Lycanthropy

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part One

"Yoongi, can we borrow the Marauder's Map?"

"What for?" He flips a page of his book lazily.

"Well," Taehyung shifts uncomfortably in his seat, "we thought it was about time to get Jin more tea from the kitchen," lied Taehyung.

Yoongi doesn't say anything for a while. "He is almost out. Here." He tosses an old rolled up piece of parchment from his bag onto the table. I quickly snatch it up and hide it in my bag.

"Thanks Yoongi."

"Don't let Mrs Potts find you." Mrs Potts was Madame Runde's (the Hogwarts caretaker) nickname given she was a bit on the round side. Yoongi thought the nickname was made for her.

"We won't."

About four/five months ago Taehyung had noticed that Jimin was missing one night. When he'd asked Jimin at breakfast Jimin's voice had a nervous tone when he said he had been there all night. I had noticed Jimin's ears turning red and that was a for sure tell tale that he was lying. He goes missing about once a month and Taehyung and I are determined to find out where to.

We've been logging every night he's gone missing and to our calculations this week he'll be M.I.A again (if only we were this focused on our studies).

Finally Saturday night as the sun is setting I catch some action. With the Marauder's Map wide open across my desk, I spot Jimin leaving the dormitories out of the corner of my eye as I'm doing homework. I abruptly get up from my desk and snatch the map up, running towards the boys room. I knock like a bat out of hell on Tae's door until he opens. "What?!"

"He's already left we gotta go!"

Tae curses as he grabs his cloak and wand and we dart out of there.

Lucky for us Jimin stopped at a Professor's door, giving us time to catch up. We follow Jimin and Professor Deerdon (the transfiguration prof.) all the way to the front doors, keeping out of sight. "Where in the world are they going?" whispers Tae. I shush him as we squeeze out the front doors as they close behind Jimin and Professor Deerdon. We follow them down the lawn until they finally stop at a tree. It's branches swing angrily towards Jimin and Professor Deerdon. "The Whomping Willow?"

Professor Deerdon casts a spell too quietly for us to hear and the tree stops swaying violently and freezes. We watch as the Professor places a heap of what looks like clothes in Jimin's arms and sends him off toward a small opening at the base of the Whomping Willow's trunk.

We watch him go and the minute Jimin's out of sight Professor Deerdon turns to head back to the castle. I curse as Tae and I hit the ground hopping the tall grass will hide us. Our asses were saved when Professor Deerdon decides to take a detour towards the greenhouse (my guess to see his longtime crush Professor Sawyer, the herbology prof.)

"What is this? Does Professor Deerdon have Jimin running chores for him?" asks Tae.

"I couldn't tell ya, but what should we do now?" I ask.

Tae takes the Map from me and folds it back up nicely before putting it in his pocket. "I guess we can wait here till he comes out."

And so we lay there in the grass watching as the sky turns a fiery orange. I flip onto my back and look up at the sky. This season's first warm summer breeze brushes by making the grass dance. Our first year at Hogwarts was almost over. Almost one less year I get to spend at Hogwarts. And worst of all I'll be back at Madame Kinney's in no time. "I wish I could stay at Hogwarts. over the summer."

Tae hums in agreement. "I'll be so bored at home. You better visit, we can go to the beach or an amusement park or we can play with the animals on my farm!" says Tae excitedly. "I should have the whole gang over this summer, we have the Floo Network set up in our house. I'll just have to make sure it's ok with my parents. Though I bet they won't mind, they're ecstatic that I even made friends."

"Why's that?"

He lets out an exhausted laugh. "I uh, I wasn't really that popular with the neighborhood kids. In fact they sort of hated me." Taehyung gazes at the stars sadly. "I don't really know why. I never did anything to them to hate me. Maybe I was too weird for them?" He shrugs. "I had to be home schooled up until Hogwarts because of the bullying."

"Oh Tae," I coo. I run my hand through his now dull black hair in comfort. "You never have to worry about that sort of stuff ever again; you've got me and all the rest of the gang." I spot The corner of Taehyung's mouth twitch into a smile. "And if you ever need to talk to someone this summer, you can always send an owl to Madame Kinney's Holy Home for Ladies."

"Madame Kinney... is that an orphanage?"

"Well yeah, my parents died remember?"

"Yeah I know, I mean, I always just thought you lived with family, not in an orphanage."

I shake my head. "Nope, I've got no family."

Taehyung frowns. "Well if you need a family, don't hesitate to send an owl to me and my 'rents will be at Madame Kinney's House to pick you up in a split second."

I laugh. "Thanks Tae."

Taehyung turns his head towards me and smiles brilliantly. He takes my hand and winds his fingers with mine. "No, thank you Thea."

We stay there for a long while, hands interlocked as the blue hour falls upon the sky. I'm not sure if it's Taehyung's usual antsy self that gets restless or if he's embarrassed from holding my hand for such a long time, but he suddenly sits up. "This is taking too long I say we go in."

"You sure?" I say as I lean on my elbows.

"Yeah, I mean it's just a tunnel."

"But, how are we getting past the Whomping Willow?" A few moments after Professor Deerdon left the Whomping Willow unfroze and is back to it's wicked self.

Taehyung gives me a side glance. "Think your magic beast speciality works on trees?"

"You're kidding," I say blandly as I get out of the grass.

"It's a worth a try."

I huff whole wiping grass off my . He's right, it's worth a try. I get myself together and start slowly creeping towards the Whomping Willow. Taehyung stays close behind. I raise my hands toward the tree trying to send out calm, reassuring vibes. The Whomping Willow spots me but it does not strike. "I thinks it's working," whispers Taehyung. I nod slowly and continue to creep closer to the tunnel.

"Taehyung," I say as we reach the tunnel. He hums. "You go in first," I say not taking my eyes off of the tree. He slyly sneaks into the tunnel like the fox he his. I back into the hole, Taehyung ducking my head for me so I don't hit it on the trunk. Once we're safely in a large branch clocks itself on the to ground before the tunnel making me yelp in surprise. Taehyung curses as he pulls the both of us back into the tunnel more. "Stupid tree!" he shouts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter