"I see why not."

Accept Me

The moment Kai stepped in the cafe, he saw Kyungsoo with a distressed look on his face, but it soon changed into a smile the moment he saw Kai.

“What’s wrong?” Was the first question Kai asked him. He wouldn’t say that he’s concern, but for some reason he feels something off.

“What makes you think something is wrong.”

“It’s three in morning, and you basically told me to get my over here.”

He sat down on the seat in front of Kyungsoo and he notice that there was a cup of coffee. He sniff it and he recognize the smell.

“I hope you don’t mind but I bought you a Caramel Macchiato.”  

It’s not that Kai doesn’t mind but he finds it meaningless to buy sweet food or drinks because he can’t taste it. So to him, it’s like drinking a drink without a taste, but a least he’ll feel the warmth.

“I don’t mind.” And took a drink from it. “But seriously why did you call me to come here, and you better have a great explanation.”

Kyungsoo looks away from him to a near by window before looking back to Kai. “I have some personal problems right now. Tell me Kai, will you choose you happiness over another?”

Kai does not like where this is heading, but he continues the conversation. “I would pick my happiness.”

Kyungsoo smile at him and took a sip from his drink. “I would too.” Kai frown at his response. What is that suppose to mean? “I feel like I’m talking to someone that I have known for years.”

“Is that a bad thing?”

“I don’t know.”

They sat there drinking their drinks in complete silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence, but a comforting one.

Kai checked his phone and it was almost four. “I should get going. I have work in the morning.”

Both Kai and Kyungsoo stood up heading to the exit door. “Are you busy later today, Kai?”

“After work I usually go somewhere to eat.” He said as they exit the cafe.

“And what time do you finish work?” Kyungsoo looks at his phone, and from what Kai can see, it’s his schedule.

All he was able to read was College and Meeting. “8:45”

“I’ll pick you up from here at 9:10. Is that enough time for you to get here?” Kyungsoo looks up at Kai.

“Yeah.” And for some reason, Kai likes him being bossy. It’s probably my hybrid instincts… Yup blame it on his instincts.

“Okay. I’ll see you tonight.” He smiles at him. “And by the way, nice beanie.”

Every time Kyungsoo mentions Kai’s beanie, it makes his heart race a little. Just that fact that he will probably find out that he’s a hybrid and he’ll probably end up hating him, makes him feel anxious.

“Thanks.”

 

 

 

Kai didn’t get much sleep. He got home and laid on his bed, but he was wide awake.

Just the thought of Kyungsoo was giving him a headache.

He called to meet him up at the cafe, told him he had problems, and he wants to hang out later today.

Kai is not stupid, he basically knows where this is heading and he knows things are not going to work out between them. As friends or as anything.

Why? Because Kai is a hybrid and Kyungsoo is a human.

People look down at his kind and when a human socialize with a hybrid, they also become a victim. And that’s something Kai doesn’t want with Kyungsoo.

His alarm went on and he shut it off in a heart beat.

“Not an ounce of sleep.”


 

The day went by pretty slow for him. All he does in his job is wash dishes and once in a while, if they’re short on waiters, he’ll go and order people’s food.

But that’s rare.

For the first time in a very long time, he actually felt very tired. He didn’t get enough sleep and standing up doing nothing didn’t help his case.

“You look sleepy.” Kai looks up to see the same co worker standing a little too close to him. “I could wash them if you want.”

Kai wouldn’t say she’s an ugly person. Any human would probably kill to date a girl like her. Kind, cheerful, respectful, and he has to admit, she’s pretty cute. But not his type.

“It’s okay, I’m almost done with my shift.” He continue to wash to remaining dishes.

“Hey Kai, Do you know my name?”

He doesn’t want to be rude and say no, but he honestly doesn’t know anyone that works in this restaurant. All he has to do is look at her nametag, but even that’s rude.

He just stayed quiet and hopefully she will leave and let him finish his work. But he guess that luck was not on his side when he heard her let out a heavy sigh.

“It’s Lee Hyeri.” She said in an almost annoyed voice. “Kai, we worked under the same roof for almost two years.”

“I’m sorry.” That’s all he can say to her. He wasn’t really sorry but he doesn’t want to seem like an .

“I’ll help you dry off the dishes.” And without letting Kai oppose, she grabs a towel and started to dry off the platter.

It took them less than five minutes to finish the job and with that he can finally go home and sleep.

“Thanks.” He said to her as he picked up his coat.

She smiles and walk towards her jacket. “No problem, but you should repay me by taking me out to dinner tomorrow.”

Goddamit! Of course she would want something in return!

Kai took a deep breath and smile back at her. He was thinking about saying no, but it will kill some time tomorrow. “Sure.”

Maybe going on a date with her will clear his mind from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo...

! I almost forgot!

“Well I need to go so I’ll be leaving first.” He left the restaurant and head towards the cafe.

8:58. I think I have enough time.

 

Once he reached there, he saw Kyungsoo sitting down looking at his drink. Kai is afraid to admit, but he looks cute.

Kyungsoo’s lips are pouting and his face looks somewhat peaceful. But not fully there. Like something is bothering him, and that caused Kai to frown.

Putting his emotions aside, he walks towards Kyungsoo and sat in front of him.

“Hey.” He simply said.

Kyungsoo looks up and smiles a little before looking back at his drink. “You’re late.”

Kai looks at his phone and it read 9:12. Just two minutes late…

“I’m sorry. I was talking to a co worker.”

Kyungsoo took a drink of his coffee and looks up at him. “Boy or girl?”

“A girl.” He frown at him. For some reason, he feels like he’s being interrogated.

Kyungsoo stood up and smiled down at him. “Let’s go walk around.”

 

 

 

Kai wouldn’t say he’s tired.

 

No…

 

He’s exhausted.

 

 

 

He doesn’t know how Kyungsoo isn’t tired. They’ve been walking around the town for half an hour and he’s still very jumpy. But he doesn’t mind.

It makes him feel more human.

“Do you want some cotton candy.” Kyungsoo cheerfully asked him.

“No thank you.”

Kyungsoo looks at him and grin. “I’m getting you cotton candy.” And went off to a near by store to buy some.

Kai didn’t fight back when Kyungsoo return with a giant bag of it. Instead he smiles at Kyungsoo.

“I feel like you’re going to get me fat in the near future.” Kai told him while stuffing the sugary candy into his mouth.

“Oh, so you’re telling me that we’re still going to be friends in the near future?”

Kai looks at him and tilted his head a little. “I see why not.” But he does feel a bit uneasy about the future.

But right now he doesn’t mind. Seeing Kyungsoo smile made his heart almost skip a beat.
Almost.

 

“Are you busy tomorrow?”

It was really close to midnight and Kai was walking Kyungsoo home.

Kai had fun.

He hasn’t felt that much fun since, well since never.

“I have a date with some girl tomorrow.” He said it like it was a chore.

“The co worker?”

“Yeah. She helped me with the dishes and I guess she wants me to repay her back by taking her to dinner.”

“Is she pretty?”

Kai was kinda surprise he asked that question. His sensing a bit of jealousy coming out of Kyungsoo.

“Very.” He smirks at Kyungsoo, but he wasn’t looking. He isn’t the trolling type but he feels the need to toy around with Kyungsoo.

His hybrid instincts can sense his jealousy rising almost dangerously, however, Kyungsoo isn’t letting out a single hint of distress. Amazing…

“I hope you have fun.” He smiles at him. “That’s my apartment.” He pointed at a building.

Kai already knew Kyungsoo had money by the way he just spends it like it was nothing, but wow. His apartment complex is huge. He bets that one bedroom is the same size of his whole apartment.

“So when are you free then?” Kyungsoo’s voice snapped him back to reality.

“Any day, except for tomorrow.”

Kyungsoo stayed mum. Kai wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or not.

“Can you come to my apartment tomorrow after your date since you already know where I live.”

Kai stayed quiet. He wasn’t sure if that’s a great idea. He needs his sleep and knowing Kyungsoo, he's probably going to talk all night.

Right when he was going to say something, Kyungsoo began to speak again.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to. I just want to see you tomorrow.”

Kai can feel it. It’s small but he feels it. Kyungsoo’s emotions towards him is growing.

His instincts is telling him to stay away from him. To stay away from that human. But his heart is telling him something else.

Kai looks down at the ground, he’s probably going to regret this decision. “If I can remember the directions, I will.” He looks up at Kyungsoo with a smile.

He can’t do it.

He can’t say no to him. Cause the one thing he likes right now, is seeing Kyungsoo smile.

A genuine smile.

 

 


 

 

A/N

This is a slightly longer chapter.
This actually took me a couple of days, surprisingly.
I was thinking about posting every Tuesday, but I will have to think about that.
Anyways, thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed it ^^
Bye!!