"Thanks, Kai."

Accept Me

Kai would be lying to himself if he said that Kyungsoo didn’t look amazing.

The second Kai opens the door, Kyungsoo just took his breath away. He honestly hates the feeling of being close to a human, but if Sehun is basically telling him to man up, then he will do just that.

Kai slightly smiled at him and told him to come in. He told him that he was going to get a jacket and asked Sehun to go talk to him and keep him company. But of course, he forced the young hybrid to hide his tail and wear a cap.

As Sehun entertains Kyungsoo, Kai goes to him room to get himself a jacket. At of all the jacket he has, he decided to go with a dark camouflage jacket, trying his best to keep himself warm.

But apparently his whole outfit is too much.

The moment he walks out to the living room, Sehun hawks him from head to toe and with a smile. A smile that gave Kai the creeps.

“You’re looking hot.” Sehun commented. Kai just ignores him and continues walking. “Are you going to disregard me just like that?”

Kai looks at Sehun and just grins, then swiftly turns his attention to Kyungsoo not allowing Sehun to speak, “We can go if you want.”

Kyungsoo looks at Sehun for a mere second and then back at Kai nodding his head. “Okay.”

 

 

 

It’s almost nine o'clock, and there’s still people walking around the city rushing to their destination.

Kai and Kyungsoo decided to just walk slowly around the area having small conversation. It wasn’t that Kai had nothing to say, but it’s mostly because the streets are too loud to have a decent chat between each other.

“Hey.” he taps at the other male’s shoulder gaining his attention. “Do you want to go to that store?” he points at a clothing building right next to them.

Kyungsoo looks at the store, and for some reason he let out a very inaudible laugh, or a scoff, before looking back at Kai. “Lets go in.”

Kai didn’t like the way Kyungsoo is letting out a very confusing aura. Like he doesn’t want to be there but he does at the same time. It really puzzles him.

While Kai looks at some of the clothes that are in display, he notice Kyungsoo wasn’t by his side anymore. He walks around the store until he spots him talking to the cashier.

From the distance he can sense that the cashier is somewhat scared or worried. One of those two, or maybe both.

Dammit! Where’s Sehun when I need him!

But he doesn’t stand and stares for too long. He walks up towards Kyungsoo where he somewhat hears him say, ‘Don’t worry,’ but about what?

“Hey.” he carefully stands next to him. Kyungsoo quickly turns to look at him with his eyes wide open before calming down and smiling.

“Hey. Do you want to get something? I’ll pay.” He started taking out his wallet but before he had the chance to do that, Kai laid his hand on top of Kyungsoo’s smaller ones causing him to stop.

“No, it’s okay.” He turns his gaze to the cashier before heading to a rack of men’s shirt.

He can smell a small scent of death coming from behind him making it hard to move. He feels a small poke on his arm and turns to only see the complete opposite of Death.

Kyungsoo tilted his head and frown a little, concern written all over his face.

“Kai, are you okay?”

Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?

“I’m just hungry.” He kindly smiles at him.

He notice Kyungsoo looking away with a small glow of pink forming on his face and somehow Kai can’t really sense that dreadful aura he had sense not too long ago anymore.

Kai made the choice to make a bold move. He softly grabs Kyungsoo’s wrist and pulls him outside the store and to a nearby food place. He can feel Kyungsoo’s speeding pulse through his wrist as he sense excitement coming from him.

He stopped walking right in front the restaurant taking a look at Kyungsoo but not letting go of his wrist.

“Do you want something to eat? I’ll pay.” Kai asks with a little smirk forming on his lips.

Kyungsoo looks at him still dazed by what just happened. So he simply just nodded his head.

Kai sadly lets go of Kyungsoo’s wrist to go to order some food. He didn’t lie to Kyungsoo, he is hungry, and that can lead to some anger problems but nothing too serious.

His orders didn’t hurt his wallet and he’s happy that he doesn’t have to spend a fortune on just food.

“Are you okay eating daeji galbi?” Kai said even though he should have asked him first before ordering.

Kyungsoo just gave him his famous heart shape smile. The one that makes anyone who looks at it have butterflies in their stomach.

“It’s been a long time since I had beef so I don’t mind.”

Kai sat in front of Kyungsoo while looking at around the place. The food place is pretty neat but small. White tables and chairs fills the place giving it a modern feel. And not too many people are in the restaurant, which is fine with him.

“What do you do for a living, Kai?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked him winning Kai’s attention.

“I work in a restaurant. I usually wash the dishes but I serve once in a while. And you? What do you do?”

Kyungsoo took out his phone playing with it for awhile until he shows his day schedule to Kai. Kai grabs the phone and he sees all theses different times and events.

“Today I had morning classes, but I didn’t go.” Kai looks up to him knowing full well why he didn’t go.

“Was it because me?” But he still asked.

Kyungsoo let out a small laugh and shook his head. “Class is boring. I don’t feel like I should even attend if all I’m going to do is read about is accounting statistics.” he lets out a heavy sigh.

“If you’re going to pay for school, shouldn’t you want to pay for something that you want to take?” Kai isn’t familiar when it comes to college. For one, he doesn’t have enough money to pay for such a thing. And two, his high school grades were not the best.

Just when Kyungsoo was going to answer his question, the waitress came with their foods.

“Daeji galbi.” and Kyungsoo raised his hands to reach for it.

“Buldak.” And when Kai went to reach for his food he sees the young women giving him a flirtatious smile. “Would that be it for tonight?” She said as she kept her gaze on Kai.

“Yes that will.” the woman's gaze left Kai’s and nodded her head at Kyungsoo. Once she left he looks at Kai with unreadable eyes. “Are girls always throwing themselves at you?”

“I wouldn’t say that.” He grabs one of the his spicy chicken and puts it in his mouth. It’s been a long time since he had chicken and he regrets not eating it sooner.

“Kai what’s your surname? If you don’t want to tell him, then it’s okay.”

Kai looks at him and he seriously thought that he already told him his full name when they first meet. Oh yeah, I didn’t tell anything about myself.

“Kim Kai.”

“Kim Kai.” Kyungsoo repeated, testing his name and liking how it easily comes out of his lips. “I really like your name, Kim Kai.”

Kai’s lips started stretching into a smile. “I like your name too, Do Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes shined brighter than any stars that Kai has ever seen and his whole face lighten up. “That’s the first time you’ve called me by my name.”

Kai’s eyes widen at the fact that he never did called him by his name. He just used a simple ‘Hey’  to get Kyungsoo’s attention. Gosh I feel like an .

Kyungsoo must have notice that Kai felt guilty about it as he quickly asked another question after his statement.

“What’s your favorite type of food?”

Kai doesn’t know where these question are leading or if he’s just asking to get to know him better. But he plays along anyways.

Kai brought up the food he ordered and smiled. “Chicken. Fried chicken. What’s your favorite food?” This time he asked him.

“Hmm.” He pauses and shrugged his shoulders. “I’m not allowed to eat many foods, so I’m probably missing out in so many good ones, but I do like spaghetti.”

“Spaghetti?”

Kyungsoo nodded his head. “Spaghetti’s good.”

“Such a simple food.” Kai let out a small chuckle.

“Well I guess you can say that I’m a simple man.”

The more time Kai spends with Kyungsoo, the more things he finds about him that he likes. You are a simple man.

“Do you have any siblings?”

Ka snaps from his thoughts and looks to look at the man in front of him. “No. I’m the only child,” he stops and frowns a bit before continuing. “Well, I hope I’m the only child.”

“What do you mean by that?”

Kai took a deep breath before letting it out. “Lets just say that my folks the most irresponsible parents in the world. I wouldn’t want them to have another kid when they couldn’t even take care of me.”

“I suppose you’re right, but your parents are still your parents. They brought you into this world and from what I can see, you’re doing just fine.”

