First confession

How Did I Not Know You Were Perfect For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Laughter filled the cabin of the car as the two strongest Running Man members talked easily together. Jong Kook had worried about being awkward around the Ace now that he was aware of his budding feelings. Turned out there was no need for concern as the conversation flowed freely as usual. Having known each other for so many years was a blessing. They were back to their usual selves with teasing banter and lots of laughs. 

"Did you see Haha oppa flying around?" Ji Hyo snorted in amusement recalling the funny site of her oppa whizzing around from floor to floor. 

The Commander would have loved seeing his dongsaeng soaring through the air. "I've never seen a penguin fly before!" he said with mock regret. 

They both chortled at the joke and Jong Kook looked over fondly at his passenger. She was more giggly than usual due to the soju she had consumed at the restaurant. The alcohol brought a flush to her cheeks that gave her a warm cute look. At that moment Ji Hyo turned to say something and Jong Kook quickly turned back to the road. 

"Ya, why are you staring? Do I have something on my face again?" Ji Hyo playfully scrubbed at her cheeks and mouth searching for stray crumbs that may have been left behind from their dinner. 

"Ani! I was just looking at your pink cheeks. How much did you drink, Ji Hyo-ah?" 

The Commander's teasing question was met with the now famous blank look.

"Wae-yo, oppa? Do I really look that funny?" This time she covered her cheeks in embarassment.

"Pabo! I didn't say you look funny. But your cheeks are turning even more red now." Jong Kook smiled indulgently as he watched her flush deepen under his gaze. "Don't worry, Ji Hyo-ah, oppa thinks red cheeks are cute."

"Oppa! Stop teasing me! I know there's nothing about me that you find cute."

"Huh? Why would you say that?"

"Everyone knows you don't think of me as a girl. I'm just one of the guys to you and you wouldn't say that to them."

Ji Hyo stated it matter of factly and without malice. Jong Kook tried to get a better look at her face but she smoothly turned to look at the scenery out her window. But she didn't realize her reflection was still apparent to Jong Kook and he noticed a tinge of sadness in her expression.

"That's not true, Mong Ji. Oppa knows you are a girl." He said gently and then took the opportunity to reach down with his free hand to squeeze her fingers in reassurance. "You are wild and feisty and stronger than most men! But there is no doubt you are a woman."

Ji Hyo turned shyly back to Jong Kook as he continued to hold her hand while driving. "Chinja, oppa?"

"Chinja."

The petite woman in question smiled happily. It was obvious she cared deeply about his opinion and Jong Kook was touched by her happiness. Their eyes locked and they smiled at each othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter