"Are you free tonight?"

Accept Me

“I don’t really see why I should do this.” Sehun said as he’s putting his hair back and putting a black cap on. “It hurts my ears.”

“Just put it on.” Kai said as he’s making some pancakes with eggs. He suddenly feels a pair of hands on his waist and he looks behind to see Sehun smiling at him.

“So this is where your tail is hidden.” He took his hands off of Kai’s waist. “No wonder I was unable to find it. It’s all tied up around your waist.” He turns around gently brushing his tail onto Kai’s back.

Kai let out a heavy sigh and shook his head. “Sehun you better hide that tail of yours before they come.”

“Kai, I really like your friend’s sense of fashion. His clothes are very simple but neat.” He completely changes the subject.

Kai turns to look at Sehun as he remembers his roommate once worn that outfit before. A graphic white shirt with a skull design, a gray collar jacket, and a dark jean.

I wonder what happened to you…

“Eww what is that smell?” Kai snapped out of his thoughts and frown at Sehun’s comment.

“Pancakes and eggs.” He sniffs around but the sweet smell of his food only fills the air.

“No that. But that.” Sehun pointed at the front door and just seconds after that, someone began knocking. “It feels like death himself is knocking on the door. Such a horrible feeling.” He got up and left to go inside his room.

What does he mean by that. But he didn’t have time to think much about it because the doorbell rang this time.

He opens the door to only see a friendly face. His big eyes never seem to fail his heart to race, even if it’s just a bit.

“Hi Kai.” Kyungsoo smiles at him. Kai looks behind him and sees his friends with an angry expression on his face.

What’s wrong with him…

“Oh! Kai I’ll like you to meet my friend Lay.” He brings up his friend. He looks slightly older than both of them but very handsome. “Lay this is Kai.”

This Lay guy did not look happy to see him. It looks like he just wanted to leave and never come back.

“Zhang Yixing.” He corrected Kyungsoo. “Only you can call my Lay.”

Kyungsoo let out a small sigh but turn and smiles at Kai. “So where’s your cousin?”

“He’s in the room. You can come in as I get him.” He opens the door wider and lets them in.

Kai left them in the living room as he went into now Sehun’s room.

“Sehun they’re here to examine your swollen face of yours.” He looks around and sees Sehun sitting on the floor looking what seems like pictures. “What are you doing.”

“Who’s this?” He stands up showing Kai a picture that he found while looking for a belt in the closet. “He looks cute.” He said with a smile.

But Kai wasn’t smiling.

“Come on let’s go, before Kyungsoo’s friend gets even more impatient.”

 

“So how was your date, Kai?” Kyungsoo asked him as they both sit on the table eating their breakfast.

He chuckle a little as he recall his date with Hyeri. It was probably the shortest and worst date he has ever had.

“Let’s just say that I won’t be going on another date with her.”

“A date with who?” This time it was Sehun who spoke up.

“I told you to stop moving around!” Yixing yells at him. “Damn brat.”

“Lay don’t be a jerk to him. He’s just a kid.” He looks at Sehun and back to Kai. “How old is he anyways?”

Kai honestly doesn’t know either. He didn’t bother to ask him anything yesterday. But I guess it won’t hurt to ask right now.

“Sehun! How old are you again?”

Sehun smiles at him and replies back. “I’m going to be eighteen in a couple of weeks.”

“You’re going to be what!” Kai almost choked on his silva.

If he was a typical teenager boy he wouldn’t mind him turning eighteen, but Sehun’s a hybrid. And that means, He’s going to start his heat.

Kai is definitely not ready for something like that. He still remembers his heat like it was just yesterday.

“Kai?” Kyungsoo worriedly calls him. “Are you okay?”

Kai heard Sehun laughing as he comes back to his senses. “Yeah I’m fine.”

“Kai?” Kyungsoo calls his name again but with questioning eyes. “Are you free tonight?”

Kai can tell that Kyungsoo is nervous as he asked that question. But he’s more nervous than him, if that’s even possible.

“Yes he is.” Sehun replies for him. “All he does is sit at home and watch T.V.”

“How many times do I have to tell you to stay still.” Yixing let out a heavy sigh.

“You’re being too rough on my face. It hurts.” Sehun whines.

“So?” Kyungsoo ask again. “Are you?”

Kai nodded his head and smile. “Yeah.”

“Oh. Then do you want to hang out? I mean if you want.” He puts a slice of pancake in his mouth.

“I would love to.”

Just then Kyungsoo’s phone rang and it made Yixing to stop treating Sehun to look at Kyungsoo.

“Hello? Okay, I’ll be there.” He said in a serious tone. “Lay it’s time to go.”

Lay smile and shook his head. “He found out?”

“Yeah and he sounded pretty angry.” He turns to Kai. “I’ll pick you up at eight, Okay?”

“Okay.”

Kyungsoo let out a shy smile before standing up. “And Kai, I really like your beanie.” He said before leaving.

Kai didn’t really have time to think what Kyungsoo just said. Yixing came up to him with a pink tint on his face avoiding Kai’s eyes.

“This is his peppermint oil for his cuts. It will relieve some pain and kill the bacteria.” He gives Kai a small bottle. “Also his nose is not broken so he should be fine.”

Once Yixing left he turns to Sehun who was all cheerful and smiling like an idiot.

“What did you say to him?”

Sehun just grins and shrugged his shoulders. “I just told him that he’s cute.”

“I doubt it.”

“Hey, it’s not my fault that he blushes like a little schoolgirl.” He walks towards Kai grabbing a piece of egg and eating it.

Kai just rolled his eyes and Sehun caught him.

“You know, you shouldn’t be talking. I almost suffocated at the pure awkwardness of your’s and Kyungsoo’s nervousness and affection, even though you two didn’t do anything. But I had to keep a straight face cause that Yixing guy was right in front of me and he’s really cute.” Sehun let out a small pout.

“Talking about Yixing, now I know why you said what you said earlier this morning. That guy is kinda rude.” He tries to change the subject and it works.

“Hmm?” Sehun began taking off his hat and revealing his tail. “I wasn’t talking about Yixing. I was talking about your boyfriend, um what’s his name again?”

“Kyungsoo and he’s not my boyfriend.”

Sehun smirk. “ The more you deny it, the harder you fall, Kai. I can smell both of your hormones going a little off when you’re both together. I can tell that he likes you, heck he even asked you out on a date.”

“He asked me to hang out with him.”

“He asked you on a date.” He simply put it out. “And if you don’t accept the fact that you have mutual feelings for him, then you’re just going to end up hurting another person.”

“Another person?” Kai steps closer. “What do you mean by that.”

Sehun looks away and started to move his ears in random direction. “I need to go to the restroom.”

“Sehun.” Kai’s voice made Sehun to stop moving. Sehun has never heard anyone call his name in such a callous tone. “Answer my question. What other person?”

Sehun turns around and let out his breath that he didn’t know he was holding. “Your former roommate.” That’s all he said and he ran to his room.

Former roommate? Does he mean…  

Kai sat down on his couch with more questions than answers.

The day just started and I’m already having a bad day.

He stayed on the couch for less than an hour before getting up heading towards Sehun’s room but it turns out being locked.

“Sehun open the door.”

With that Sehun slowly opens the door with a serious look on his face. “What.”

“Are you mad at me?” Kai frowns at him. Sehun just shook his head and stares at Kai with a pout on his face. “Would you like to help me pick an outfit for my ‘date’. I’m pretty sure you can pick clothes better than me.”

And just as Kai finish saying his sentence Sehun’s face lit up. Kai will talk to Sehun about his roommate later. He himself doesn’t know how to feel about the situation.

“Are serious?” Sehun asked with a little too much enthusiasm in his voice. Kai nodded his head and with that Sehun quickly grabbed Kai’s arm and went to his room.

Sehun pause for a second and smile. “So this is where the magic happens.” He looks around at Kai’s neat room. His room isn’t big but it’s not small either. It’s decent size for single person.

“No, this is where I sleep.” He walks towards his closet and opens it. “Pick an outfit before I change my mind about this.”

Sehun quickly went to Kai’s closet and was amaze by the different variety of clothing he has.

He has from casual clothing, streetwear, suits, and even designer clothes. He even has a stack of hats and a pile of beanies.

“How can you afford all of this?” He points at his clothes.

Kai runs his fingers through a dress shirt that still has a price tag. “My old roommate had money, and he used to love buying my clothes even though I told him not to.”

Sehun looks back at the open closet. “Well you should be happy that you have enough clothes to properly dress every homeless person in Seoul, but right now, we need to get you ready for your date.”

 

For the next two hours Sehun has been making Kai wear almost everything in his closet. At one point Kai was about to yell at him and tell him that he’s wasting his time, but then again, it’s his fault for asking for his help.

“Kai, you look good in every single outfit, but it’s too much for a first date.”

Kai once again rolled his eyes. He’s swears by the end of the day his eyes will perminally stay like that.

If Sehun is not going to help then he’ll just pick his outfit by himself. He grabs a simple gray shirt with black strips on the bottom and a plain black pants.

“This will do.” He walks to his bathroom and changes.

The one this Kai is proud of, is his body. He used to work out for hours just to keep his body tone. But slowly he just started to lose interest, and the result is his almost not existing abs.

As he comes out, Sehun could already picture Kai’s future. His eyes almost water up just by looking at Kai.

“I have never seen such a beautiful hybrid until now.” He removes the fake tear from his eye. “So are you going to confess your love to Kyungsoo tonight?” Sehun smirks at him.

Kai went to put some of his clothes away and shook his head. “I barely know him and you’re telling me to ask him out? Not to mention that I’m-”

“Your a hybrid and he’s a human, yeah yeah, and so what? Has that ever stopped people from liking each other? Lee Sungmin’s wife is a hybrid, but they still go married.”

Sehun is right, but for some reason Kai doesn’t feel like dating Kyungsoo will be a good idea.

“Look you’re my hyung, and as your dongsaeng I need to guide you the bad side of the road. You can take my advise or not, but if you keep that image in your head, you’re going to lose this opportunity of being happy. Screw what people say about us.”

There was a moment of silence but Kai broke it with a small laugh. Sehun looks at him with a questioning look.

“I think it’s funny how you’re younger than me and you’re basically scowling me about my love life. But you yourself said that you feel death is lurking around Kyungsoo.”

“Kai, don’t listen to everything I’m saying. I’m just a kid. But you should listen to your heart.” Sehun pause for a moment laughs at what he just said. “So cheesy.”


 

Kai wouldn’t say he’s jittery.


 

No.


 

He’s beyond nervous.

 

The moment he heard the doorbell ring he felt his hair behind his neck stand up. He quickly got a cap to hide his ears and wrapped his tail around his waist.

He can hear Sehun laugh from the kitchen but he ignores it. The last thing he wants is some kid talking how edgy he is.

He opens the door and sees how lovely Kyungsoo looks with his white shirt and gray jacket. Also how his pants fit nicely on his lower body.

But one this he hasn't notice until now, is how his lips are shaped as a heart and how big his eyes are.

Maybe Sehun is right. The more I deny it, the harder I fall…

 

 

 


A/N

This took longer than it should have.
I was going to upload it on the fourth of July but I stayed over a friends's house that night.
Next chapter I promise there will be Kaisoo. I promise.
And also a bit of Kyungsoo's life.

Hope you guys like this chapter ^^
And I'll do my best to up date as fast as I can.
Also thanks for the comments, the upvotes, and for subscribing.
I really appreciate it (:

 

Bye!!