Kyungsoo does have a point. He’s glad that his parents made him, but the way that they are, is definitely not healthy for them nor their health.

“What about your parents, Kyungsoo? What do they do for a living.” Kai notice Kyungsoo shifting a bit from his seat before responding to him.

“My father is really strict and he keeps me on a leash.” He paused for a moment and smiled, “Do you remember the clothing store we entered?”

Kai frowned but nodded his head. “Yeah.”

“Well my dad owns it. He the Ceo of the Dyo company, a fashion company, and I’m the next heir. That’s why I take business classes. It’s not because I want to, it’s because I have to. But other than that, he’s a good man.” Kai is actually surprise that Kyungsoo has such a big responsibility on his hands. “You don’t care that I’m a spoiled rich kid, Kai?”

Kai already knew Kyungsoo had money, but owning a company that’s worth millions. That’s a whole different story. Either way it doesn’t change how Kyungsoo is.

“I don’t think you’re spoil and I don’t care if your father is the Ceo of a company. You’re still that guy I met at the cafe. Talkative and annoying.” he smirks at him.

Kyungsoo pouted his lips before smiling. “And you’re still rude and bitter like that one coffee you had.”


 

 

 

Once they were finished, they continue to walk around the city until their walk lead them to an abandoned park just a few miles away from the restaurant.

The cold winds cause the rusty swing set to move scaring Kyungsoo and causing him to move a little closer to Kai.

“Kai, I don’t like this place. It gives me the creeps” He said as he looks around the park standing basically half an arm length behind Kai. The tall trees that surrounds the park gives it a scary vibe, and the lack of lights doesn’t really help.

Kai takes a look around the place and doesn’t sense anything wrong with it. “It’s just an old park.”

“Still.”

The walk towards the swings and sat down on it. It’s a dark night but not a cold one even as the small winds hits their faces.

“Do you want to know something?” Kyungsoo quietly asked.

“Hmm?”

“Aside from Lay, I never really hung out with anyone because I afraid in how they saw me. They usually see Do Kyungsoo the next heir of a famous company, but not Do Kyungsoo, that guy that just wants to do goofy things and sing all night.”

“If you can sing then you should do it, and it’s night time so I guess that helps.” Kai almost squeaked out.

Kyungsoo just smiled and opened his mouth. Alluring sounds were coming out and Kai couldn’t focus on anything other than his voice.

It’s beautiful… Kai paid enough attention to understand what he was singing, but even if he spoke in a different language it wouldn’t matter. ...But why does he sound sad. The lyrics itself sounds sad but he’s singing about that person being the one. Being the answer towards everything.

When Kyungsoo stopped singing he turns to look at Kai with a small smile on his face. “How was it?”

Kai doesn’t even know what to say. Words can’t simply describe how he sounded or how he feels.

“I-I” He looks at Kyungsoo who looks tired just by sing. He can tell that he’s out of breath and gasping for some air. “Are you okay?”

“Aish! You can’t answer a question with a question, Kai. If I sang that badly then-”

“It was beautiful.” Kai cut him off before Kyungsoo brings himself down. “Where did you learn how to sing like that?”

“I secretly took singing lesson when I was kid all the way to high school, but I had to stop right when I got into college because I didn’t have time anymore. With school and business meetings, it was impossible to make room for it.”

“Well, you can sing every time you’re with me. I don’t mind you practicing in front of me. I’ll listen.”

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded his head. “Thanks, Kai.”

 

 



 

 


 

A/N

Sorry I took so long to update.
I had a really bad case of the flu, but I’m feeling much better now ^^

My head is kinda throbbing due to the computer’s light so if I messed up somewhere, please ignore it.
I will fix any mistakes as soon as possible.

This was going to be longer, but I feel bad for not updating last week. Also cause my nose is running like crazy and I dont want mucus on my laptop lol

I still hope you guys enjoyed it!! (Even tho this is the best I can do while I'm sick.)
I'm Blaming everything on the flu!

Bye!!