Get me out of here!

Strangers, best friends or rivals?

It was finally time for Jonghyun to start elementary school and he was more than overwhemled! A new school meant a lot of new people to meet and a lot of new friends to make! Jonghyun is a pretty social boy, he might not be the smartest and he might say the wrong things in th wrong places but he always means well. It's no surprise he get along with other people so well, he's pretty outgoing and isn't afraid to tell people what he thinks. Things are easy for Jonghyun. But for Kibum on the other hand...

 

"Nooo!!! I don't wanna go!!!", he whined, grabbing a strong hold onto the leg of the table as his mother tried to get him ready for school. "You have to go Kibum!", Nari raised her voice. "Nooo!!!" "Why?! What's wrong this time?! You can't keep being home all the time, you have to go learn!", she tried to tell him but he refused to listen. "But I don't wanna gooo!!!", Kibum kept on whining and whining. "Why?!", she finally gave up, letting out a heavy sigh. "Because nobody likes me there.", he mumbled, not looking up to face his mother. "You can't keep telling me nobody likes you Kibum, I'm sure they do. You just have to man up and go talk to them as well. You can't keep imagine that other people will take the first step everytime.", she sighed but kept a small smile on her face, not meaning to sound mean. "But they really don't..", he mumbled again, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "Now come on Kibummie, time to go!", Nari said as she quickly picked him up before he had the chance to grab onto something again. "Noo!! No! No! No! No! Nooooo!!!!" "Whine all you want, you're still going."

 

"He's being hard to handle again?", his father, Sunho, chuckled as he corrected his tie. "You kidding me? He won't stop yelling and faliling his arms around.", Nari rolled her eyes. "Here, take him. I need to go get my phone and bag.", she said as she handed him over, running away to grab her stuff. "So you're a little brat today, huh?", Sungho chuckled at Kibum who just pouted angrily in return. "No? not gonna say anything?", he added amused, walking towards the front door. "I don't wanna go..", Kibum finally mumbled again, his angry pout turning into a sad face. "And why is that?", his father asked him, putting him into the car as he walked around to the drivers' seat. "Because nobody likes Kibum. And now Jonghyun left Kibum alone..", he muttered, looking out the window. Refusing to look at his father. "No~ Don't worry, I'm sure you can make new friends.", Sungho waved if off as nothing, starting the car and drove off towards the school, his mother taking her own car to work. Kibum refused to talk during the whole car ride and he didn't even say goodbye to his father before he left. When Kibum is upset and sulking, he won't say a word or do a thing.

 

"Did you have a good summer break Kibum?", Hyejin asked Kibum as she helped him inside the building. That disgusting building. He hated it more than anything. As soon as he stepped inside he just felt like the darkness swallowed him whole and he sank right through the ground. The kids' were mean and the teachers didn't acknowledge it. All they had to say were always "They're just playing around" or "I'm sure they didn't mean it".

 

He wasn't really the kid that enjoyed playing superheroes or with cars, sure, it could be fun at times, but Kibum he's.. He's different. He's more of the artistic kind. He enjoy drawing and playing dress up, dancing and singing. But the girls, well.. They thought Kibum was weird. Guys aren't supposed to like playing dress up and dance, so they shut him out. And the guys, well.. Since Kibum enjoyed playing dress up and dancing, they thought he was weird because he was different from the other guys. Different equals weird. That's what they were thought. And Jonghyun.. Well.. Jonghyun were Kibum's light in the dark. He was what made this place fun to be. Doesn't matter what the other kids' thought or told him, Jonghyun were always close by when Kibum needed him, he stood up for him and played with him when no one else would. And now, well.. No he's all alone. We all know that Kibum doesn't really talk that much, and he already tried to tell the teachers once, but even once is too much for Kibum's liking. So now he sat there, by a table and drew by himself. All the others kids' laughing and having fun by themselves. All he wanetd was for time to go faster, but at the same time not. If time got faster that would also mean it's lunchtime. And Kibum never had anyone to sit with during lunch time, except for Jonghyun. But when he's not here, who will?

 

Kibum was feeling lost. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to be here. He doesn't understand why his parents couldn't just believe him for once. Kibum left his drawing on the table along with the markers, got up from his chair and walked towards the cloakroom. He tried his best to put on his shoes and grabbed his jacket and backpack. Unfortunatley for Kibum, the front door was locked. But he knew that there was another door out back in which he quickly ran over too, trying to not be seen, but hey, it's Kibum, no one ever sees him. He ran out the door and towards the fence, climbing over it with a bit difficulty. He fell down as he got over it, but he tried his best to not think about it and pushed the tears away.

 

He didn't know where he was head, all he knew was that he wanted to get away from there. From everyone. He just ran and ran, no destination in mind. But he knew from his mother that he had to be careful crossing the streets, but his heart staretd beating faster as soon as he had to cross one. He carefully ran over the street and into a park. There are no cars in a park, he thought for himself. It felt familiar but he didn't know why. He heard people talking behind him and so he quickly started running again. Deeper into the park until he reached all the trees, walking past a few and sat down under a huge oak tree. He knew that his mother always put a sandwhich and a juice box in his backpack, and this time he was very happy she did.

~*~*~*~*~

"Did you have fun at your new school Jonghyun?", Misook asked her happy son. "Yes! There were so many new kids and the teachers are really nice! And I got my own desk!", the young boy said excitedly. "Well, I'm glad you like it.", she smiled at him. "So, what do yo- Huh?", she began again but got cut off by her phone ringing. "My work day is over, what is it now?", she sighed annoyed and rolled her eyes as she picked up her phone. "Hello, Kim Misook speaking.", she answered. "Oh my god Misook are you home?!", a panicked voice called from the other side of the line. "Uhm.. in about a minute, why?", she asked confused. "Who is this?", she added. "It's-, It's Nari. And oh my god can you please go and check if Kibum's home?!" Misook could almost hear nari starting to hyperventilate on the other side. "S-sure, what's wrong?", she asked again, she herself starting to get a little worried. "Mommy this isn't our house?", Jonghyun said confused as he looekd out the window. "I know baby, I just need to go check on Kibum, I'll be right back.", Misook smiled towards her son as she quickly got out the car and half-ran towards the door, knocking at it rapidly. "Hello, how may I-", the butler opening the door was caught by surprise as she just ran inside. "I'm so sorry!", she yelled as she sprinted up the staircase, knocking on Kibum's door with no answer. She didn't hesitate a second before she opened the door and bagred in. No Kibum. "He's not in his room?", she told Nari confused. "Check his closet! Bathroom! I don't know?!", Nari panicked. "Have you talked to your maids?", Misook asked her, running into his bathroom. "Yes I have! They can't find him anywhere but I just hoped it was a bad dream but oh my god Misook what do I do?!" "Just-... Just try and calm down! I know it's hard, but believe me, he's okay! Don't worry I'm sure we'll find him soon, he can't be far.", Misook tried to calm her down as she ran back out to Jonghyun again, but not before stopping to speak to one of the maids. "If you see or hear anything about Kibum, please call me!", she told them and gave them her busniess card with her number on it.

 

"Mommy are you okay?", Jonghyun asked confused. "Yes honey, mommy is okay.", she replied with a shaky smile. She quickly drove back to her own house, parking the car and made sure Jonghyun got in safetly  before she decided to go back into the kitchen, headset plugged into her phone as she were just walked back and forth, not being able to concentrate. "Did the preschool say anything about him?", she asked worried. Kibum might not be her own son, but it sure felt like that at times, and she can't even begin to even describe how Nari felt at the moment.

 

"They just old me that he had ran away, they don't know when or why, he was just gone?! Jacket, shoes, backpack, everything?!" Misook could her hear crying. "Do they have any ide where he can be?", she tried to act calm for Nari's sake, but she were freaking out inside herself. "I don't know?! I don't- I- Oh my god" "Do you know where he can be? Did he say anything today? Where do he like to go? Anything, give me anything!", Misook told her, right now just trying to get her to name places Kibum talked about recently or places he liked, chances are that he might be there. "Where who is?", Jonghyun suddenly asked as  he walked into the kitchen, finding his mother not being able to sit still. "Oh my god Jonghyun what are you doing here! You should be up in your room and play or something!", she panicked, not wanting to tell Jonghyun the horrible news, who knew how he'd react. "I don't want to.", he repleid calmly, getting a juice box from the fridge. "Do you think Jonghyun knows anything?!", Nari asked her fomr the other line. "I doubt it but.. Should I really ask him?", she lowered her voice so Jonghyun wouldn't hear. "Please! I need everything I can get right now?! I'm freaking out, I don't know what- I just- I-" "Okayokay, calm down! Breathe Nair, breathe!", she tried to calm her down. "Jonghyunnie..", Misook began carefully, looking at her clueless son. "What's Kibum's favorite place to be? Do you know that?", she smield at him, not sure how to put her questions without looking suspicious. "Uuh.. Why do you ask?", he asked skeptical. "Nari really needs to know right now.", she added honestly. "Well.. I don't know favorite place, but there was once this one place were we used to go when we were out with the school, you know?", he shrugged, sitting down onto a chair opposite from his mother. "Really? Where?" "Why do you want to know? It's mine and Key's secret place.", he said in a stubborn tone. "Put me on speaker.", Nari called. "What- No I can't- Why?", Misook asked confused, not answering her own son. "Please Misook!", the girl seemed desperate. But with all means, Misook just hoped she would never experience the same feelings as Nari right now.

 

"Jonghyunnie!", Nari called loudly from the phone. "Mama-Nari!!", Jonghyun yelled back excited. "Yes, hello darling, Nari really needs your help right now, wanna help me?", she asked. "What is it?", he asked confused. "You see, Kibummie has done something that's not.. That's not so good! He ran away from school and now I can't find him anywhere, you happen to know where he might be?", Nari tried her best to keep her cool and not break down as she told him ruffly what happened. "Key's gone?!", Jonghyun panicked, dropping his juice box in the floor. "Y-yes honey, but don't worry, he's okay! I just need to know if you happen to know where he is?", she asked again. "I-.. I don't know..", he stuttered. not because he was lying, but because he felt like he couldn't do anything. "What about that place you talked about then Jonghyun?", Misook asked. "Well.. I'm not sure how to explain where it is..", he told her honestly. "Can you take us there?!", Nari asked, not wanting to waste a second.

~*~*~*~*~

Kibum let out a huge yawn as he stretched his limbs. Looking around, it was already getting dark. Kibum hated the dark and quickly grabbed his backpack and decided to leave the small forest. He was sure he walkde the right way and took the right turns, but got nowhere. All he saw were new places and more trees. He started to panic and it was getting darker. With the panic kicking in, he just ran. Hoping it was the right way. But as soon as he saw a weird shadow or hear a scary noise, he started running into another direction. With the tears falling and yelling for help he didn't know what to do.

 

"Key!! Kibum!! Kibummie!!" He recognize that voice. "Jjong?", he asked for himself, drying his tears and stood back up on his feet again. Hoping he wasn't just hearing things. "Kibuuum!!" "Jonghyun-hyuuung!!!", Kibum cried out loudly, hoping he would hear him. He started running again, trying to find the source of the voice. He heard more and more people and he started to feel more relieved for every second. It was dark and cold and he was scared, but he tried to hold up. Just a little longer. "Key!!", Jonghyun yelled happily as he saw the familiar figure between the trees. "Hyuuung!!!", Kibum cried as he ran towards the older boy, hugging him tight as he, once again, started crying. Refusing to let go. Jonghyun, who already knew by now, just held him tight, trying to calm him down as usual.

 

"Oh my god Kibum!!", Nari came running, hugging them both tightly as tear streamed down her face. "Mommy!!" "Oh my god baby never ever do that every again!! Don't you know how worried I was?! What if something happened to you?! Why would you do that?!", she panicked. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", he repeated over and over again, crying even harder for every second. "I told you I didn't wanna go!", he said through a broken voice.

~*~*~*~*~

Finally back home, Nari tucked him in tightly. "Do I have to go tomorrow?", Kibum asked with a frown. "Don't worry, if you don't want to, we'll find something.", she smiled at him, , kissing him goodnight. "Is he okay?", Misook asked, waiting outside in the hallway. "Yeah I think so.", Nari sighed in relief. "I guess you just have to start listening to your kids more, huh?", she chuckled half-heartedly. "Well, if Kibum don't want to go to that preschool anymore, I might have an idea...", Misook looked at Nari with a spark in her eye.

____________________________________________________________

A/N

Well.. This chapter turned out in a totally different direction than what I thought when I started writing..

Anyway, KIBUM HATES PRESCHOOL.

I hope you guys still enjoyed it even, hahah!

I got a lot coming up right now for a few days, but I'll try my best to see if I can get up another chapter!

And as usual, comments are always appreciated~!!