Simple Act

Miracle In Apartment?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr.


I always hate dark.

Why I hate dark? Well, first, because I’m very easy to imagine things. For example, when I thought my own jacket is a ghost. Second, because I always feel fear when maybe cockroaches will run on my face while I sleep and that thing would be peed on my face. It really happen when I was still in high school. When I go to school, I didn’t realize that my eyes was swollen. I realize it when my friend said to me.

“Yah, Tiffany! Did you watched drama too much last night? I know that you’re single, but don’t harsh yourself like this darl. If you have any problem, just tell me and cry on my shoulder.” Jessica said sarcastically.

“Yah! What do you mean? Doesn’t matter if I’m single, and by the way, I’m happy of being single. You’re the same with me here, hello. You’re single too.” I said with a sarcastic tone too.

“Then why your eyes are swolen this morning if you aren’t cried last night? Is there any reasons for you except ‘not-watching-too-much-drama’ like you always do?” Jessica took the mirror from her bag and show in front of my face so I can look in the mirror. I was shocked when I saw my eyes. I just remembered, this morning I saw a little brown’s wing on my bed. But I didn’t care and just go to school.

“This morning I saw a wing on my bed. Heeii seolma..?”

“Then it’s true that you’re got peed by the cockroaches. HAHAHA.” Jessica laughed at me while holding her stomach. I’m panic. I can’t go to class if my eyes were like this.

“Sica..eotteohkke?” I asked her. Slowly she tried to stop laughing.

She chuckled, “Mwo~? Just go home. You can continue your romantic scenes with your boyfriend. HAHAHAHA.” She laughing at me again.

“YAH!”

 

 

Early this afternoon, as usual I just got home from the office. I live in apartment that I think it’s not very expensive or not too cheap. I think it’s pretty pleasant live in here because my neighbor really nice to me. Everytime I just got home from the office, if they’re passing by, for sure we exchange a hello or just chat with me about life. Oh, wait. There’s my neighbor that is rarely out of her room.  She works as a painter on the street. She is very famous. On her territories of course. But I admit it, the painting is so beautiful. There’s one of her masterpiece in the lobby. Even just glancing at her paintings, I can feel in peace and I’m not felt tired anymore.

Today I saw the door of her room was open. When I pass in front of her room, I can smell the paint comes from inside her room. I step back because I was wondering what she was doing. I looked into her room a little bit. I saw some canvas and brushes also paint. As I expected, she was painting. I was amazed with her paintings and all that mess she made. It’s truly a painter’s room, I thought. I shook my head in disbelieve. It’s really different with my room. No offense. Suddenly, there’s a strong desire appear from myself to clean her room. I was about want to come in when suddenly I felt a slightly tap on my shoulder. I jumped a liitle because of shocked.

“What are you doing in my room? Don’t you know if someone stranger peek their room is can be one of the crimininalities? You should be careful, lady.” She said in a calm tone but her expression was dark.

“Ah I’m sorry. I-I was just wondering why your room so messy. Do you want me to help you to clean your room? I can do it if you want.” I said as I tried to smile. It’s definetely an awkward situation. I saw her face. It’s for the first time I saw her face. Her face is so cute even when she’s angry. She glared at me and I just lowered my head. Suddenly I heard her chuckled. She picked my chin up so she can see my face. I can feel my face burden.

“Why are you lowered your head? Aw, you’re so cute!” she said between her chuckled. I felt my heart pounding so fast. Wait! What’s wrong with me? I didn’t know her simple act can make my heart beat faster, did I? And also, she’s called me cute?

“I’m s-sorry. I didn’t m-mean t-to—“ I was stuttering and suddenly I felt her finger pressed on my lips. Oh no. I bet my face blushed so hard. She smile to me. I looked away. I could feel her gaze towards me.

“Can I get your number, Tiffany-ssi?”

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter it's too short and maybe I can try update a long chapter when I get some inspirations. And sorry for my bad grammar, I hope you enjoy after reading this chap *bowed*