 

'Is there any problem Mr. Park?' Jiyong appears behind them, making Mr. Park to stop speaking.. 

He was looking for his daughter since they has to go and then he saw them.. and he knew that something is going on there. And he didn't like what he heard. 

'Oh.. Mr. Kwon.. What a surprise, I didn't expect to meet you here.' Mr.Park is speechless.. it was totally a surprise for him. 'You'll see, my son won the second prize again, and I consider that it was unfair, so I decided to make it clear..' He tries to explain but seeing Jiyong's dark gaze, he's being confused. 

'I'll make it clear for you, instead.. If you dare to approach my daughter ever again, you'll be sorry.' 

'Daughter?' he looks at Yoni and then to Jiyong again. 'Excuse me, have you said..' 

'She's my daughter. I totally dislike the way you talked to her moments ago. If your son didn't win, it's his fault. You should teach him how to win, without blaming others.' 

'Sure, I agree Mr. Kwon. It was a mistake, I apologize...'

'I don't need you to apologize. You can forget about our deals.'

'What? Don't take it too serious, they are just children...' Mr. Park doesn't know how to save the situation now. Jiyong is one of the best producers and he need to make deals with him. Kyung told him that she doesn't have parents, that they abandoned her so he thought that it will be easy to make her give up. But now, seeing who is actually her father...

'Did you say that it's not serious? For me, it is. You better look over your son, if I find out that something happen to my daughter because of him or because of you..'

'Don't worry sir, it won't happen again.' this time he's the one who cuts Jiyong's phrase. He knows that he might be in trouble, he knows how cold can be this dragon when he's not in the mood. Taking his son's hand he walks away.

'But dad, you've said that you'll take care of it..' Kyung protest but this time, his father express his anger with him.

'The second prize is not so bad.. You should choose another hobby..'

Jiyong gets closer to Yoni who was just staring at him. He kneels down, caressing her cheek.

'It's fine baby, you deserved the prize. And that brat won't come any closer to you again.'

'Mr. Kwon, I'll look after Yoni and tell you if something happens. Trust me, I'm good at it.' Daniel says to Jiyong who now turns his head around to face the cute little boy.

'Daddy, he's my oppa.'  Yoni introduces Daniel to Jiyong who is just looking at the boy..

'My name is Daniel, sir.. And I'll take care of her.' 

'Okay, I trust you. You look quite determinated to do it, little man.' 

Daniel extended his hand to Jiyong.

'It was a pleasure to make deals with you, Mr. Kwon.' 

Jiyong takes his hand, making the boy smiles. 

'Alright, we should go now Yoni-yah.. Nice to meet you, Daniel.' 

'Nice to meet you too, sir.' 

'Good bye oppa. Get better soon.' 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter