Chapter 2: Engagement

The Choice We've Made [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyun's POV

“Ji, that was rude.” Mark continued after me while I walked straight towards my table to have a seat before the rest of the guests started pouring in. I sighed and sent him a look that meant how I didn’t want to talk about it anymore. I knew how rude I was but it didn’t mean that I would go back there and say sorry to him.

“He started it.” I defended myself and let out a pout when I saw how stern his expression was. He shook his head disapprovingly at me and took a seat next to me as we looked around the place, everything was decorated in regal blue. Alongside that were some ornaments hanging from the ceiling that looked like stars against the dark blue color scheme.

“Was it really because of Soo Man-ssi? Or because you saw him with another woman on his arm?” He asked me and I closed my eyes fighting the urge to cry again. I took in a deep breath before opening my eyes to face him.

He was already looking at me with concern dripping from the way he looked at me. Mark may have deceived me but I forgave him a few weeks after our wedding knowing that he actually did his part to help me. He assured me that all he wanted was for me to be happy. I turned away and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“She was pretty.” I muttered and I felt his shoulder shift a bit when he heard me speak. “And she’s a good business match I guess. Pledis was one of the first companies that wanted to seal a deal with us remember?” I continued and he chuckled a bit before speaking.

“Yes I remember. We were only three months in then. You were starting to show a bit and Sung Soo came all the way from Korea to try and get some shares.” He reminisced with me. I remember that time perfectly. And he had to come in when my hormones were raging all over the place.

“He just had to come into my office when I was hormone crazy. Then he took a bite of my oranges.” I pouted and he let out a laugh remembering how he came running in when my secretary buzzed him about me screaming at the top of my lungs at an old man.

“You didn’t have to scream at him.” He said in between laughs and I sat up to hit him hard.

“Ya! I was pregnant then!” I argued and he looked at me from head to toe before breaking into more laughs. We were in the middle of our own world when someone took their seat next to us and I froze upon realizing who it was.

Mark and I stopped laughing to look at Lu Han and Jinah-ssi who were looking at each other before looking at us. Jinah had a weak smile playing on her lips while Lu Han had a terse expression on his face. I gulped and looked at Mark who straightened out his tie before greeting the pair.

“Oh hello. Im Jinah right? I’ve read all about you. Congratulations by the way on being the face of your family business.” Mark started and I nodded before extending my hand as well to shake her hand in welcome.

Im Jinah was not one inclined to handle business, instead, she was the face of their company. She would endorse their brand and would also work in the creative department of their company. I knew for a fact that they tried to train her but she didn’t have the interest in handling numbers of the stocks and exchanges that went on in the company.

Everyone knew of her to be a pretty face, but lately news have surfaced about her planning to open another branch of business for their company, she wanted to go into Marketing and Advertising. She was already at the start of building her own agency.

I even heard that they were already able to buy a plot of land somewhere in Cheongdam.

She let out a small smile and shook my hand before pulling it away to look at Lu Han who I only noticed now was still looking at me. I gulped and looked away. I heard Mark let out a big breath before speaking.

“Really? Lu, Ji, you two need to get your acts together. You both have a reputation to uphold, also rumors that you both need to suppress. So Ji, stop acting awkward. And Lu st-“ Lu Han cut him off by Lu Han speaking up.

“If you will excuse me, I am going to request for a different table. The organizer should know better than to put together a Yang and a Lee in the same seating.” He muttered and stood up to march off to the reception area. I let out the air I was holding and immediately felt my Lip quiver in response.

Mark on the other hand seemed frustrated and decided to do damage control.

“Jinah-ssi. I am sorry. These two just know ea-“ Mark started but she waved him off and stood up, I suppose to follow Lu Han.

“I know the story Mark-ssi. I think I need to follow Lu Han. And I would gladly appreciate it if she kept her distance. It was nice meeting you two.” I cringed at the way she emphasized her address towards me. After her statement, she stalked off and followed after Lu Han.

I looked up and saw that Mark was glaring after her before he looked back at me with sentiment in his eyes.

“I take it back, you’re not rude. She’s rude. And here I was wondering why she was acting up yet. She’s probably just pretending to be nice for Lu Han’s sake.” He explained and I shook my head before standing up from my seat.

“Whatever. She has her point. I think I’ll go get a drink. Do you want anything?” He shook his head and I nodded. I was stepping around my chair when I accidentally stepped on my dress’s train. I was about to fall face first when someone caught me se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter