Re-remembering

How Did I Not Know You Were Perfect For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook was unsettled. He shot up wide awake now. He had been thinking about the first time he had met Song Ji Hyo and was amazed at his unexpected reaction. His heart beat had sped up and his stomach felt like an air bubble had formed inside and was ready to float away! He couldn't remember the last time he had felt this way. And the fact that the cause was coming from such an unexpected source was throwing him for a loop. 

Jong Kook was a planner. He was meticulous in the things he did. It was one of the reasons he was so successful at what he did. He was disciplined and detailed in his approach to all things - from his exercise routines, to his healthy diet, to his career. He was not used to being unprepared. 

He pictured again Ji Hyo in his mind. Immediately a set of warm brown eyes took over his vision. Ji Hyo had such lovely expressive eyes that they tended to be all he saw when he looked at her. You could tell a lot about what she was thinking or feeling from reading the subtle shifts in her eyes. Knowing her as well as he did for so many years probably made it easier for him to read her, Jong Kook thought ruefully. She was not an open book to just anybody. Ji Hyo had really perfected the art of the "blank" look over the years. Whenever she wanted to hide something - like when she was the spy in a mission or if she had discovered a clue that she was not ready to share yet - she could flip the switch and her acting background shone through. She would turn immediately into Blank Ji and no one was usually the wiser. Jong Kook smiled with affection thinking about the many times he had been tricked by Mong Ji. He caught himself again as he realized he was mooning over her like a high school boy! 

Quickly he shifted his focus from her eyes to something else. Her smile! Jong Kook's face softened again as he brought to mind her bright smile. Ji Hyo had the kind of grin that worked like a magnet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter