Another beginning

Irreplaceable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another beginning

'Come on Ji, is not that bad.' Youngbae tells his bestfriend while they are walking from the hall. They were friends since their childhood, they went to the same university and now they are both working as producers for a big company.

'When you called me last night I thought that the world is going to end for sure.'

Jiyong is now leafing through a magazine, not really listening to Youngbae. Actually his friend is his source of information about Yoni. Without even asking him, he would tell him everything about his daughter.. And Jiyong would make like he's not listening to him, like he always does.

'This is the worse thing can happen to me right now Bae..' Jiyong finally speaks before approaching his secretary and places the magazine on her desk.

'Take your day off..' Jiyong coldly says to her. The lady puts down her phone and looks at him. She knows that when the dragon is not on the mood, you just have to obey him and nothing more.

'Do you have children right?' he asks her again and she nods.. At the beginning the poor women was just trying to recall what has she done wrong the last days.

'Yes s-sir.. I have three children.'

'Good.. Then take this magazine and buy some girl stuff. Then call the decoration team and tell them to install everything in a room in my house. You'll know which room is it.'

The lady looks speechless at him.. What is him talking about? Then her gaze finds the magazine and yes, it's a magazine about children stuff, especially stuff for babies girls.

'But sir...'

Now the question is.. Why would her boss want to buy babies stuff? Beside from his close friends no one know that he has a daughter, he never talkes about her with anybody. 

'Is there anything else you want to say?' the same cold voice which is able to scare the people around him. The lady excuses herself and takes the magazine to start making the calls. 

Youngbae shakes his head watching his friend going to the meeting room. He is now making scenes in his mind about Jiyong living with Yoni.. It is a good opportunity for them to spend time together but knowing Jiyong he is also a little scare about how rude is going to be to the little girl.  Since Chaerin has fallen into the comatose, Jiyong become extremly cold to the people, especially to his daughter. If only he would understand that the baby hasn't any fault..

 

In the meeting room there were another two men who come to talk about the new project. They want them to produce some songs for the new film project. 

'Sorry, I'm late.' Seungri says entering the room in the middle of the talk. Jiyong stops watching him and sighs. Is not the first time when Seungri is late for something. He is his personal assistent and he should be there on time.

'Take a sit.' one of the men tells him and Seungri sits beside Jiyong placing a big pink box on the desk.. 

'Thank you.. I'm sorry, but I had to buy a gift for my niece. Yesterday was her birthday and because of my rude boss right here...' 
Seungri stops when Jiyong punches his feet from under the desk. Then he throws him the 'you're dead.' look.

'Actually, I was thinking about recording a programme for babies.. You know, like a little house when they can have a meal, do homework and just play together.' the man says to them and his assistent takes a note of that.

'Let's just talk about the details for now..' Jiyong sugests and they go back to their conversation.

All the meeting Jiyong could only see the pink box in front of him.. How could Seungri buy something like this? This guy must be out of his minds. 

'It was a pleasure to make deal with you..' the man stands up and shakes hands with him. 'I hope you're niece will like the gifs, Mr. Lee.' 

'Thank you Mr. Park. I hope so.' 

'Children.. they love the gifts. I have a son, he is a crack. He won the second prize on the running competition last week.'

'Congratulation for your son. I guess you must be very proud of him.' 

'I am.. Well, thank you again. I'm going to call you to talk about the details. Have a good day.' the both men exit the room. 

Jiyong was still on his position looking at the papers when Youngbae approaches him.

'Yoni won the first prize.' 

'Ehh?' Jiyong got back to the reality when he heard his friend's voice.

'Mr. Park's son and your daughter participated at the same competition last week. Your daughter ending on the first place. She always does.'

'My niece is really something huh?' Seungri says smiling at them and then at the big box.

'Whatever.'

Jiyong stands up, picking up his things and leaves the room. He knows what is he going to hear if he decides to stay there more..

*****

Central Mall of Seoul. Dara is walking with Yoni watching carefully the showcase of every shop there. They are going shopping like they always does, and seems like Yoni really enjoy Dara's company. 
Since she was a baby, her aunts are the ones who take her with them to buy things. Moreover when the school has to start, they take care of her to have everything she need. But of course, there's an empty place of Yoni's heart which can't be fill easily. The little girl always has to see her friends shopping around with their parents. Dara knows it very well and feels bad for her, knowing that she doesn't feel the affection of her idiot father. Yes, Jiyong is a blind idiot  for letting his daughter just like this. 
Suddenly a memory comes to her mind...

Central Mall of Seoul - 7 years ago.

'Look at me! Now!' Chaerin says laughing to her friend when she's walking backwards in front of her, holding a recording camara.

Dara shakes her head and keeps walking trying to avoid the red light of the camara. This is an usual day of shopping and it was normal until Chaerin had the great idea to buy a camara.

'You've been recording for the last two hours, you should turn it off before I throw it away!' Dara jokes but it's impossible to make her stop.

'Aww, don't be like that! Here, say something to Bommie!' Chaerin lets out her laugh one more time, now thinking about greeting their friend who went to New York to finish her studies.

'Wifey, really.. Won't you get jealous if I say something to another woman?'

'Yeah, you're right.. Let's make a deal then.'

Before finishing her sentence, the two girls sitting on a table out of one of the restaurants of the mall. They put down their shopping bags. Chaerin takes the camara again in her hand and records one more time.

'The deal is about dating. We can date any guy we want but we mustn't go out or go near to any girl. Is it clear?'

'As clear as can ever be!' Seeming to agree with her friend, Dara winks her eye and Chaerin smiles. The two girls were friends for a long time, since they were kids. Then, like the fate was agreeing with their strong friendship, they met again at the university, both choosing to study visual communication.

'So, we should start to planning how to spend our holiday. It's almost done and we haven't met someone yet.'

'Something like a love summer story?' Chaerin asks thinking about what her friend are telling. When the summer started they planned to meet some guys and live the typical love summer story and then make it to be an autumn love too.

'Yeah, like you know.. you meet the perfect guy and you fall in love at the first sight.'

'You're dreaming now and being delusional.. But you're pretty lucky, my camara is turned off now.' 

'I'm not being delusional. That time will come, you'll see.' 

Dara is now being herself. Her dream is actually for the both of them. She wants them to live a love story which would last forever, like in the book she was reading before. Nothing would be more perfect.

'I'm going to buy a drink now wifey. I won't be late, wait for me.'

'Finee.. Don't flirt with the waiter again.' Like she uses to do whatever she buy something from here.

'If he's good looking I can't promise you anything.' The brown hair girls tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter