Our Prince

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our Prince

"Welcome to Hogwarts," says Yoongi as he leans over the first year. The boy shrinks back at the sight of Yoongi's evil grin. It’s the start of my third year and this years “first feast” in Jin’s prediction from last year has just started. Yoongi had picked the first year out almost instantly. When I asked him how he knew he just shrugged and said, “I just know, I mean I’ve always been able to find my freaks.” I shake my head as I pick up my plate and move towards the end of the Ravenclaw table. I bump Yoongi with my hip to move him out of my way. I ignore his protest as I take a seat next to the boy.

I take a fresh roll off my plate and hand it to the kid. "My name's Athena Greywood, Thea for short. What's yours?"

He takes the roll timidly. "Jungkook. Jungkook Jeon."

I smile at him. He's got a cute face and messy black hair that sticks up in random places. He nibbles on the roll as I turn around and look up at Yoongi. "I've got this one," I say with a wink.

Yoongi smiles his usual crooked smile. "I've raised you so well." He pats my head and goes off to sit with the rest of the Royals at the end of the table.

I look back at Jungkook. He's watching my every move with curious eyes while still nibbling on the roll. I laugh to myself at how unbelievably adorable this kid is.

"I recommend the mashed potatoes, the Hogwarts house elves make them the best," I say as I take Jungkook's empty plate and start to fill it. I had noticed before that he was sort of out of place with the other Ravenclaw first years; none of them really paid him much attention, I mean not until now, he's got the girl with the eyepatch talking to him. I load ham and some Mac and cheese into his plate. "You don't have any food allergies do you?" I ask as I add corn to his meal.

"Just peanuts."

"Ah see that's ok cause I hate nuts of all kind." I smile at him and he gives me a shy smile back.

I set his plate in front of him and watch as he gladly digs in. "Slow down, you'll get indigestion," I say with a laugh. I place his chalice in front of him.

I work on my Croque Monsieur as he takes a huge swig from his cup. "So Jungkook, tell me about yourself hm?"

He swallows some ham. "My mum and dad are both wizards so I grew up around magic and I already know how to ride a broomstick."

"You do?"

Jungkook nods enthusiastically. "I've been training to be a Seeker since I was three."

"Get out!" I laugh. "Well I can't wait till we can have a match together."

"What do you mean?" he asks, cheeks full of mashed potatoes.

"I'm Gryffindor's Seeker."

His eyes widen to the size of his plate. "Really?!" I laugh and nod. "Wow!" He swallows his food. "But may I ask, how do you do it with one eye?!"

"I don't. I can see through my eyepatch."

He knits his eyebrows. "Then what's the point of wearing one? I mean if that's ok to ask." He's suddenly super aware of his forwardness, but I don't mind it, I'd rather this than beating around the bush.

"Sure it is and I'll show you." I lift my eyepatch up and let him see my eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter