Shocking Memo

Nothing's for free

 It was 8AM. I was glad it was morning, I could finally wake up. Unfortunately, as soon as I went downstairs I was greeted by a scornful look. The glared at me and spat on the floor. Geez, what the hell did I do to piss her off like that? "Namnami, come here" Woohyun called his wife by her nickname. Namnami? I thought. She's the 'Namnami', alias Kim Eunnam of five years ago? The girl DID look familiar. Suddenly reality hit me in the chest. I fainted, I was too traumatized to accept reality. I knew this woman, she's the one who ruined my life a year before marrying Woohyun. 

~ Flashback ~

I was cleaning the bar counter, and suddenly a woman comes in. Not many women like our bar, it's specialised in beer, and few women in this district like it. She was followed by... L! MY BOSS AND BOYFRIEND! I felt a thump in my heart. I was paralyzed. Maybe, he's just her friend. They're not really dating... right? L loves me, right? "Namnami~" He chirped, calling the girl. "Nee?" The auburn-head replied. "Wanna have some beer?" The girl known as 'Namnami' nodded. "Sunggyu, two beers, please" My boss smiled at me. My stomach churned, that smile was going to kill me soon or later. Most probably sooner than later. 

Then, the most horrific sight of my life: My precious L kissing this cheap thing. A passionate kiss, one of the kisses he gave me. The special ones. L WAS CHEATING ON ME WITH THIS CHEAP "LADY"! She wasn't anything special. It won't be hard to replace her with a look-alike. "MYUNGSOO!" I unconsciously snapped. Namnami looked at me furiously, she came closer and she was about to grab a knife, but L calmed her down. "Eunnam, don't. I'll deal with him" He said, dragging me to somewhere private. I was heartbroken. "MYUNGSOO! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! INSTEAD YOU'RE WITH THAT BI—" "Don't talk like that about Eunnam!" He said, crying. "I-I'm sorry. It's over. You couldn't see the 'value' in our relationship, that's why I kicked you out. Now I moved on."  He added. I was about to explode. "Myungsoo, I LOVE Y—" "Goodbye, Sunggyu. By the way, you're fired." He emotionlessly said, leaving me alone. Eunnam was eavesdropping, she was furious but happy that her Myungsoo stood up for her. Yup, it's HER Myungsoo now. I think I'm going to cry. My heart was filled with guilt. Had I not ignored L for the past couple of years, we would still be together.

~ End of Flashback ~

"Sunggyu, are you okay?" Woohyun asked me. I nodded, and he patted my back. Eunnam flipped the bird at me. Dongwoo threw his dirty slipper at her. She flinched, and left. I smirked, and he high-fived me. "I'd like to be alone for a while." I asked, and Woohyun nodded. I didn't work for him anymore. Dongwoo went to check up on Mira. Another flashback of my life, which was destroyed by Eunnam, cluttered my mind.

~ Flashback ~

I was jobless for almost two years, I almost starved because of my financial problems, and I begged for a while. Never EVER date your boss. After a couple of months, Eunnam and L broke up. I was extremely happy at the news, it was the happiest news in these two hellish years, but I was told that EUNNAM DUMPED HIM. Which meant that L must be heartbroken. In fact, he didn't want to hear about me at all, he didn't want to date me again. And he wouldn't hire me again either. I was kicked out of his house, so I had nowhere to go. What's worse is that parents disowned me because the family was too vast, so now I couldn't go back home either. So now my only option is the bridge.

Oh God, please, no. I went under the bridge, and found a handsome guy in his late teens, covered in his blanket. "Hi" I awkwardly said, looking at the teen. "Hi." He replied. He invited me under his duvets, and I gladly accepted. "How old are you?" I asked. "Nineteen, you?" "Twenty-one". He looked at me with those big doe eyes. Oh My God, just kill me already. "And I suppose you're homeless..." I facepalmed at my stupid question.

"Not really, I just got kicked out of Infinysium". I looked at him quizzically. What the hell is Infinysium? I asked him, and he told me that it's the richest island in the world. Well, he definitely went from riches to rags! It's probably going to be tougher for him to get accustomed to living poor than for me. Unlike him, I was poor all my life. But I also pitied him. "Why were you kicked out?" "I burnt a rare plant with gasoline" He nonchalantly answered. What was wrong with him?He grabbed my waist and held me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed his temple. I don't know what drove me to do this, but it felt so RIGHT. He kissed my cheek and caressed my cheek. "What's your name?" He asked me. "Sunggyu, yours?" "Woohyun. Nam Woohyun."

The next day, we woke up next to eachother, and fell asleep holding eachother, with a kiss here and there, and the next day as well, then we started 'dating'. This bliss lasted a few days, but alas, no love story has a happy ending. "Sungie" He said one day, crying. I kissed his tears and asked him what was wrong. "I'm going back to Infinysium tomorrow. I will miss you" We gave eachother a passionate kiss. "I want to see you again." He gave me a last, passioate kiss,before leaving. Our tongues were tied in an unbreakable knot, tied with passion. 

~ End of Flashback ~

I can't believe Woohyun forgot about our small history.Eunnam ruined everything. If he forgot about me, it's because of her. It was the year before my senior year, when I stayed under the bridge. Memories... And it can't be possible that Woohyun completely forgot those days! He has to remember! But first, I have to fix the life that Eunnam ruined..