Chapter 8: Crashing and Falling

The Choice We've Made [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lu Han’s POV

“No. This is the first time she has ever smiled and laughed.”

I smiled at the thought of that little girl. Her light brown hair peeping from under her hat, her pink cheeks that were so soft to the touch, the way her light purple little lids opened and closed every now and then. Her long lashes that framed those lids and how they fluttered every time she stared at me with her wide doe like eyes.

She was just as captivating as her mother and I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of her. She brought out emotions in me that have been dormant for more than a year now and now I just had the utmost urge to see her again.

I was cut out of my train of thought when I heard Jinah clear next to me. I turned to her uttering an uninterested hum of my mouth.

“Lu? Are you okay? You’ve been quiet.” She asked in concern but there was something off in the way she spoke. I ignored the tone of her voice and turned my head slightly to face her. I flashed a small smile and squeezed her hand to assure her that I was alright.

“Don’t worry. I’m just thinking about the baby girl from earlier. There’s just something about her that I can’t seem to shake off.” I confessed and I watched as her wide eyes shifted from concern to jealousy to disappointment in such a quick span of time. She let out a huff of breath and wriggled her hand away from me.

I raised an eyebrow at her sudden change in attitude. I tried reaching out to her but she whipped her head towards me and I saw the tears building up in her eyes.

Her expression made me pull back a bit. Her lips were quivering in response and she blinked letting tears fall from her eyes. I felt guilty seeing her like this.

“Lu Han. I know that I said that I would understand your situation. But I can see you smiling at the thought of that little girl. I’m still a person and I have feelings as well. I just want you to start taking my feelings into account as well you know.” She breathed and I frowned at her words.

She was right. I wasn’t treating her fairly. She was just trying to start up a conversation with me and here I was reminiscing over holding Ji Hyun’s child when I should be talking with her and discussing our possible future together. I cup her cheek and softly caressed her jaw line, smiling softly at her.

She looked up at me and I could see how the tears were still pooling around in her eyes. She was definitely still hurt.

“Mian. I guess I got caught up in my train of thought back there. It won’t happen again alright? I just… Well. It was a lot to take in. You know. Seeing her daughter back there, knowing how she will probably grow up. Makes me wonder if I could have that someday.” I confessed and pulled my hand back to scratch the back of my neck.

She looked back up at me and I watched as her eyes twinkled knowing that I said something right with her.

“You want kids?” She whispered mostly in shock and I nodded in agreement, showing her that I was actually trying to commit myself to this relationship. That I wanted to be there for her.

She squealed and hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged her back as well.

She pulled back from me and crashed her lips against mine. My eyes widened in response. Somehow I knew that this felt so unnatural to me. She wasn’t as gentle as she was. Her lips weren’t hesitant like hers were whenever she would initiate the kiss. She didn’t pull back afterwards look at me in the eyes and blush like she used to.

She wasn’t her.

But nevertheless I eased into the kiss, pushing her out of my mind. I had to. I just had to.

I needed to move on from everything about her. I had Jinah now and I knew that she wouldn’t leave me like she did.

Jinah wasn’t Ji Hyun. She was different. She was foreign. She was probably better.

Her hand slowly crept from my chest down to my thigh. She was caressing it slowly before she slowly started undoing the belt around my pants. I pulled away before she could do anything else.

She looked flushed and shocked at my actions. Just as she was about to speak I shook my head and crashed my lips against hers with more fervency than before.

I felt her smile against the kiss. Her hands went back to where they were earlier, continuing what I interrupted earlier.

I pushed her down on the bed and undressed her as she undressed me.

This is what will solidify my resolution.

I need to forget you Ji Hyun. I need to move on.

This will be the last time that I’ll find myself fawning over you.

“Are you sure Lu?” Jinah breathed and I remembered her one last time before looking at the beautiful woman that laid beneath me.

“Yes. I have you now. What more could I ask for?” I muttered.

Good Bye Ji Hyun.

Ji Hyun’s POV

“Oppa. You’re back.” I muttered and watched as he took a seat across from me. Mark and I were both frozen in shock seeing him for the first time since that night.

He only chuckled and flashed his perfect smile before speaking.

“Well. I should say the same to you. You were the one that pulled a disappearing act on all of us here in Korea you know. To think, I came back all the way from New York last year just for you.” He joked and I laughed awkwardly along with him. He was kinda right about that.

Mark and Tao on the other hand caught onto something else with what he said.

“Hyung. What do you mean about you coming back to Korea just for Ji Hyun? You two haven’t even met before you came back from New York.” Mark said and I caught onto that pretty fast. He was right. Just as I was about to ask the same question. The door chimes ringed again and I looked up to see my brother carrying Hani with him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter