Suspicion

Against all Odds

VII


 

"Jei." 

I was typing something on the screen.
"Jei." 
I can hear his voice, but i ignored it.
"Jei-" 
Then suddenly I jolted when my seat turned around in a swift motion and stopped right in front of Monsu's face which was just inches away from mine. 
"Jei." he repeated. Soft and clear. My eyes were absorbed with his gold-shining eyes, then trailing down to his pointed nose and then down to his lips- I shut my eyes and shook my head. "I didn't hear you, I'm sorry." I said, he distanced and grabbed my arm to pull me up, "You have to rest and eat, you've been in front of the computer the whole day." he said, I just followed him, staring at his hand gently holding on mine. When did I get these thoughts? And why does he have to look so damn perfect? 
 
"Found anything?" he asked. I shook my head. "This guy doesn't even show up in any social network sites." I said sighing. My eyes landed up to his face like it has its life on its own , Monsu was looking on the window, probably thinking, holding his spoon and twirling it in a circle motion between his fingers. It was a perfect sideview of his face, he has a perfectly formed jawline that makes you want to trail your fingers on it and he has a face designed by a God, he was effortlessly attractive.
 
My eyes quickly fall to my food when his face turned back to me again, I can feel my face tighten because now he's the one staring at me. The still air made it awkward for me, so I started to ask and break the silence, "Monsu, do you miss your family?" He shifted from his seat and I can feel he's sudden uneasiness with my question. "If you don't want to ans-" "Yes." he unexpectedly answered, I'm looking in his sad eyes, and I knew he was telling the truth, the sad truth. I placed my hand on top of his hand lying on the table, he budged a bit and looked straight to me, meeting my eyes. I gave his hand a soft squeeze. "You're not alone Monsu. And you don't have to be alone, If you miss them, go see them, while you still have them." The words just came out from me, and I don't know if it was just me but something sparkled in his eyes, Tears. And all I wanted was to comfort him. 
He blinked quickly and let out a steady breathe, the sadness in his eyes eases slightly and he smiles, obviously faking it. "I'm not alone anymore." he squeezed my hand back and he stood up, my eyes followed him as he walk away disappearing from the kitchen. He really is a good keeper. 
 
Monsu and I continued searching for this man, we don't have an idea if this man will give us answers, or if he's ever involved, but that was our role, to try. We were driving along streets of Seoul when Monsu turned the radio on, and there was news going on. 
 
"Young Corporation stops with its services and provisions, because of the death of its President, Mr. Young Ji-Hoon, Now the congress are deciding of removing the company in the industry."
 
My breathing became irregular and unstable, its the news again, and my father's name again. "They can't do that." I said, gripping hard on my jeans. "I know." Monsu quietly uttered. But then the news go on. 
 
"But its associating and fellow company, SL Company, are planning to recover it. We recorded a statement said by its President and CEO, Mr. Lee Sangmin. "Mr. Young is like a brother to me and seeing this downfall of him, I cannot let to see his success just go to waste. I will save his company by managing it on his behalf, I claim it now as part of our Company to save it."" 
 
 
After few more words the report ended. "That's..Sungyeol's father, Sungyeol's family company." I said. Tears started to run down my cheeks. "I'm still alive, but I can't do anything, Its my father's hardwork, his achievement, and I can't even save it. " It should be my decision, It should be me to decide but I'm powerless and dead now. My hands were trembling, and I can't stop from crying, It was so painful to hear that someone will take over, other people will benefit from his hardwork. "Even though its uncle Lee, or Sungyeol's company, It still hurts." I said. "Do you want to go see it?" Monsu asked, I just nodded. 
 
We came to a stop in front of a high building, I put my hood on, and get off the car, staring from the bottom to the top. There was a large billboard in front of it saying "Justice for the family of Mr. and Mrs. Young." and a family picture of us three. The support my knees were giving me went weak but suddenly a pair of hands held me still on my shoulders, keeping me standing, Monsu. 
 
"One day, I'll come back strong, and I'll take back what is once ours mother and father." I said. I'm still weak and helpless, Monsu walked me back to the car. "Since we're here, I'll go check inside, I might find clues." he said, I just nodded. I just stared at our picture in front of the building and just waited for him. 
 
 
I woke up and it was already dark outside, the car is moving fast, and the city was lit up with lights already, I looked beside me and Monsu was driving with a straight face. "Why didn't you wake me up? Did you get anything?" I asked. "Its better for you to sleep, you're not crying." he replied. He has a point, it was a better feeling. "You didn't answer my question, You didn't get anything?" He didn't answer. "Maybe you didn't." I answered to myself and just sat comfortably on the passenger seat and glanced back in the city lights outside.
 
Monsu suddenly pulled the car over to the side, making a sudden stop. I looked over him and he still wore that straight face, but then I noticed his tight grip on the steering wheel, his breaths are fast and hard, I knew something was off. "What's wrong? What happened?" I asked, he turned to me and suddenly his gaze made me nervous, there was a bad feeling rising up in my chest, its written on his face that he was going to say something. "Tell me." I said. 
 
"My suspicions, I have a lot." He said.  Suspicions? I waited for him to make it clear, he knows I don't understand him. "I found out about that man." he said. My eyes lit up, and I feel my blood rage inside my veins. "And then?! Who is he? does he have anything to do with what happened?!" I asked excitedly. "I don't know if he has anything to do with it, but I know where he is." he said, I anticipated. He was hesitant. 
 
"He's working at your associate company, SL Company." 
 
"Sungyeol's family Company." he pointed. 
 
After hearing that, I have no idea why but suddenly my stomach went sick.