"My name is Do Kyungsoo."

Accept Me

“He’s a hybrid?”

“That’s disgusting.”

“Look at those ears.”

“How can such a creature exist in this world?”

 

Everyday for as long as Kai can remember, he has been insulted and talked down to due to his species. Coming from a ruin family doesn’t really help his case either.

His mother being a crack addict and his dad being an alcoholic, he was forced to move out of his house in an early age.

Being a hybrid didn’t help. Finding a job that accepts his kind was quite hard. But he managed to find a job in a restaurant  washing dishes.

Working with the one thing he hates the most is pure torture. But it pays the bills so he doesn’t mind.

 

“Leaving so early?” One of his co worker asked him.  Kai turns to look at her and nodded. “Well, um- b-bye.” A bright pink color flush her face.

He didn’t say anything back in return. Why should he? He just turned around and let her be.

Kai knows he’s bless with looks, but why should that even matter when he has stupid ears coming from out of his head. And the only reason people thought he’s a normal being, is cause he has to wear hats or beanies to cover them up.

She probably wouldn’t think I’m cute once she sees my ears…

 

Once he got off of work he decided to walk around the city looking for something to eat. He has heard from his co workers that there’s a cafe near by. ‘Just a five minute walk.’ So he decided to take a look at that place.

 

The moment he came in there was ten people watching to order their drinks. But he didn’t mind. The longer he waits, the longer he’ll stay there. And the good thing about this cafe is that it’s open all day and night.

“What would you like to drink sir?” The barista asked him.

Kai looks at the espresso menu before deciding his drink. “An Americano.” The lady gave him a Are-You-Sure look, and he just nodded yes.

The fact that Kai can’t taste anything sweet pisses him off. It’s the one thing he can’t deal with.

Somehow he finds a seat on a empty table and started to look at his weekly check.
Just 350,000 won… Is that even enough to pay for my bills…

Kai let out a heavy sigh and laid his head on the table closing his eyes. Life …

“Excuse me.” A sudden voice brought him back to reality. “Is this seat taken?”

Kai looks up and sees a male about his age standing in front of him. He’s a good looking person but his instincts is telling him to say no.

Every hybrid knows they have to follow their instincts, it’s the only way they protect themselves, but for some reason he can’t say lie to him.

“No it’s not.”

Kai sees the other smile, a cheerful smile, and sat down on the seat in front of his.

“My name is Do Kyungsoo.” He let out his hand. Kai just looks at it and laid his head back to the table. He heard the other chuckle and it really pissed Kai off, but he didn’t say anything.

“I can see you’re not much of a talker. But it’s okay, if you want, I’ll do all of the talking.”

God, don’t tell me he’s one of those stupid talkative kids… Lord have mercy on me.

For a couple of minutes Kyungsoo did nothing but talk. Kai raised his head to take a drink of his espresso and the other made a nasty look.

“Eww, how can you like an Americano. It’s so bitter.”

“Yup, I’m leaving.” Kai got up picking up his drink and was about to leave but he felt a pair of hands on his arm.

“I’m sorry. I won’t say anything about your taste of things, but I do like your beanie.” He smiles at him.

Something about his smile made Kai feel leery. Like he’s hiding something, and his smile is fake covering up his secret. At this point he wants to leave, but he can’t. His instincts are now telling him to stay.

“So what’s your name?”

“I don’t need to tell you.” He quickly said.

“Kai.”

“Wait, what. How do you know?”

He smiles again and it made Kai’s stomach drop and not in a good way. It’s fake… But why.

“Your shirt. It has your name. It’s a nice name I don’t know why you didn’t tell me.”

Because your aura is making me feel nauseous.

“But I guess you can’t just tell everyone who you are, right?” And smiles once again. At this point Kai just wants to leave but his body doesn’t want to move.

Any human probably would have left the moment they felt uneasy, but he’s no ordinary human. He’s a hybrid.

Kyungsoo took out his phone and frown at his screen. “I guess I need to go.” He looks up at Kai, and for a moment Kai felt his heart race. “Do you have a phone number, maybe we can be good friends or something.”

Friends? Kai doesn’t remember the last time someone wanted to be his friend. At this point he just felt kinda appreciated. He doesn’t need to know about my ears.

He gave him his phone number and with that Kyungsoo left, but with a smile on his face, and for the first time Kai actually felt that it was sincere.

 

Kai laid on his bed thinking about Kyungsoo. Thinking about why his smile looked so sad. He has a gut feeling that something is wrong with him, but he doesn’t know what.

If a human saw Kyungsoo they’ll say that he looks fine, but any hybrid who saw him they will say the complete opposite.

For some odd reason hybrids can read a human’s well being. If they’re sick, depressed, angry, happy, pregnant, or arouse. They can sense it.

Just when he was about to go to sleep, he felt his phone buzz on his bedside table. A message? Kai got up to get his phone but while getting up he saw his clock. Who in their right mind message a person at three in the morning.

He let out a heavy sigh and picked up his phone but he didn’t recognize the number. But he has an idea in who it is.


Are you awake?

If Kai was not in a bad mood then he’ll laugh at his stupid starter message.

Yeah.
You need something?

Not even a minute after sending his message, Kyungsoo replied to him.

Meet me at the cafe. Now.

So bossy… But he replied back.

I’ll be there in ten minutes.

Kai dragged his body to his closet and takes out a coat and a beanie then he walks to the bathroom. He looks at himself at the mirror and sees his ears sticking out before putting on his beanie.

He doesn’t have to know.  

 

 

 


 

A/N

Hope you guys like the first chapter.
Don't be a silent reader and tell me you opinions.
It will really help me.
I will try to post every week. Try.
Also, I'm new to this website so I need to figure out how to use this...
Bye!!