Thickening

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon

Hogwarts has changed since the Second Wizarding War. Due to the rising amount of wizards and witches entering the muggle world there's a rising demand for a wizarding college education (since you know this day and age you really can't find a decent job without a college degree). So Hogwarts, already under construction, decided to expand its teaching to University standards. Of course they couldn't possibly use Hogwarts University so as an alias on one's degree it is called Rowling University, at least to a muggle's eye.

Hogwarts University is really just an extension of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by four years. The N.E.W.T.s are taken as eleventh years and O.W.L.s as seventh years. Personally I like this change, I mean who knows what they want to be for the rest of their lives at 17-18?! And yes I know, 21-22 years old isn't exactly the muggle age preference for a medical degree, but due to our exceptional skills, muggles seem to turn a blind eye for Rowling University.

I just see this as four more years of fun.

 

Now as seventh years, you can imagine the O.W.L.s being Taehyung, Jimin, and I's main focus, right? Wrong. You see the top three Wizarding schools decided to bring back their most ancient game, The Triwizard Tournament.

Yoongi was the most excited out of all of us at the announcement of the Triwizard Tournament and for a good reason. See Triwizard Tournaments happen every five years so when he was a second year a Triwizard Tournament took place and he had met a girl from Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. They had kept in touch through letters (he's had to borrow Magnus a few times because his poor owl was too tired for another trip to France) and they see each other over the summers. They're my favorite couple even though I've never seen them actually together together, but Yoongi tells me stories and conversations they've had and even I get butterflies at how cute they are. I'm pretty excited to finally meet her.

When it finally came time for dinner Yoongi was practically vibrating with excitement. Headmaster Longbottom gave a little speech before introducing our guests. Beauxbatons Academy of Magic came in first. Hoseok had to hold Yoongi down to his seat as they came waltzing in, no like literally waltzing, a small group of Beauxbatons girls were dancing gracefully down the middle aisle of the Dining Hall. I was amazed at how well they danced, as if they trained in ballet their whole lives. I frown at my lacking in gracefulness. Jimin leans over the table and taps on Yoongi's arm. "Which one is she?"

Yoongi's smile is so puppy-love-ish it's almost cringe worthy. Before he can answer Headmaster Longbottom introduces Durmstrang Institute. The doors busts open and in comes a gang of Durmstrang brutes showing off some martial arts skills. I watch in awe when suddenly I hear Taehyung gasp beside me. I look over at him and he's gawking towards the doors. "It's Namjoon Kim!"

I look back at the entrance and leading the rest of the school was their Headmaster and a tall and very handsome boy. He was Korean, like literally all my friends, with whitish blonde hair that's shaved on the sides. He has a severe look as he walks through the doors. Then he catches my eye. It's like the rest of the Dining Hall just suddenly disappears and all that was left was our intense stare down. We only break eye contact when he can't possibly turn his head anymore without turning all the way around. I watch him go a little bit before Hoseok brings me back to reality.

He grabs my shoulders from across the table and shakes me. "Athena, you stay away from that guy, do you hear me?!"

I look at him with eyebrows knitted. "Why?! Who's Namjoon Kim?"

Jin puts his hand on Hoseok's arm and Hoseok lets me go. "He's not someone you, of all people, should have to deal with," Jin says with a scowl.

Yoongi shakes his head. "No, he is someone she should deal with."

"What are you talking about?!" demands Hoseok.

"He's the last member of the Royals."

I look back at the boy. His dark eyes are on me and only me.

 

Sabine

Din

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter