In Trouble

Against all Odds

III


"I want to know your name." I told him while he was busy cooking something for breakfast, I was curious since he already knows my name. "Kim.." he glanced over me like there was hesitation. "Hmm?" I anticipated. "Kim Monsu." He said, I looked at him, I don't know but there was a slight weird feeling. "Monsu." I repeated. "Do you live alone here?" I wanted to know more, I want to know this guy. He nodded. "Why?" I asked again, "I just want it." he answered cheaply. "Then why am I staying here? if you wanted to be all by yourself?" He looked at me for a second and got back to cooking, there was no answer. "How did my parents know you? Why do they know yo-" he suddenly placed the plate in front of me cutting me off. "Hey-" I was surprised with the amount of food in my plate, it was a lot and it looked really good. My stomach suddenly made a sound. Embarrasing. "Just eat." he said and then he removed his apron and walked away. He's obviously avoiding my questions.

 
I hate being alone, and quiet places, The thought will always appear inside me, and kill me slowly. I hate it. I walked around the house and I turn on the television, the news was going on.
 
"The president of Young Corporations and Korea's Oil company, Mr. Young Ji-Hoon.." The sound of my father's name sent chill down my spine. I saw Monsu taking the remote but I quickly stopped his hand. "is found dead at their house last saturday, and also his wife Mrs. Young." I fell on my knees as I saw two bodies being carried out of our house on the screen. "The reason about this incident is now being investigated, and also their daughter, Young Jei, is not found and missing." and the screen went black. Monsu rushed over me and helped me stand on my feet. "Mom, Dad." I cried. 
 
That night Monsu and I were at the bench looking over the city lights. I suddenly remembered, "Take me back Monsu." I asked him. He looked at me, "Back where?" he asked back. "At our house, please." I pleaded. He slightly shook his head, "I can't, I'm sorry." he evaded my eyes. "Why not? I have to, just let me-" "No." he answered straightly. I knew he wouldn't do it and It was worthless pleasing him, I don't know his reasons but he wouldn't bulge. "Then can you just, please take me to sungyeol?" he suddenly looked at me like he was going to let me. "Sungyeol?" he sounded like he knows that name. I nodded. "Please. He will not do anything to harm me, I know he's dead worried right now."
 
The next day we were driving back to Seoul, The ride was bumpy and long. it was giving me a headache, since were riding an old rusting mini truck, I looked at him judgingly. "Is this car yours?" I asked. "Yeah got a problem with that." he answered without looking, I rolled my eyes at him. He's really a jerk sometimes, and how can he have a car like this when he has an expensive huge house? It took us long before we arrived at Sungyeol's condominium, It was only I who knows that place, It was our hanging out place. I have a feeling he's right there inside.
 
I was about to get out of the car when Monsu grabbed my arm and stopped me. "Call me when something happens." he said. "Its Sungyeol, nothing's gonna happen, Thank you for saving me, and for taking care of me, but I'm off here." I bid my goodbye and got out of the truck. He didn't move an inch on his position, I knew he was looking at me from the back. I felt bad, I feel like I didn't thank him enough, but I can't stand being with someone I don't know for the rest of my life so this is goodbye. I went inside like the usual, but now I was hiding my face under the cap Monsu lend me, the floor number, the room number, the number of knocks, just like always. 
 
I was standing in front of his room and looked around me if someone was there, the door clicked open and I saw Sungyeol standing in front of me wearing his gym clothes. His eyes went bigger when he saw me, then he quickly pulled me inside. "Jei-ah! You're here, you're okay." he said as he inspected me. 
 
and then all I knew I was already hugging him, and started crying on his chest. "Sungyeol-ah, my mom and dad, what am I gonna do now." I cried. He hugged me back and caressed my back, I felt comfort in his arms. "Stay here with me first Jei, don't think about it now." he said with a calm voice. 
 
I was eating my favorite dumplings that he ordered, I felt comforted and safe with Sungyeol, but still my heart was throbbing inside. He was staring at me while I was eating then he spoke, "Is it good?" he asked, I nodded. "Where did you stay? we were finding you." he asked. Monsu came in my mind, I remembered what my mom said, trust no one but him. I'm sorry mom but I can't, that's just hard for me. I don't even know him. "I- I stayed in a cheap house somewhere" I lied. I don't know why, but I didn't want him to know about that guy. 
 
Suddenly I felt a hand on top of mine, pressing it softly. Sungyeol lifted me up on my shoulders, his eyes were directed to mine. "Stay with me, I'll take care of you." he said. I knew I made a right choice to find him and stay with him, he's the only one I can trust right now. 
 
"Sungyeol-ah, should I go to the police? I want to see my parents." I asked him. "I don't think you should." He answered. "why not?" He went closer to me.
"If you went to the police, the news will surely bombard you with questions and film you, Its dangerous Jei, the killer will know you and hunt you down." I shivered, I felt scared. But Sungyeol was right. Someone was calling me, Monsu, but I can't answer his calls anymore. 
 
The next day, Sungyeol was leaving. "Where are you going?" I asked. He nodded. "Stay here Jei, I have a meeting to attend today." he said. "Okay." I answered, he stepped closer to me and hugged me. "Jei, I'm sorry, but they will notice and they will get suspicions if I stayed here all the time. Don't go anywhere okay?" I nodded. "I understand, even though inside I don't want to be left alone. Sungyeol left and I was alone. I checked my phone and all I can see was Monsu's nonstop missed calls. "What's wrong with this guy? I already said goodbye to him."
 
I couldn't handle the silence, the gloom, I wanted to go out. I'll die in overthinking and sadness. If I stayed alone anywhere. I wore Sungyeol's jacket and covered my head, I walked towards the convenience store, and I realized my family was known only by company owners but not all people that's why I think no one will even notice me. I was holding my yogurt and sat on the bench outside the store, a guy in black sat beside me, my hands and knees trembled, I remembered that night, he looked like one of them. I took my phone and dialed Sungyeol, but I don't have his number,  Monsu.... I called him. 
 
A sharp thing was pressed on my hip side."Don't move, stay quiet and come with me." I slowly nodded and stood up. "Please don't hurt me." I cried. My whole body was shaking in fear and I wanted to panic. He dragged me somewhere hidden, and dialed someone on his phone."Bring the car here, I found her." he spoke and hung up. He looked at me from head to toe. "Stop! Don't come any closer!" I shouted. "We finally found you, it took us long before our job to get settled." he is there that night, they were there. I screamed and screamed loudly, even though it seemed like no one would hear. My tears were nonstop, Suddenly the guy covered my mouth and pinned me on the wall violently. "My boss is waiting for you." I bit his hand as hard as I could and the guy groaned loudly. This is my chance. I groined him and ran away fast, "You !" He cursed and followed me. I ran on a dead end, a high wall of bricks, and then suddenly my body painfully crashed on the floor, he pulled my hair up and pointed a knife on my cheeks. "Lets give you a little trim, shall we?" he spoke. I cried. "Stop. No please." I begged. 
 
He suddenly got off my back and I heard him groaned in pain. I looked behind and I saw someone knocking him down. My eyes were blurring, and I saw Monsu's face caressing my face, "Jei, Hang in there." I saw him fighting and then I fainted. Monsu was there, or am I just dreaming. In the end, he was again there to save me.
 
 
 
 
 

A/N:
By the way if you guys are wondering about the name "Kim Monsu" here, I didn't type it wrong okay? Soon you will find out this, so always be updated! It would be great and inspiring if I can see your comments down there! xoxo <3