Amusement parks are always fun! ..or?

Strangers, best friends or rivals?

Third's person POV

 

A few months has past since Kibum moved here and he has started to get used to most of it. Some things are still a bit scary and he's not quite sure how it works, but he is trying his best, for his mother.

 

Last evening the whole family sat at the table, eating their dinner as usual when suddenly Nari spoke up, looking at her shy little son across the table. 

 

"So, Kibummie, do you like it here so far?", she began lightly. He just nodded rapidly. "You got yourself a new, vey good friend, didn't you?", she smiled at him, he just nodded again, kept eating, or.. well.. tried to. He definitely wasn't used to using chopsticks yet, so he tried his best with the baby-chopsticks his parents gave him for getting used to it. "You really like Jonghyun, don't you?", she smiled at him again. Kibum got a bit embarrassed and started blushing, looking down at his plate and nodded once, very carefully. The smile on his parents lips made them so proud and happy that he already made such a good friend. They might be very different from each other, but somehow they get along very well.

 

"So mama wants to ask you something..", Nari began again. The shy son looked up carefully, waiting patiently for his mother to continue. "Misook asked me if maybe you wanted to go to the amusement park with them tomorrow, what do you say?", she gave of a bright smile. Kibum's eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly, way too excited. "Mama, Misook, Kibum and Jonghyun, does that sound good?", she smiled again. "Very!", Kibum repleid cheerfully.

~*~*~*~*~

Next morning they heard the honking outside their house twice, signaling that they are there to pick them up. Nari made sure she had everything with her, as well as checking through Kibum's small backpack twice before leaving the house. "You ready to go?", she asked her son who just smiled at her and ran out the door towards the car that were parked just outside their fence.

 

"Kiiii~buuuu~m !!!", Jonghyun shouted cheerfully as he saw Kibum running towards the car with open arms. "Hello.", Jonghyun grinned as soon as Kibum reached them. "Hello!", Kibum shouted back happily. "Are you ready to go?", Jonghyun asked Kibum who nodded in reply. He opened the back door of the car for Kibum who tried to climb inside with no success. "Oh honey be careful! You need to sit on this!", Nari told him as she placed two kids' seats in the backseat, helping them both up on each side, making sure they buckled the belt correctly. The drive took abour one to one and a half hours, but the kids were way too excited and both mothers were scared all their enegry would be gone before even getting there.

 

"Are you excited?!", Jonghyun asked. Kibum nodded eagerly. "We're gonna ride the cars! And the swing-thingy! Ooh and the roller coaster !!!", Jonghyun said excited in which Kibum only agreed. "B-but.. the roller coaster? Isn't that.. scary?", Kibum asked a littled embarrassed. He didn't want to seem like a chicken to Jonghyun who he looked up to. "No! It's really fun! And you get this rally weird but funny feeling in your stomach! You'll love it, I promise!", Jonghyun assured him as he grinned brightly at him.

 

Finally arriving at the amusement park, both kids just woke up from a nap and didn't seem to have that much energy left. Holding their mothers' hands they payed for the tickets and started off by sitting down at a small shop, buying some water to drink and wake up.

 

"Do you guys still have enough energy for playing around here all day?", Misook chuckled. "Yes!", both kids yelled in unison, as if their fatigue were all gone. "Where do you want to start?", she asked again, bringing up a map of the whole amusement park onto the table. "There!", Jonghyun said, half body laying over the whole table as he pointed at the bumper cars. They made their way across the park, waiting patiently in line for their turn. Kibum, how ever, was a little nevous.

 

"Hyung..", he said in a low voice, jerking Jonghyun's shirt a bit to get his attention. "Huh?", he looked back at him confused. "Can I ride with you?", Kibum asked in a low voice, biting his finger. "You don't want your own car?", the older boy asked confused. Kibum just shook his head. "Why not?", he asked again. "I rather go with hyung..", Kibum almost whispered, his tiny hand still holding the olders shirt as he looked down the ground, embarrassed. Jonghyun didn't say anything and Kibum could feel the tears starting to form in his eyes and he wanetd to get out of line. He looked up and around to find his mother, only to be faced with the grinning face of his best friend right in front of him. "If Kibummie wants to ride with hyung, then Kibummie gets to ride with hyung!", Jonghyun said proud as he hit his chest with his own fist twice. Kibum dried of the small tears that formed by his eyes as he show him a bright smile.

 

They got into the bumper car and Jonghyun seemed to have way too much fun. Kibum was a bit scared, but didn't want to say anything in case he'll ruin the fun for Jonghyun. He drove around all course, bumping into every car in his way and laughed. When the ride was finally over, they ran out to meet their mothers waiting for them, but being the eager kid he is, Jonghyun started running towards the next attraction. "Roller coasteee~r!!!", he shouted happily, jumping up and down as he stood in line. Kibum was indeed scared of almost everything here, but he wanted to make sure Jonghyun had a good time so he went along with it, trying to hide his fears. They went onto everything and when getting off the last ride, the airplanes, Jonghyun grabbed Kibum's hand and started running off towards the next attraction.

 

They reacher the outside of a haunted house and they both started at it for a long time. "Do you want to go inside?", Jonghyun asked the younger boy with a serious face. Kibum got shocked, not expection Jonghyun to ask him that. "I-is.. Isn't this for.. grown-ups?", Kibum stuttered. "I don't know. But do you want to go?", he asked again. "D-..Do you?", Kibum asked back, not wanting to answer it first. "W-why do you ask med? I asked you first!", Jonghyun wasn't prepared for that. "If-... If hyung want to go....K-...Kibummie can go too.", he gulped. Staring back up at the huge, scary mansion. "S-sure! Jonghyun-hyung is not scared of anything!", he said proudly, hitting his chest once.

 

With shaky legs and insecure minds, they both started walking towards the haunted house, stopping right at the entrance. "Y-you first!", Jonghyun says as he pushed Kibum in front of himself. "N-no!! NO! Hyung first! Hyung first!!", Kibum shouted back, pulling him in front of him. "N-no! Why me first?!", Jonghyun asked. "Beca- AAAHHHH!!!!!", Kibum began but was interrupted by his own shriek. He saw the door open and a glimpse of one of the ghosts inside, the crounched down and put both his hands over his head. All rolled up into a little ball on the ground, silent sobs leaving the tiny body. "G-go away!", Jonghyun tried his best at shouting, grabbing a rock his found on the ground and threw it towards the door. "Kibummie are you okay?", he asked as he ran up to the crying younger boy. Kibum didn't say anything, only sobs could be heard. The oldedr tried is best at comforting him, but when he realized he wouldn't talk, he sat down on the groun next to him, putting an arm around his body and just tried to make him feel better, knowing he was not alone.

 

The sobs finally turned silent and Kibum finally looked up. "I-.. I want my mom!", he said in between hiccups. "Don't worry, your mom is right-.... there.", Jonghyun said, pointing towards the swing-attraction. No mothers in sight. "Where?", Kibum hiccuped again. "D-don't worry! I'm sure they are close by!", Jonghyun tried to make sure the younger boy stayed relaxed. He finally stood up, brushing off dust from his shorts and grabbed Kibum's hand to help him up, dusting off his clothes as well.

 

"Where's mommy?", Kibum sniffed. "I'm sure they're close by.", Jonghyun answered, holding Kibum's hand tight as he calmly walked around the amusement park. He was internally freaking out, but he wanted to stay cool in front of Kibum. If he doesn't then who will? "A-.. are they gone?", he sniffed again. "We just lost track of them, don't worry. We'll find them soon!", he smiled, barely believing it himself but he wanted Kibum to have his hopes up.

 

Almost an hour past already and both of them bot tired of looking, and walking. Kibum just sat straight down on the ground, silent sobs as first but he could feel the tears pushin behind his eyes and he soon started to cry. Bawling. Jonghyun didn't know what to do, he wanted to cry as well but he knew he had to keep it together. He, yet again, sat down in front of Kibum, putting his arms around the tiny figure and hugged him tight. Kibum's head resting on his shoulder and Jonghyun could soon feel his tiny arms finding its' way around his waist, clinging onto the back of his shirt as he kept crying. The older could barely hold it in anymore, he felt the first tear slip by and soon he started to cry as well. Holding the younger boys body tighter, pressing his face into his shoulder as he wished to go back in time so he didn't have to be so stupid and just run away from them. He knew this was all his fault. Now they're lost, don't know where they are and no signs of their mothers anywhere.

 

A security guard finally walked up to them, she crounched down to reach their level as she tried to calmly ask them what was wrong and if they wanted help. "M-mom", Jonghyun sobbed. "You're lost? You want to find you mom?", the security guard asked him. Jonghyun just nodded, tears and snot running down his face. He used the back of his hand and arm to dry off his face once, trying to gain courage again. "Is this her number?", the guard asked again, checking the tag hanging from his back pack. "I-I think so.", he hiccuped, sniffling. "Let me call her for you, okay?", she smiled politely.

 

A few minutes later, the mothers arrive, both of them really worried and they weren't sure wether ot not they should yell at them or just be happy they're back.

 

"Kim Jonghyun! What did I say about running away from mom like that?!", Misook said sternly after she hugged him. Trying to make sure he learned his lesson. "To never run away and always be close to you.", Jonghyun pouted, looking down. "Kibummie, you should know better than this!", Nari told him once but she couldn't stay mad at him. Kibum looked down the ground and played with the hem of his shirt, whispering a low "sorry". "Well.. I hope both of you learned your lesson and never do this ever again!", Nari said seriously, looking at both of them. "Yes mother.", Jonghyun and Kibum said in unison. "Did he just call me his mother?", Nari chuckled as he looked at Misook. "I guess he did!", she pretended to be offended.

 

"Well, I guess you guys are starving, let's go eat, okay?", Misook said as she grabbed Jonghyun's hand, walking towards the food court. Ordering fast food, which the kids' obviously wanted, the mothers began chatting about everything and anything, not really anuthing that interest the kid in any way.

 

"Kibummie, can I ask you something?", Jonghyun asked with his mouth full of fries. "What?", he uttered confused. "Why did you agree on everything I wanted to do today?", he asked as he took a sip from his mug. "You didn't want me to?", Kibum asked confused, taking a fry. "Yes, of course I wanted to. But I could tell a lot of times that you didn't want to go, but you went anyway." Kibum felt the blood rush to his cheeks and he suddenly decided that the food looked way more interesting than Jonghyun. "Because Kibummie wanted to be with hyung. Kibummie like hyung. He's fun.", Kibum mumbled, starting to eat. He could almost see the grin on Jonghyun's face in the corner of his eye and it made him feel all bubbly. "So you'd do anything for me?", he asked the younger boy who nodded in reply. "Then do you want to ride through the fairy tale castle with me before we go home?", he grinned. Kibum's eye lit up and he nodded eagerly once again, a proud Jonghyun grinning.

 

Jonghyun don't really enjoy the fairy tale castle, but he always saw how Kibum looked at it while walking past it, as well as when they looked through the map. He never said anything thought, only agreed to what Jonghyun said and wanted. But like he said himself, he'd do anything for Jonghyun, so why can't Jonghyun do this for him..