Part of us

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part of us 

08:09 am....08:10 am.. 08:10 am...
Jiyong checks the hours over and over again.. A new day and he has to go but this time Yoni didn't get out of her room. She is supposed to be here now. After what happened some nights ago he couldn't sleep at all. He can't forget how his daughter was shaking in his arms..

And now that she hasn't left her room it's making him worrying even more about her. Jiyong decides to go to her room but before entering it he starts to figure that maybe she doesn't want to see him. Maybe she's mad at him... Gosh, he knew that this isn't a good idea from the very beginning..

'Yoni-yah.. We have to go now.' he tries to sound casual right now.. Today he was going to let her stay at his parents house.. Even thought he is aware that they will scold him for his lack of responsibility, but it was better for her to stay there. His parents would take care of her.

There's no answers from her...

Jiyong knocks at the door...

'We're going to grandma's house..' Jiyong tells again but nothing. Is she this mad at him that she can't even give him an answer? 

'Yahh! Answer me! I'm going in!'

'Are you this mad at me that you can't even....' 

Feeling the same agony, Jiyong finally enters her room but stops.. Yoni is laying in her bed, covered with her blankets and holding the rilakkuma tight.. She's not sleeping, but she looks so weak. 

Jiyong approaches her and touches her forehead.. The little girl is burning and sweating.

'You're sick.' he almost whispers and, without controlling it, he starts to worrying her even more. What is he supposed to do now? He has never took care of a child moreover in a situation like this.
Remember... what used his mom to do to him when he was sick? Checking the temperature? Well, not bad..Jiyong came back to the room with the thermometer and places it under her underarm.

'When did you get like this? Why didn't you told me?'

Stupid questions but he needs to know the answers... without waiting more, Jiyong takes his phone and dials a number.

'You better have something to say now..' Teddy answers from the other line.

'Hyung! I need your help.. Let's say that you have a child there. What will you do if the child is sick?'

'Where do you think am I right now? At the kindergarten? I'm a producer, not a nanny.'

'Are you even helping me?'

'Jiyong, I am at..'

This time Teddy can't even finish his sentence because Jiyong cuts him.

'My daughter is sick! So get your here!'

Jiyong really needs help this time and Teddy is the only one who can come right now.. Approaching the bed, he takes the thermometer and observes it.. She has fever.

'Kwon, you're so dead..'

He takes a chair and sits near the bed, then texting fastly to this secretary telling her that he won't come today at the office. Seeing Yoni like this, he knows that it's impossible to leave her here.
Having his phone in his hand, he decides to google some solutions 'what to do when a child get sick' and takes note of everything is written there. A lot of screencaps are fulling his gallery right now.Quickly he goes for a water compress and a big glass of fresh water, and on his way he decides to call the doctor.

Coming back to the room, he sees Yoni trying hard to go out of the bed because her rilakkuma fell down on the floor.

'Yah! What are you doing? Go back to bed, now!' 

'Daddy...' even her voice sounds weak enough.

'I've said now! I'll take the bear for you.' 

Yoni gets under the blankets again when Jiyong gives her the bear. He puts the compress on her forehead and makes her drink the water so she will avoid to dehydrate.
When someone rang to the door, Jiyong went to open it. It was Teddy, who, apparently, decided to help him. Strange thing, usually Teddy would let him deal with it by himself and learn how to do it right.

'Hyung! You came!' Suddenly, Jiyong starts to feel a bit relieved.

'I'm not here for you. You told me that your daughter is sick, so I came here to make sure that you won't do anything bad.' 

Whatever is the reason.. he's here now. They go to Yoni's room, she is still in her bed, hugging her bear. 

'Hey sweetie! My name is Teddy, I don't think you remember me.. I'm your mother's true love.' Teddy says, knowing that this will annoy Jiyong and he loves it.. Actually, since the day when Chaerin said that Teddy was her ideal man for a long time before meeting Jiyong, he still teasing about it. But of course, Teddy has his wife and wants to make his own family now.

'What do you think you're doing?' Positive. He's annoyed now. Teddy smirked at him, speaking again to the baby girl.

'The truth is always hard to accept.'

'Say again and I'll throw you out from the window.'

'Is him always this nice to everyone? Baby, I don't know how can you live with him.'  Teddy seems to ignore what Jiyong is saying and focuses on Yoni.. She smiles lightly at him.

Time later, the doctor came at the home and checked the girl's actual condition. She got a cold because of the rain from the other day when she stayed for a long time with her wet clothes on. It's nothing serious, she just have to stay warm at home for some days and take the medicines. 

'See.. There's any injections.' Teddy tells Yoni because before the doctor came she told him that the injections scare her. 

'This is good.' 

'Ji, where are you going?' Teddy asks, seeing how Jiyong is putting his jacket on ready to leave the room and eventually, the house.

'Pharmacy.' Jiyong shortly answers and turns around to face him before leaving. 'Stay here with her, I'll be right back.' He closes the door behind him.
Teddy sighs at his cold attitude towards Yoni.. Jiyong doesn't show any emotions in front of her and this is what the girl needs.. Sadly, her mother is not here, but this is the fate. But her father it is, and he's just acting stubborn.

'Uncle.. Did you meet my mommy before?' Yoni asks Teddy and he smiles, sitting beside her on the bed.

'Yes, I did.. We used to be neighbors, I know her since she was a teen, she was like a little sister for me. But her family had to move in Paris and I didn't see her anymore. This is not the end, although.. I started to work as a producer and this is how I met your dad and saw Chaerin again.. Seems like they were dating this time.'

'They say that my mommy was a good person.. I know that she was funny, lovely and talented..' Yoni remembers every word people said about her mother when she asked for it.
Somehow, Teddy can feels her pain. It's not easy for her, it's too much for a child.

'You know baby.. Your father deeply loved your mother. They were inseparable.. It was hard since the beginning but..'

'Daddy doesn't want me..' the little girl cuts his phrase, making him stare at her.
 

This was really a tiring day. Yoni is still at the runway, training for the running competition the next week with the other children. She loves to run and practice any kind of sports.. She even play football with the boys sometimes even thought the sport teacher tells her many times that she should play with the girls, indeed.

When the training was over, Yoni picked up her things and went out waiting for her uncle Seungri to pick her up because he told her to wait for him.

'Yoni-yah.. Still waiting for your parents?' a boy named Kyung walks towards her. Since she won the football match last time, he's rude to her.

'It's not your problem.'

'They won't come.. Say it, they would never come for you. I've never seen them, nor they haven't come to watch you. You're always alone.'

'She's not alone!' Daniel says approaching them. Daniel is Yoni's classmate. They use to play together, and actually, Daniel is her best friend, the one who defends her when someone is trying to mess up with her. The boy came to Korea two years ago, he is half american, because of his father.

'Her parents abandoned her!' Kyung shouts at them and Yoni really feels like crying now.. Daniel notices it and pushes Kyung until he fall down on the ground.

'No, they haven't. They are just busy.' Daniel shouts too and Kyung just laughs at him.

'This is a lie they told her. This is what my mother tells to my father when she doesn't want to see him. It's only a lie..'

A lie? Then this is truth.. her daddy doesn't want her. Yoni can feels her tears on her cheeks.

'Look what you've done! You've made her cry!'

Yoni hugs Daniel still crying. Kyung stands up from the ground.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter