You're so mean!

How Did I Not Know You Were Perfect For Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You’re so mean to her!”

The Commander sighed for what felt like the hundredth time as he recalled the morning interview and the pointed comments he had received. Kim Jong Kook was used to being singled out for being tough. It was part of his on-screen persona as the resident muscle man on Running Man but today’s comments had stung more than usual.

All 7 cast members had gathered for a fan meeting for autographs and to take some questions from the audience. They were having a great time poking fun at each other – poor Suk Jin hyung was teased about his impala nickname and maknae Kwang Soo was compared unfavourably (again) to previous same-age member Song Joong Ki. When the attention had turned to their only female team mate, Song Ji Hyo had graciously fielded questions about how it felt to be the only lady in this group of overgrown boys. She was admired for her tenacity and people loved that she was not easily intimidated. One fan had pointed out how mistreated Ji Hyo was each time a female guest joined the show. Ji Hyo had laughed it off before comically turning and glaring at the rest of the team. “Ya! You guys heard right? You better start treating me better or the fans will be upset!”

Immediately all the Running Men began protesting in their own unique way. Jae Suk hyung laughed heartily while patting Ji Hyo on the back consolingly. “You’re right, Ji Hyo! You are afterall our Ace. You’re one of the strongest players we have!”

Haha yelled out in mock anger with his trademark gravelly voice, “YA! BLANK JI!! You tell them now that we don’t mistreat you!” He pointed at the crowd while balancing on the edge of his seat. “You are the biggest bully here!"

“At least noona is only pushed aside when there are female guests. I get pushed aside in every episode!” Gwang Soo whined indignantly.

Not to be outdone, Kang Gary jumped up and puffed out his chest. In his best superman pose he bellowed, “I will protect you, my princess! The Monday Couple love will shield you from harm!” This had everyone roaring with laughter as Gary immediately turned pink at his public confession and shyly returned to his seat amidst playful shoving from the rest of the cast.

When it had come to the Commander, he started with "Song Ji Hyo is like one of the boys now! She knows we're just joking around."    The interviewer chose this moment to add her own op
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter