Chapter 7: First Smile

The Choice We've Made [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yong’s POV

I am Kwon JiYong, G Dragon, one of the most powerful and eligible bachelors in Korea. Everyone wants a piece of me, everyone cringes at the mere sight of me. But here I am sitting in one of our café establishments with women giggling at the table across from me, failing at trying to discreetly take pictures of me and Hani who was on her pacifier.

I continued sketching on the pad that I brought along with me, smudging the lines to add in some shading to it. I looked at Hani and she was playing with her hands and I smiled seeing how perfectly I drew her features. I finished sketching her eyes and added the final touched before lifting the pad up and scrutinizing it for anymore touches needed.

When I was pleased with what came out I showed it to her and she looked at it briefly before turning her attention back to her hands.

“What? You don’t like it? Samchoon worked hard on this you know. At least show me that you like it.” I said and she didn’t even spare me a glance. I sighed and placed the sketch down to check what time it was. I’d have to meet Ji Hyun and Mark in an hour after their meeting to drop her off. Then I would be a free man again.

I looked at Hani and she was pulling on her pacifier probably trying to remove it from around her neck. I chuckled and helped her remove it from around her neck.

“I love you, but why did your Mom leave me with you today?” I asked her knowing that she would just look up at me with her bid round orbs not understanding whatever I was saying to her.

She reached her small chubby arm up to me and started opening and closing her hands to me. I smiled and gave her my finger. She clenched onto it and pulled it to her face. She was busy studying it and it amused me seeing how innocent she was. She didn’t react much, she only stared at us most of the time and cried when she felt uncomfortable but she was always reaching out for different things, whether or not they were in her reach.

“That’s my finger Hani. You’re curious for a baby your age. Did you know that? Hmm. Come to think of it, you should be able to smile now. You’re already three months old.” I continued talking to her and she remained reaction-less as she used her other hand to grab my hand and place it closer to her face.

I smiled and caressed her cheek with my free hand. I continued to adore her and enjoy our uncle and niece outing together when the door chimes signaled the arrival of a couple. Seeing their reflection from the window glass made me stiffen a bit.

I turned my head slightly and saw Jinah and Lu Han making their way towards the booth next to me, thankfully my back was still facing them so they wouldn’t recognize me immediately. I looked at Hani who was still examining my hand and tried to gently take it from her so that I could gather the rest of our things.

No, I usually don’t hide and run from business associates, but I don’t want to risk anything with Hani and Lu Han in the same room. Ji Hyun wouldn’t be pleased to hear that as well. Hani furrowed her eyebrows when I took my hand away. I was in the middle of packing her stuff when I saw her pouting her lips.

Oh no.Hani. Please.

A loud wail echoed through the café and I sighed picking her up from her basinet and lulling her to calm down. She stared at me and hushed down a bit but her lip still quivered in response.

“JiYong? I’m surprised to see you here.” I gritted my teeth hearing her voice. There is no way in hell that I would let her near my niece. I knew what she was capable of and I am not sure how far she was willing to go to get what she wanted.

I turned to face them while still cradling Hani in my arms.

“You shouldn’t be, I own this café. What are you two doing here?” I replied back to her and she giggled before slipping an arm around Lu Han’s waist.

“Well. My fiancé and I just wanted some coffee and your caramel macchiatos are to die for.” She said and flashed a gentle smile but I could easily see through that. Her eyes went from me to Hani who was staring at them in curiosity. “And I see that you’re not alone. Yours?” She continued and I didn’t fail to notice the way she looked at me. She was definitely taunting me.

I glared at her and looked at Lu Han who was staring at Hani in my arms. I gently pulled her hat to cover her face more, afraid that he might find any kind of similarities between him and Hani. Though there were none, her eyes were a dead giveaway.

“No. She’s Ji Hyun’s. I’m just babysitting while my sister and her husband attend a meeting in JYP Enterprise.” I clarified and shifted Hani a bit, but she was fussing and turning her head towards them.

Now is not a good time baby girl. Your mom will kill me if he sees any sort of similarity.

I tried to mentally tell her but she only continued to fuss. Jinah seemed to notice and she backed a bit already sensing what was coming next. Lu Han on the other hand craned his head forward.

Hani was continuously fussing and I knew that I had to leave before sh—

WAAAAAAAAAAH. Great.

I rocked her and lulled her but she continued to cry. This was one of her tantrum episodes wherein she would only calm down if she was in Ji Hyun or Mark’s arms. I was just about to call Ji Hyun when I was caught by surprise with Lu Han speaking.

“Do you need help?” He asked me in a monotone and I glared at him instinctively shifting Hani away from him but it only made her cry even more.

He sighed and turned to Jinah who had a look of irritation with Hani’s crying.

“Lu, we can always get coffee somewhere else. It’s becoming uncomfortable here.” She hissed and I felt irritated with how she was talking. My niece did not deserve that kind of attitude around her.

Lu Han on the other hand was still staring at Hani in my arms and I knew that he was feeling some sort of suspicion right now.

“Look. I know that we don’t get along. But let me help you. I’ll hold her then you can call her mother. After that we’ll go.” He said and I looked at him then at Hani who was still crying and flailing in my arms. I sighed and gently handed her over to Lu Han.

Sorry Ji Hyun.

“Mind the head. It will just take a minute.” I instructed and I eyed his reaction the whole time. He wasn’t looking at me anymore though. His eyes were fixed on Hani and what shocked us all was when Hani stopped crying once she was in Lu Han’s arms.

I stared dumbfounded and looked as Lu Han continued to stare at Hani and Haniwas doing the same as well. They were just staring at each other when Hani reached her hands up and I watched as Lu Han just lowered his head and the moment she touched his face, she did the most unexpected thing ever.

She laughed.

My mouth was agape and I stared from her to Lu Han who just stared at her not even shocked that we first heard her giggle now. She continued to giggle while pinching his face.

I shook my head and quickly took out my phone to video the moment.

“Ji Hyun is going to freak.” I murmured and pressed record while Hani was still having a laughing fit. She seemed to enjoy being in her father’s arms and I didn’t have the heart to take her away.

He overheard what I said and looked at me curiously.

“Why? Because I’m holding her daughter? I think we’re both mature enough to not have an argument just about this.” He said in a monotone but I could hear a faint hint of amusement in his voice.

“No. This is the first time she has ever smiled and laughed.” I said continuing to capture the moment. He said an oh then looked back at Hani. She stopped laughing at looked at me reaching both her arms to me. I took that as my cue to take her.

I reached out and took her from Lu Han, he looked a bit dejected but gave her to me nonetheless. I settled her into her basinet and gathered the rest of our things. Ready to leave. I bowed to them and gave a curt nod to Lu Han.

“Thank you. But I think we should keep this encounter to ourselves.” I said and started making my way out of the café when I overheard Lu Han speaking under his breath.

“She looks like her.” I quickened my steps and took out my car keys to unlock my Bentley. I settled Hani into the passenger seat and she looked up at me to give me a smile. I returned it and kissed her head.

“You are so much like your mother, a troublemaker.” I told her and she laughed and clapped, not even interested at what kind of trouble we were going to get ourselves into later.

Lu Han’s POV

We were walking around the streets of Garosu-gil and I couldn’t help but feel unease walking with Jinah instead of Ji Hyun.

Walking around shops and doing some window shopping was more of something Ji Hyun and I would do together when we were free. I fought back the smile that was playing on my lips at the thought of her and shook my head knowing that I was with Jinah right now and I had to make it up to her.

She deserved a better fiancé than me and I should push out my feelings for Ji Hyun already, especially when Jinah is actually trying her best to show how much she cares for me.

Going as far as suggesting a plan to overthrow YG Enterprises from the top of the food chain.

“Lu, I heard that there is this amazing café around the corner. Their Caramel Macchiatos are supposedly an amazing treat.” She suggested and I looked her over before smiling at how excited she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter