Double Date

How Did I Not Know You Were Perfect For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long wait! Hopefully this chapter will make up for it. I didn't get a chance to edit so hopefully there aren't many mistakes but I willl go back and fix later if there are. More comments please! Tell me what you think! I need pointers on if I'm developing the characters right or if I'm moving the story along too fast or too slow. Thank you all! Fighting!

 

---------------------

"Ottoke! Sorry you waited so long, Sung Hoon oppa. There were a few extra scenes that we had to reshoot."

Song Ji Hyo jogged up to the Fighter where he stood in the setting sun. Luckily watching the show behind the scenes was just as entertaining as the show itself and Sung Hoon had enjoyed the hours spent on set. The RM members had taken turns during breaks to chat with him and before he knew it, the head PD had yelled "Cut!" to signal the end of the day. It had been an enjoyable afternoon but the real reason for his presence was the young actress in front of him. 

He smiled at her worried face. "Gwenchana, I don't mind at all. It was nice to see everyone again anyways." 

Sung Hoon handed the young lady a fresh bottle of water and took a moment to observe her. She had changed into casual clothes for their date and he approved of her street style. A pair of fashionably ripped jeans paired with a whimsical sleeveless white blouse that left her toned arms exposed. It was a nice combination of feminine and rebel - very suitable for the wearer in his opinion.

She noticed him eyeing her outfit and asked worriedly, "Am I dressed too casually? You wouldn't tell me where we were going so I hope this is ok."

"Ani, you look really pretty." Ji Hyo smiled at the compliment. "I had a few different places in mind that you can pick from since I wasn't sure what time your shoot would end."

"Chinja? You're going to let me choose? Are you sure you're not going to regret it?" She put a small finger to her chin and pretended to think. "Shall we go get a manicure and pedicure together?"

At the Fighter's horrified look, Ji Hyo burst out in giggles. "I'm just kidding! But I should totally pick that since it looks like you will enjoy it so much!"

"Noona! Why are you laughing at Sung Hoon hyung?" Kwang Soo jogged over and playfully bumped his friend with his hip. "Aren't you scared he will challenge you to another fight?"

"Lee Kwang Soo, are you worried for your noona?" She lifted her gaze towards her giraffe dongsaeng with affection. "Don't forget I nearly won the fight the last time."

Sung Hoon guffawed at the bravado. He threw up his fists in a fighting stance and swung at the air. "Should we go another round?"

This brought on a fit of giggles and his target quickly disappeared behind her dongsaeng. With a tall shield between them, she goaded on her opponent while pushing Kwang Soo forward into the fighter's waiting fists. "Shall we? I think two against one might be a more even match!"

"Noona, stop pushing me!" Kwang Soo sputtered in terror. "Sung Hoon hyung, don't hit me! She's forcing me!" He did his best to resist Ji Hyo's efforts to use him as a battering ram but ended up circling the MMA champ with a relentless Ji Hyo peeking from behind his back. 

The sight of Kwang Soo batting away Sung Hoon's playful jabs had the look of a harmless kitten being toyed with by a lion. Kwang Soo bellowed for back up, "Jong Kook hyung! Help!"

The Commander who had been watching the exchange nearby took the opening to approach the group. He had  been taking his time packing up his belongings while secretly keeping tabs on Ji Hyo. He knew she likely had plans with Sung Hoon but try as he might he simply could not force himself to walk away. It was like a different person had taken over his body because the thought of his Ace going out on a date with another man was driving him insane. He had been thinking desperately for a way to break their date and this opening was the in he needed to insinuate himself into their plans.

By the time he joined the trio, they had given up their play fight but the mood was still lively. "Noona, I can't believe you pinched me!" Kwang Soo rubbed his ribcage and stared in disbelief at his laughing friend. 

"Mianhe", she squeaked out regretfully from behind the hand that sought to cover the grin on her face. 

Jong Kook studied her laughing eyes and couldn't help but smile to see her in a good mood. "Looks like my help isn't needed after all." He turned to his tall dongsaeng and clapped him on the shoulder. "Seeing you standing between these two is like watching two predators play with their food." They all laughed while Kwang Soo did his best to look offended.

"Well I think noona owes me more than just a sorry for using me as a human shield." He slung his arm around his petite friend. "I have a few hours to kill before I have to show up for my drama filming. Guess who's taking me to the amusement park this afternoon?"

Sung Hoon looked over in alarm. "Oh well actually, Ji Hyo and I had planned-"

"That's a GREAT idea, Kwang Soo-ah! We should all go. It's been so long since we hung out together at a park." Jong Kook imitated the giraffe and slung his own muscled arm over Ji Hyo's shoulders, sandwiching her between them. He felt her freeze and inhale deeply which made him silently pleased that she was very aware of him physically. 

She looked over to Sung Hoon helplessly as she was led away between her castmates. She shrugged in apology as Kwang Soo immediately began making plans about which rides he wanted to go on and the junk food he couldn't wait to eat... which made Jong Kook begin his lecture about healthy dieting. 

Sung Hoon was left to follow behind while he grunted quietly in disappointment. He enjoyed Kwang Soo's company as well but he had been really looking forward to spending the day with Ji Hyo. Living in Tokyo made it hard to get together but they had texted regularly for weeks which had kept the attraction burning but had certainly delayed any progress he hoped to make in getting closer to her. He eyed the muscular back of the other person in the group with speculation. He could understand Kwang Soo being a little clueless and disrupting their date - his oblivious persona on screen wasn't completely an act. But the man they called the Captain was a different story. He was quick to grasp situations and was known as a keen strategist. Sung Hoon found it hard to believe he wouldn't have known they had plans.

-----------------------

The warm summer weather made it a great day to spend in the amusement park together. Being celebrities, they were all carefully disguised under ball caps and dark sunglasses to hide their identities. While they loved the popularity they received from fans, it made it difficult to enjoy simple outings. 

The friends had spent a fun couple hours daring each other to go on crazy rides. The atmosphere was fun and lively and they fell into their comfortable rhythm of teasing and challenging. After the last challenge of going on the bungee jump had been passed (obviously the Ace won that dare hands down), they were in search of snacks to fill their growling stomachs. 

Sung Hoon and Ji Hyo had wandered farther than the other two down the aisle of food stalls in their search for something delicious. Ji Hyo pointed excitedly at a variety of options drawing a laugh from her companion at her indecision over so many choices. She pouted playfully before pulling his arm determinedly towards a deobokki vendor. 

Jong Kook watched as Ji Hyo haggled with the stall owner over the price of the snack. Her face was animated as she cajoled and needled for a better offer. The Commander smiled at how much fun she was having. He knew t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter