:Safety

Safety
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun couldn’t see the girl properly, he didn’t want to, but, he knew what he did want.

 

“He is going to die,” he seethed, pulling his hand from around Aeri and beginning to storm towards the man.

 

“Baekhyun,” Aeri said softly. “I’m fine, it’s okay. Please, stop,” she gently held his arm and pulled him back towards her. Once he’d turned around, she saw something in his eyes she’d never seen in him before; anger, hatred, fierceness.

 

And just like that, it was gone. His eyes had become gentle again when he locked gazes with her, his stance had relaxed, not looking so harsh. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry I brought you here. I’m just sorry for everything, Aeri,” he breathed. It was then that the tears really came for her. He wrapped his arms around her frail body as she buried her head into his neck.

 

“Do you want to leave?” Baekhyun asked as she wiped the last of her tears away and he pulled away from her. The other couple had since left their previous spot, Baekhyun had noticed, and continued further into the shopping centre, enjoying their almost sinful day together.

 

Aeri nodded her head. “Can we take a walk? I don’t want this day with you to be ruined.”

 

“Of course,” he answered.

 

On their way out, Aeri took a glance back to see if Jaekyung was still there. He wasn’t, and she sadly turned back and walked with Baekhyun out of the double doors, their hands brushing slightly, but not held together.

 

They walked in silence for hours, it felt like. Aeri didn’t feel like talking or interacting, but Baekhyun hated seeing her like this, so helpless. It reminded him of the night a few weeks ago. He wanted to kiss her again. He wanted her to know that he’d fallen for her, that she’d truly taken his heart away, as cliche as it sounded. He hadn’t even mentioned the night, but he wanted to, she probably thought he’d forgotten about it, that he didn’t care, but he did, he really did. He cared about it more than anything.

 

But he didn’t say anything; he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. The feeling of guilt built up in his throat for no apparent reason until it came to him.

 

This was wrong.

 

All of it. All his feelings were wrong, they shouldn’t exist. Jaekyung was a horrible person and a cheater and a liar, but did that give Baekhyun the right to swoop in and be her saviour?

 

He felt in his pocket for the little box. His heart hurt as his fingers touched it, he wanted to give it to her, but when? How? What circumstances? Would he confess? Or keep quiet.

 

He pulled his hand back out from his coat, empty. Aeri looked up at him, noticing his hand moving around a lot, and gave him a small smile, her fingers brushing his lightly and fiddling with them.

 

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun,” she whispered, stopping in a little c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter