Champions

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Champions

 

Tonight everyone gathers in the Dining Hall for the revealing of the Triwizard Champions. Namjoon walks in with a posey of Durmstrang boys. It's the first time I've seen him since our first interaction a few nights ago. He looks over and then moment we make eye contact I quickly look away. The last time I had looked into his eyes he looked so vulnerable it stirred up some weird feelings inside me.

That night we "exchanged scars", after Jimin and the rest of them had taken me to some empty classroom, they had finally told me what they knew of Namjoon Kim. Namjoon was born into a family of Death Eaters, raised as one, but when he reached age eleven had ran away from that life and began a new at Durmstrang. The rest of his life is a complete mystery other than the fact that he is one top notch Quidditch chaser.

Looking back on our conversation I think that that was his way of reaching out to me. I know I should hate his very existence for what Death Eaters have done to me and my family, but for some reason I can't muster up any feelings of anger towards him. I feel more sympathy than anything else and that kind of makes me feel weird. It kind of makes me feel like I've betrayed my parents. I don’t know what to do with myself.

Jungkook lays his head on the table snapping me back to reality. The light of the Goblet of Fire makes his dark black hair look like a raven's wing. I play with a tuft of his hair on the top of his head, watching as the colors change. "When's it gonna start?" he whines.

"A few more minutes," I reassure him.

"Oh come on Kookie, aren't you excited to see who the Champions are?" asks Taehyung as he hops up and down in his seat like a kangaroo on crack. His hair and eyes tonight are light blue just like the Goblet of Fire.

"This is the most exciting thing to happen at Hogwarts since the exploding slug incident," says Jimin with an excited twinkle to his eye.

Jin gags. "Ugh, Merlin's beard don't remind me." He pinched the bridge of his nose.

Hoseok gives Jin a judging look. "Such a drama queen."

Yoongi couldn't be bothered with us as he and Sabine play with intertwining their fingers in different ways. Jimin and I share a disgusted look as we catch each other both looking at the couple. He makes a gagging gesture and I try to suppress laughter.

Hoseok stares at the Goblet longingly. "Wouldn't it be awesome to be a champion?" he mumbles. After a short bit of silence he turns back to see seven pairs of eyes on him. "What?" His question is met with silence and squints of the eye yet again. He rolls his eyes. "Oh come on, like hell my name will actually come out of that thing."

Our faces go slack. "Wait you mean you put your name in the Goblet?!" asks Jin.

"Yeah, I mean, why not?" I immediately smack the kid upside the head. He cries out. "What was that for?!"

I ignore his question. "You know people die in these games don't you?!" I punch him in the arm. "What the hell were you thinking?!"

"Go for the groin Thea!" yells Yoongi egging me on. I push Hoseok away from me.

"Ow!" He rubs his arm. "Thea chill! What are the odds my name comes out of the Goblet?!"

"The fact that there are odds makes me want to punch you in the neck," growls Jimin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter