The same day and the same feelings

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The same day and the same feelings

19th August - 4 years ago

Jiyong is sitting hopeless on one of the uncomfortable chair. He can feel the breeze made by the door when it is open or close by the people in the hospital. The smell of the medicines and this kind of toxic stuff can be felt everywhere.. 
This night was supposed to be the most beautiful night but instead of a dream it turned out to be a nightmare. A real nightmare. Or at least this is how it feels for him.
From his head there's a lot of memories.. He can remember perfectly the day when they met, the day when they started dating, the day when they moved in together, the day when he proposed to her and when they got married, the day when she told him about her pregnancy and now he will remember the day when their baby has born and his beloved wife has 'fallen' into a deep comatose without end.
When Chaerin was three months pregnant, they found out that there's a possibility for her to die if she decides to give birth to the baby.. 

Months ago..
It seems like the world is going to end for them. Both, Jiyong and Chaerin, are in the doctor's office listening.. Just listening. Chaerin hadn't felt good the last week, she was more tired than usual but the real problems started when she started to bleed and vomit blood steadily. 

'Now the decision is yours... I will let you talk now, please don't be late, we need to start the treatment as soon as possible.' the doctor says and gets out of the room, letting the couple talk. 

They need to choose now.. Chaerin or the baby.. If they choose to keep the baby, Chaerin can die after the child birth or, in the most slight case, to fall into a comatose.. But this is the problem, they don't know if the treatment will solve anything. On the other hand, if they choose Chaerin, she will have to abort and gives up on her dream to become a mother someday, because of the treatment and the surgery she will get, she won't be able to get pregnant.. ever again.

Chaerin is sitting on the chair, with her hands on her tummy, like trying to protect it. Jiyong sits in front of her and get on his knees to see his beautiful wife better.

'Chae... It's okay if we won't have any child in the future. I understand..' he carefully says trying to take her hand into his but Chaerin suddenly looks at him and stands up.

'Are you kidding me right now Jiyong? How can you been this selfish?' Chaerin almost shouts.. she can't hold back her emotions right now.

'Selfish? You can die Chae!!' Jiyong himself feels like dying right now. Only the thought of him living without her kills him inside. 

'I know.. But at least, he or she will have the chance to live.' She takes her tummy again and turns around to face her husband.

'You're the most important to me! I don't want to lose you!' 

'And I don't want to lose my baby! Look Ji..' now Chaerin approaches him, she can see his eyes being wet. 

'Before I die I want to know how it feels to become a mother.. I want to feel my baby moving inside me, to listen his heart beating, I want to give birth to him oppa.. I want him to live! If I take him away this chance I will never forgive myself. I will never live in peace.' 

Jiyong cups her face in his hands and stares at her eyes deeply.

'I love you Chae! All I ever wanted was to be with you forever. If you ask me about my choice, this is you! I need you in my life.' 

Chaerin gives him a small smile wanting to give him a little hope. 

'I love you too! But I also love my baby and I want him to see the world.'

'Loving me? Are you even care about me?' Now he explodes in front of her. She is about to leave him forever and she tells him that she loves him.. How ?

'Of course I do oppa. I already made my choice.'

'You can't leave me like this...' without holding it anymore, a tear falls down from his eyes. Chaerin notices it and kisses his cheek then caresses it softly.

'I now you can do it oppa. You will be a great father. Our baby will be lucky to have you..'

 

Jiyong sighs remembering his wife's words.. Since that day everything felt wrong..Chaerin was strong, she was acting like nothing bad is going to happen but him? Jiyong couldn't stand the fact that the end is getting closer and closer. Maybe he is not strong enough to overcome it. 
He was trying in every way he could to make her change her mind.. Telling her that it doesn't matter if they won't have a child but nothing. He even thought about making her abort the baby but he stops when he realized that maybe Chaerin would never forgive him if she knew.

Yesterday was his birthday and they celebrate it with a party inviting their close friends and families. He thought that they can stop thinking about the danger for a while but it was impossible. Chaerin started to feel the contractions and yes.. they all know how is this going to end. 

'Take care of her... I love you!' These were Chaerin's last words before getting inside the delivery room. 

At his 23 years old, Jiyong feels like his life is over now.. He lost the person he loves

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter