First move

How Did I Not Know You Were Perfect For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following couple weeks passed by in a blur for Jong Kook. He put all the skills he was known for as Mr. Capable into creating as many opportunities as he could to spend more time with his currently one-sided crush. Each week at the traditional RM group dinner following the day's filming, he made sure he was seated next to Ji Hyo and that he took her home afterwards. He relished the time they got to spend together either alone or within a group as he felt they were drawing closer. There was still that easy comfort they always had towards each other but now he sprinkled in different nuances that changed the dynamic. When she climbed in and out of cars, he made sure he was there to hold the door and her hand to help her out. During some of the RM missions, he stayed as close to her as he could, always checking that she made it through without any problems, showing his affection with a pat on the head or a word of encouragement. 

In short, it was a very enjoyable period for Jong Kook. He took immense pleasure in the way her cheeks tinged pink when he hugged her after winning challenges. He noticed her gaze on him more often and that there was speculation in her eyes as she tried to decipher the meaning behind these subtle changes. But he could also tell she was wary about interpreting too much behind the actions and he had not broached the topic again, enjoying instead this slow building of awareness between them. 

The only shadow that darkened the Commander's enjoyment was his apparent rival - Sung Hoon. He knew Ji Hyo and the Fighter were exchanging messages often. He noticed her checking her phone between filming breaks and her laughs at their seemingly funny texts. Luckily for Jong Kook, his friend split his time between his native Korea and his adopted home in Japan. However, this advantage in the fight for the Ace's heart was evened out this week - Sung Hoon was back in Seoul for a short visit and he had turned up unexpectedly during their filming for the day.

Jong Kook seethed watching Ji Hyo and Sung Hoon from a distance. During one of the breaks Sung Hoon had thoughtfully brought the cast and crew ice cream treats to cool down from the sweltering summer heat. He had personally ripped open the package for Ji Hyo before handing it over and leading her to a seat in the shade. The Commander watched them from his own seat as they smiled at each other and chatted animatedly. When it was time to resume their session, the RM mates gathered at their assigned spots. As Ji Hyo walked jauntily back to the group, Jong Kook noticed Sung Hoon smiling as he too watched her progress before theirs gazes met and Sung Hoon's smiled dimmed slightly. The Fighter tipped his head in a slight nod as the Commander did the same.  Jong Kook wondered briefly if Sung Hoon hyung was aware of his interest but the thought was cut short as the cameras began rolling again. The location for today's shoot was an elementary school and the team were all given their school uniforms to change into. 

Jong Kook was the last one out of the men's changeroom having taken a little long trying to figure out how to button the top 3 buttons of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter