"That person's a hybrid. A stupid pathetic hybrid..."

Accept Me

“This is as good as I’m ever going to get for her.” Kai told himself as he looks at the mirror.

He decided to wear a simple white dress shirt with a blue style sweater topping it with a dark denim jeans and black shoes.

He brush his hair leaving it messy on the front then putting on a black beanie completely ruining his style.

Yup, I’m not getting any better…

He doesn’t want to look like he tried especially when he didn’t want to go to dinner with her. But it will kill some time.

 

 

The place she picked is pretty darn fancy. He would have been fine with McDonalds, and he has been craving for a Big Mac for a while, but he guess it’s not romantic enough for her.

Once he entered the building he easily spotted her. She’s wearing a color mint dress and has her hair up in a ponytail. Her usual eyes are now cover with  thick, black eyeliner making her eyes look droopy.

Wow…..I feel so under dress. That’s all he can think about as he enter the place.

He walks towards her with his hands on his pockets and smiles. “Hey.”

“You’re late.”

Nice seeing you too. And mentally rolled his eyes.

“Traffic.” He lies to her and takes the seat in front of her.

She must have believed it cause she didn’t say anything back to him. Instead she got more comfortable and started to bash her eyelashes at him.

“So Kai, can you tell me at yourself. I barely even know you and I really want to change that.” She smiles at him.

But I don’t.

“I don’t think there’s much to know about me. I’m just a simple man with simple needs. That’s it.”

A waiter shows up with the menu and asked if they want anything to drink. Kai isn’t a big fan of alcohol nor soda, so he just went with water.

His date in the other hand asked for a drink that he can’t even pronounce, but it sounded fancy, and expensive.

“I’m a simple person too, Kai. Just a girl trying to get through life, yunno?” She picks up the manu and Kai can see her eyes widen a bit.

Now Kai is afraid.  

He hesitantly grabs the manu and slowly opens it. Holy mother of God…

He puts the manu down and looks at her. “Are you kidding me right now?”

“This is a five star restaurant, Kai.” She basically shrugged.

“Does it look like I can afford this? We work under the same person and we get paid almost the same amount.”

“Well, don’t you have a credit card?”

“I don’t want to be in debt just for some simple meals when I can just make it myself.” He bitterly told her.

She frowns at him and scan Kai. “Well don’t you want to make me happy Kai. I don’t think any girl will date you with that ty attitude of yours.”

That was it. Kai was not going to put up with her. She may look cute and innocent, but she’s far from it.

Someone else can put up with her childish acts.

Kai stood up leaving the place. He doesn’t care that he just left her on her own. She saw it coming.

The one thing he is worry about is going to Kyungsoo’s apartment and telling him that the girl is a complete .

“Simple. Ha! I highly doubt it!” He said to himself. That witch would have been fine with a simple restaurant like N Grill*. At least they have good meat in there for a reasonable price.

But just as he’s walking to Kyungsoo’s home he felt his hybrid instincts kick in. If his beanie wasn’t covering his ears, they would have been up and alert.

He can sense an other hybrid near by and it’s hurt.

Kai stopped walking for a minute trying to decide whether to help or not. He’s pretty sure if he can sense him then the other can sense him too.

He follows his instincts and turn to a dark alley where he sees a blond young boy getting beaten by three other boys.

Kai walks closer and he swears he can feel his heart drop when he sees the other hybrid’s face.

Is that...No it can’t be… But it looks like him.

At this point the other boys notice Kai’s presence and they stop beating on the young hybrid. They walk towards Kai and Kai focus his attention at the boys.

“Who are you and what do you want?” One of the boy said to him.

Kai frown at him and shrugged. “Should that even matter. I was just walking down the street, happy thoughts flooding my head, until I stumble upon a group of wanna be thugs beating on a innocent person.” He gave them a cold look.

Kai can sense it. They’re fearing him. But they didn’t back down.

An other kid came up to him almost face to face with Kai, but Kai is way taller than him.

“That person’s a hybrid. A stupid pathetic hybrid. Why would you care if he even dies.” The kid steps back a little with a small smirk on his face. “It’s just one less hybrid in this world.”

That really made Kai sick to his stomach. How can humans be so cruel to us.

“Why don’t you just jump off a bridge.” He glares at him. His eyes becoming dark by each second.  “It’ll be one less pathetic human in this world.” He started walking, passing the three boys and straight to the hybrid.

The boys did quite a good job at damaging the young hybrid’s face. His upper eyelids are bloody and his lip is cut. His cheek is bruising and his nose is probably broken.

Just the whole scene is horrible.

“Are you seriously going to help out that useless hybrid?” One of the kid asked him.

Kai stood up glowering at him. “Is there a problem if I do?”

The boy tsk at him turning around facing away from Kai. “I was just putting him out of his misery. That damn hybrid doesn’t even have his parent nor a home.” He looks back, giving the beat up boy one last look before leaving.

Once they were completely gone Kai picked up the other hybrid,getting his arm to rest on his shoulder.

“What am I going to do with you?” He asked him, but it was mostly for himself.

He can’t go to Kyungsoo’s with an injured hybrid. What if he doesn’t accepts him and tells him to leave him at the street.

But he also doesn’t want to take the kid to his apartment.

And a hospital doesn’t sound appealing to him either. They’re probably just going to leave him in a room and let him recover on his own.

Kai looks at the injure boy and takes a look at his face. His eyes are close so he probably passed out. And it’s no use looking for his parents if the other boys told him that he doesn’t have parent or a house.

Why is my life so complicated…


 

 

Kai decided to walk back home and not go to Kyungsoo’s house. He’ll just tell him that something came up.

He laid the other at his couch and rush to his restroom grabbing his first aid kit. When he got back, the other woken up and he’s looking around. His ears is up and his tail is slightly moving.

“You’re up.” Kai spoke up.

This cause the boy to jump a bit and turn around. Kai would have laugh at his swollen face but that seems a little to mean even for him.

“You brought me here?”

“Yeah. Now sit down I need treat your wounds.”

The kid sat back down with his ears slowly going down. “Sehun.” Kai looks up at him and frowns. “That’s my name.”

“Kai.” He said as cleans his open cuts. He told him to stay there as he went to the kitchen to get a piece of frozen meat.

“Put this on your face. I don’t have an ice pack but this will do for now.” He hands him the raw meat.

Sehun did what he was told. “I was able to sense you a mile away, but I wasn’t sure if you were going to come.”

A mile! The furthest Kai can sense an other hybrid is at least a block away from him.

“Why are you wearing a beanie and covering your tail?” He asks Kai. “Are you ashame of being a hybrid?”

Kai looks at him and frowns. “I wear it cause I don’t want humans to drag me to an alley and beat me till I’m black and blue.”

“Oh, so you’re afraid of humans.”

“Yunno, you’re moving and you can talk, which means you’re feeling better, so I’m now asking you to leave my home.” He bitterly told him.

“But I have no where to go.”

“That’s your problem not mine.”

“I can clean and cook for you, but please don’t send me back out there. It almost past midnight and all those evil human will come out and they will hurt me again.” He begs Kai.

Kai can see tears forming on the other’s eyes. What makes human and hybrids different, other than their physical appearance, is that hybrids have a stronger connection towards each other.

It’s what keeps them alive.

Kai let out a heavy sigh. “There’s an extra room and there’s some clothes in there too. You can go take a shower and change into those clothes. I don’t want you to stink up my apartment.”

With that Sehun’s eyes shot up, well tried. Kai told him to follow him and he did.

They ended up in a dusty room that looks like someone used to live there but suddenly just left.

The bed that is still undone, a couple of posters of some K-pop idols, and clothes folded neatly on top of the dresser.

“Is someone living here?”

Kai looks around the room and shook his head. “No.” He grabs a sweat pant and a shirt then turns to the dresser pulling out an underwear. “Here. I’m pretty sure I’ll fit you.”

Sehun smells the clothes incase if it’s dirty but it smell like an other hybrid, but the smell is very light, like no one has worn it in years.

“Thanks Kai.”

 

 

He knew it was going to happen and it made him smile when it did.

A phone call from Kyungsoo made Kai’s heart race a little and made Sehun’s ear shoot up.

“Hello.”

“Are you okay? Did something happen to you? Where are you?”

Kai smile even though Kyungsoo was not able to see it.

“I’m okay and I’m at my apartment. Sorry, but I don’t think I’ll be able to come to your house. Um…” He looks towards Sehun who’s too busy brushing his tail. “My cousin came to town and he’s in pretty bad shape.”

“Your cousin? What happen to him?”

“He, well, he got in a fight with his dad and it ended pretty badly.” He lied to him. He doesn’t feel proud about doing it but he can’t be like, ‘I let this stranger in my home because some kids were beating him up. Oh, did I tell you he’s a hybrid too.’ That would sound pretty bad.

Instead he’ll just tell him that he’s his cousin with some daddy issues.

“I don’t know, but I think his nose is broken.”

“I have a friend who’s studying to become a doctor. I can tell him to check on him tomorrow, if you want.”

Kai looks over Sehun again but this time he sees him laying on the carpet in a fetus position while watching T.V.

Such typical position for a young hybrid.

“If he has time, then sure.”

“Okay. We’ll be there tomorrow at...What time do you want us to be there?”

“I don’t have work tomorrow so I’m fine with whatevers.”

There was a short pause before Kyungsoo spoke up again. “He said he’s free in the morning, so we’ll be at ten. Massage me you address, but also, breakfast better be ready when we get there.”

Kai scoff a little, but like always, he didn’t object. “Okay then.”

“And Kai?” He quietly said.

“Hmm.”

“.... Nevermind. I will see you in the morning.” And with that he ended the call.

Kai frowns at his phone but shrugged it off.

“Sehun.” He grabs a throw pillow and throws it at him, hitting him on his .

“Yes.” He cheerfully sat up looking straight at Kai.

“We have guests tomorrow in the morning so hide your ears and tail.”

“You’re friends?” He tilted his head a little.

“Sure.” He got up from the couch heading towards the kitchen.

Sehun follows him but with a frown on his face. “Why do I need to hide my ears and tail if they’re your friends? Unless they’re humans and they don’t know you’re a hybrid.”

Kai gives him a quick look before grabbing a water bottle. “Shut up and go to sleep.”

The other just smiles at him and skipped to his room where Kai can hear him close the door.

“Such a snobby little brat.”

 

 


A/N

I know what you're thinking, and no, there won't be any SeKai
Sehun will be pretty improtant tho. 
I know this is more like a filler and I'm sorry.
Next chapter will have more Kaisoo.
This is a longer chapter so it took me awhile to write it.
Oh btw, N Grill is an actual restruant in Seoul.


Thank You for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

Bye!!